What are you reading

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,331 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Finished: SHELTERED HEARTS by Lee Tobin McClain and started the next one in the series - WISE AT HEART.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Finished: WISE AT HEART and JOY OF MY HEART, the last 2 in the ROMANCE FROM THE HEART series by Lee Tobin McClain.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Still working on the same stuff.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I finished the Yada Yada Prayer Group series. She has another series that goes back with a few of the characters from this and the other two series, but I can only find 2 of them in all of the library sources that I can use. I don't know if I want to get started on it and not finish (5 books).

Also finished:
    A MAN WITH A PAST by Mary Connealy (historical) - Not as funny as most, but very good.
    A TIME TO LOVE by Marion Ueckermann (romance) - heartbreaking that there won't be more of her books. I am going to try to finish the remainder of her KU available books. There aren't many more.
    SHOW ME A FAKE FIANCE by Alexa Verde (romance) KU - pretty good, I am enjoying the Cowboy Crossing series

Current:
    THE ONE YOU’RE WITH by Lauren K Denton - Pretty good. It deals with the husband finding out that he is the father of an 18 year old pregnant girl, from a time before he was married.
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2021
    Options
    And now I'm going to look up Marion Ueckermann and see what I can find on KU...
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I finished AN UNCOMMON WOMAN by Laura Frantz. Very good.

Am still working on a couple of fantasy stories, both YA.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Finished:
    RUNNING UBOMI by Dianne Wilson (South Africa) KU - Comedy of errors. Good. Book 2 in the series. Book 3 isn't out yet.
    SEE ME by Autumn Macarthur (Chapel Cove romance) KU - blind man/homeless woman. Really enjoyed it.
    SECRET ADMIRER by Lisa Prysock (Whispers in Wyoming) KU - fairly light and easy.
    THE ONE YOU’RE WITH by Lauren K Denton (family drama) - pretty good.

Current:
    SHELTERED HEARTS by Lee Tobin McClain - Thanks for the recommendation, Cindy. I am just getting started on it.

I don't know what audiobook I will start tonight. I will let you know later.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I'm starting COLLISION OF WILLS by Evangeline Kelly. When I'm finished with that I'll start on the series I downloaded by Marion Ueckermann: SEVEN SUITORS FOR SEVEN SISTERS. KU had the first 4 books in a bundle.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I finished one of the fantasies that I was reading, THE BLUE TOWER. There are five towers in the series. As you read you realize that the children in this story were adults in their time and have died and come here to work their way to the White Tower, which is assumedly, heaven. Sounds a little too much like this is a story of purgatory, and since that isn't biblical I pretty much stopped being into the story. Won't go on with that series.

• connierandel
    Options
    Current:
    WISE AT HEART by Lee Tobin McClain (romance)
    MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE by Robin Lee Hatcher (romance) - Not too far into this one. I fell asleep listening to it last night, and need to figure out where I am. I only had it set for 15 minutes, so couldn't be too far back!
  • connierandel
    Options
    I finished the Lee Tobin McClain books. I enjoyed them. I decided on a boxed set by Jessie Gussman. I am currently reading THE SMALL TOWN BOY’S REDEMPTION.

I am really enjoying the Robin Lee Hatcher book, but will wait until before bedtime to turn it back on. I don't have very many audiobooks checked out right now.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I finished the Jessie Gussman boxed set. It was okay, but not as good as some of her other books. I would call them "average".
    I also finished MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE by Robin Lee Hatcher (very good) and SHADOW WOMAN by Carrie Stuart Parks (very good)- This was supposed to be my "bedtime" listen, but it was too good to leave.

I started a series of cozy mysteries by K.C. Hart. She is new to me, but so far they are pretty good. I had the first one and checked out the rest of them on KU.
    MOONLIGHT, MURDER, AND SMALL TOWN SECRETS by K.C. Hart (cozy) - finished. Pretty good
    MUSIC, MURDER, AND SMALL TOWN ROMANCE by K.C. Hart (cozy) KU - Current.

