Chat

Options
connierandel
connierandel Posts: 1,703 Member
Well, here we are! We can use this thread for chatting about everyday things, prayer requests, etc.

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for starting these threads, Connie!

Went to the doctor yesterday and am going to try and do without my pain med (Tramadol). With the blanket under my lower back and using a Blue Emu/hemp gel on my lower back at night I haven't really needed it, so am praising the Lord for that!

Mom's numbers looked really good, but she is struggling more and more with daily tasks that were once easy for her. She struggles when she is on her Kindles, especially if something pops up! She struggles to verbalize what she wants and I struggle to figure out what it is she is wanting, so I ask a lot of questions - but she is patient and tries very hard to let me know what she is trying to say.

How is Bill doing?
  • connierandel
    Options
    Bill is not remembering a lot of stuff. It scares me, but what they are saying is that it is age related. At this point I really can't let him go anywhere alone anymore. There is always something. He also doesn't remember how to find his favorite tv stations
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,331 Member
    Options
    Oh Connie. Sending prayers your way.
  • connierandel
    Options
    It is becoming our "new normal".

On to another topic - is anyone receiving any kind of notifications on posts? I went through and worked a bit on my settings, but I'm still not getting anything.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I found a spot today that I am hoping they will start sending me notices, but I have been getting information in my e-mail that someone liked a comment, or a message was sent to me, or someone wants to friend me.

We are learning every day how better to help mom. Her memory is good, that part of her brain is less affected than the other parts, she just can't do more than one thing at a time, or think about more than one thing at a time so complex tasks are out. She asked the doctor about driving - WHAT??? We had already gone over this with her and why driving is not a possibility for her, but apparently it's so strongly on her mind she just doesn't put what we said with her desire. The doctor told her that with a diagnosis of dementia driving is out. Makes me sad for her because she is very independent, and I encourage that in her. They did say that exercising her brain will be helpful. She likes her Pixel Art game, but that is simply tapping the numbers to fill in the colors, super simple and fairly mindless so I have her working jigsaw puzzles too. She has already improved in her ability to work them!

So good to see you Cindy!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Carole - I saw you here! WooHoo! Hope to see you on the threads.
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    It's so good to finally be back, Connie!! It's been a busy, sometimes hectic three-four months with preparing to move, moving, preparing to sell, and finally completing the sale of our previous home. There's lots to share, but I'll do that gradually. The bottom line is that I couldn't be happier. I think God saved the best for last in our lives.

Meanwhile, I see that Bill isn't doing well, Kim lost her beloved Jake, and Spark is closing. Dwight continues to struggle also, so I have a feel for what you're going through, Connie. Kim, I grieve with you over Jake's loss, for our pets become so precious to us over the years. And Cindy, I hope you are doing well as we slowly get on the other side of Covid, both personally and with your business.

Hate to see Spark go, but glad you were able to find a place for us. I enjoy and treasure our friendship so very much.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    It is so good to see you, Carole! I'm sorry Dwight isn't doing as well as we could hope. Thanks for the kind thoughts about Jake. We keep having those "Jake moments" where I look to see him on his bed, or expect him to come begging when I get my snack, and at times I think I hear his nails clicking on the floor! It will get better over time - been there done that and would go through this again for the awesome 11.5 years we had with him.

Congrats on the new house - although in all the steps you mentioned I don't think I saw a new home on the list, but I am assuming that that is the outcome of the past three months! Are you still in Georgia? We are enjoying our time here near the coast and being with our Church family. Mom is doing really well here too and has lots of friends and attention, although we can see her mental capabilities slipping on us. She'll stay with us until we just physically can't take care of her, but I keep hoping Jesus will come back before that time comes!

I am reading an Amish MOB by Kathleen Fuller and enjoying it so far. I think it's titled DOUBLE TROUBLE because it deals with two sets of twins.
    I'm on book three of the Chris Walley futuristic series and enjoying it very much.
    I'm also working on a re-read of OATH OF THE BROTHERHOOD so I can have all my ducks in order when I start book two, BENEATH THE FORSAKEN CITY.

Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Right now, things are calm in the Randel household. I am thankful. Bill isn't as sharp as he used to be, and is rather crippled by his left knee, but he is still going....and that is a relief. The doctor's told me that his age (83) is the cause of some of his memory loss, so I am praying.

I am going to lunch today with a friend. This is the first time that we have been out since before the pandemic. I am so glad to get out and be with people again! I chose Tuesday, because I usually cheat on Tuesdays. I know I need to change that, but the guys want the change.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh my, how wonderful! It's not cheating when you are finally getting to eat out with friends! It's part of the celebration! Yeah, that's it!

We've eaten out a few times as a family and with friends (Church friends who we see often anyway). We haven't gotten the vaccination, but from things I've read if you've had the Covid you have the antibodies that the vaccine would give you. I read an article the other day that even the CDC says that it's rare for those who have had Covid to get it again, but get vaccinated anyway! Now they are finding out that in older teens there is a risk to their hearts. I don't trust this government to tell me the truth so I will trust known science that says, if you've had something it's not likely you will get it again (something like this). It bothers me that they are pushing the vaccine so heavily and penalizing people who don't want to get it. Not good!

Well, enough of that. Have an awesome evening!
  • connierandel
    Options
    We have chosen not to vaccine, either. We just are uncomfortable with it at this time. The vaccine that we felt comfortable with was the J&J and then found that it it used aborted fetus tissue and that stopped that thought.
    We do believe that we had it prior to them calling it COVID. We both were really sick right before the pandemic and they really didn't get to the bottom of it....calling it bronchitis, but????
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I bet you did have it. I have several friends who had Covid-like symptoms in December and January before it "officially" came out as well. I remember you and Bill being sick for several weeks around that time! I just don't trust this government. I hadn't heard about the aborted tissue being used either and am so glad we didn't go that route. It only makes sense to me that if you are putting Covid germs in your body with the vaccine to force your body to produce the anti-bodies, why wouldn't having had Covid be the exact same thing. I read an article that said that the CDC says that it would be rare for someone who had Covid to get it again, they are more than likely immune, but they should get the vaccine anyway! HUH??? I'm not putting more Covid in my body just to please their numbers!
  • connierandel
    Options
    SOLD THE CAMPER! The first people that looked at it said "yes" and even had cash! WOOHOO! That will pay for a lot of hotels.
  • cmsienk
    edited June 2021
    Options
    That's great Connie! And it happened very quickly - that's the best way. My youngest daughter has been having that kind of luck. She sold an old sofa - a hand-me-down from her older brother - in a day on Marketplace and a washer and dryer that was left behind by the people they bought their house from. That one took a few more days I think, but still - and everything was bought by the first people to call.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Woohoo, Connie. So glad that went so quickly!
  • cmsienk
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I'm off to Houston on business this week. Still fighting what I'm sure is a cold. I have my negative Covid test results to back that up. Had to take a test to travel for this job. It's that or show proof of vaccination and frankly I'd rather take the test. My 60 year old God- given immune system has been around longer and seen more than any of these vaccines have. There's so much anecdotal evidence that getting the vaccine could be almost as bad or worse than getting Covid. So many young men are having new issues with myocarditis after being vaccinated, 4 vaccinated pilots for an airline all just died - and that airline is now considering NOT letting vaccinated pilots fly their planes... and the drug companies have no liability whatsoever.)

Wow - did I ever digress! Rant over.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Well, your rant is well accepted here! It is funny though, as soon as we were able to quit wearing the masks, I got a cold. I didn't have anything last year when we had to mask up.....I guess the masks were good for something.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Y'all have colds and some friends of mine, the whole family has colds! I'm with y'all on the vaccinations, I just don't trust that they are telling us the truth. And as far as I understand, a vaccination is giving someone a very low dose of the virus so the body will build anti-bodies. Been there done that by having the virus!

Hope y'all feel better quickly. I'm super tired today, but other than a mild headache this morning doing well.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I'm feeling much better, thanks. I got a decent night's sleep last night and had almost no urges to cough today - thank goodness.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Woohoo, praise the Lord you are feeling better, Cindy!