I don't have an audio going right now. I have a couple checked out, but I may try to find something that isn't suspense before bed. We will see.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I finished a very short book by Faith Johnson, just 79 pages. BRIDE FOR THE INDIAN HEART, and MOB. It was alright, not very well written.

I also finished a very mild fantasy (just very large and scary predator's) A CASTLE AWAKENED by Sharon Rose. I found it in a list of Christian fiction (I think) but there was just one mention of God in it, but it was clean and quite good.

A also finished UNTIL ALL CURSES ARE LIFTED by Tim Frankovich. This isn't Christian fiction but it's clean and pretty good. I started book two which I'm not getting into as much as I was into book one.

Oh, Connie, I forgot to mention, I won BRIDGE OF GOLD by Kimberley Woodhouse, through Goodreads! I am going to start book one (which I had) tonight.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Finished:
    COME HOME WITH ME by Jodi Artzberger (suspense) short prequel
    DON’T GIVE UP ON ME by Jodi Artzberger (romantic suspense) Pretty good. This is her first full length book.
    RANSOM IN RIO by Theresa Lynn Hall (romantic suspense) audio - Passport to Romance series
    HELSINKI SUNRISE by Marion Ueckerman (romance) - Passport to Romance series

Getting ready to start:
    MEMORIES, MURDER AND SMALL TOWN MONEY by K.C. Hart (cozy)
    A CROSS TO KILL by Andrew Huff (suspense) hoopla

Oh - I really have enjoyed those books, Kim. They aren't related in any way, so can be read in any order.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I'm reading a Tracey Higley book about Cleopatra and the harbor at Alexandria. So far so good.

I also started the story by Alison Pittman, THE LADY IN RESIDENCE. Very interesting.

Probably working on a fantasy too, but am not into one right now.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I am still working on the KC Hart series. I am really enjoying it. I am on book 4 right now.

I am also still listening to A CROSS TO KILL by Andrew Huff (suspense) hoopla, and it probably isn't the best book to go to bed with! WHEW! INTENSE! I wasn't tired at all after the first half hour, but I refused to re-set it because I thought I may be up all night listening to it.
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I finished the first four books in the Main Ueckermann stores - SEVEN SUITORS FOR SEVEN SISTERS: A MATCH FOR MAGNOLIA, A ROMANCE FOR ROSE, A HERO FOR HEATHER and A HUSBAND FOR HOLLY.

Just downloaded (ku) the next in the series - A COURTSHIP FOR CLOVER.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Cindy - I haven't read all of that series. I still need to read the ones about Rose and Holly. I will get to them. I have one of her books checked out, but haven't started it. It is part of the Passport to Romance series. I have read a couple (one by her and one by another author) and they were pretty good, so I checked out another one by her. She has written three in the series. They are unrelated, so can be read in any order.

I am now on the 5th book in the K.C. Hart series (MARRIAGE, MURDER AND SMALL TOWN SCHEMES). I am also still listening to A CROSS TO KILL by Andrew Huff (suspense), but it is intense and I need to break it up. This morning I was listening and totally spaced out what I was doing. I had to back it up 2 chapters, so it has to be where I am not distracted....but I hate it at night (whew, sleep timer left him on top of a train last night), but it is so intense that I don't want to listen for too long and still try to go to sleep.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I finished the Tracy Higley book. This series is basically an older series by her that she is reputting out. I've read the next one on the list not that long ago. It's about Nebuchadnezzar's daughter. Not sure I agree with the premise in this story that he is hiding in a garden on the roof of their palace because the Bible basically said he went out and lived like an animal for seven years, although it doesn't say where he went.

Not sure which books I'll go to next. Still working on THE LADY IN RESIDENCE.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Ugh. Missed fixing a bad auto correct on my last post (Marion - not Main). This Marion Ueckermann series is pretty good. The 5th book - about Clover - has some drinking in it. I don't remember there being so much of it in the other books. It hasn't detracted too much from the story, although I'm not too far in.