Chat

Options

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you guys read Marion Ueckermann's books or not (I love them!), but she is really in bad shape right now. She lives in Pretoria, South Africa and has covid. Right now she has been in ICU on a vent for close to a week and is now having to be on full-time dialysis due to no kidney output, and her heart is erratic. Yesterday they called her husband in (no normal visitation since they are in third wave of Covid). She has had some minor improvement in some areas and decline in others. They are asking for people to bombard heaven on her behalf.

zrxxf1r5riub.png
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,330 Member
    Options
    Praying for Marion right now.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Lifting Marion and her family up in prayer!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    In at the airport in Houston - headed home this morning. Dinner with friends tonight and two bridal showers on Saturday. Right now I have next week off and I'm okay with that. Looking forward to a little rest Sunday, Monday, then tackling the mess that my house has become.
  • connierandel
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Just to let you know that Marion Ueckermann lost her battle with COVID, but is in the presence of Jesus.

Cindy - You have been gone a lot. I am sure that being home for a week will be a nice change....cleaning messes, maybe not!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    So sorry to hear that about Marion Ueckermann, especially for her family. She is with Jesus and that is only something to rejoice about, but her family will miss her terribly! I hope everyone else who got COVID at the same time is doing well! Prayers for them.

Cindy, hope you make this last leg safely. Wow, two bridal showers! Have lots of fun!

Got my hair cut and colored today so I feel more like myself. She did me all blond this time rather than the blend of blond, brunette and grey. It looked like a platinum blond the first time she colored it. This is more a yellow blond color and I like it too! I set up for another color and cut is six weeks, she'll probably just do the roots then. If I had a lovely white coming in I wouldn't mind it so much, but there are two or three different greys coming in and I just don't like it.

Hope you ladies have a great evening.
  • Laura_TX
    Laura_TX Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello all, this is SONFLOWER_TX from Sparkpeople. So glad to have found you guys <3
  • connierandel
    Options
    So glad that you found us, Laura! I'm hoping that we find more hopping over. So far I am liking the trackers much better here, and I like that there are a few options in posting like bold itlalics, and other word processing options. Hope to see you often.
  • bigwimp10021
    bigwimp10021 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone; My name here is Chocoholic instead and one of my friends is recovering from the new strain of the virus and yet one of the techs in the hospital said he did not know anyone who had it here. I think he must have thought we were invincible or something. I do not know if the masks wll help with the strain.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Chocoholic, I'm sorry about your friend. I've heard that it isn't as deadly as the first strain was so we should see less of that as this one passes through. I hope your friend will be alright! I also heard that there are far less cases of it at this point than there were of the first strain, so maybe those who had the first strain and those who were vaccinated have a greater chance of not contracting this one. We'll wait and see. Mom and I are pretty much home bodies so I don't think about it much!

Laura, I remember you from SP. It's been awhile. So glad you found us. I hope that you will be able to join in often.

• connierandel
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Chocoholic - saying a prayer for your friend!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Happy Independence Day!
    05e1fkbehfkt.jpg

• cmsienk
    Options
    We had a good day with our family yesterday. My dad, all the kids and two of my grandkids came over for the day. After lunch, we went swimming in the pool, then some played a few games of corn hole, while others went inside and played euchre (a Midwestern card game). Most everyone left around 9, but my youngest son and dad stayed to watch an adventure movie with us. It was a long but great day.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I mentioned this in another thread, but am posting it here. This was an impulse purchase a couple of months ago and we finally got around to putting it up yesterday afternoon - just before the family came over to celebrate Independence Day. I didn't have a camera with me when I was pushing my granddaughters on it - but it was a big hit!wkg28kyhr2oq.jpg
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Also, on Saturday I finally finished my gardening project for this year. This is the only way we'll get strawberries. I tried years ago and lost EVERY berry to the birds and bunnies. I made the smaller cage last year for a couple of strawberry pots I had on my deck container garden, but that only yielded 1 or 2 berries a day. In mid-May, my husband made the raised bed for me and within a couple of days I had everything planted. (The plants are all runners from my sister and a few that I was able to over-winter in my garage.) Then I got busy with work, and travel for more work, and opening the pool, and bridal showers and on and on... so the construction of the cage got put off. We lost the first ripe strawberry to some critter last week and I knew I had to get moving.zsgb3k6217b3.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Wow, that is so cool, Cindy. Love that idea. We are wanting to put out some blueberry bushes, the ones we had in Hickory produced quite a few. Wade did something similar for us to hang the netting on and keep the birds off the berries. We had bags and bags of blueberries in the freezer when we moved. My SIL took them for her dogs and herself (they really like blueberries I guess! LOL)

We didn't do much yesterday. We had hot dogs for lunch and then rested until service in the evening. We listened to the booming of fireworks off in the distance in the evening but didn't see any way out here in the boonies (as mom like's to call it).
  • connierandel
    Options
    Oh Cindy - what a beautiful yard and woods! I can imagine lots of birds and bunnies!

We didn't do much yesterday, but go to church. Today, Bill moved one of our nightstands downstairs and did some work on it. When it is done, we will do the same for the other one. They are very old, and we haven't done anything to them since we purchased probably 20 years ago. They were due for some TLC. This is a great thing to get Bill busy on something. I threatened to spend $300 on ones that weren't good wood if he didn't fix these. That finally did it. At first he said to buy them, then he said, that he didn't want junk in our antique bedroom. :smiley:
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Show us before and after pictures Connie. I love seeing old furniture made new again!
  • connierandel
    Options
    I don't think that what he is doing would show up well in pictures and the worst one pretty much done. He is amazing when he does furniture, though. One time he bought a high-boy chest in trash bags and it turned out gorgeous. The mirror frame alone was in 17 pieces. I will post a picture of that later. He just sees what furniture can be.
  • connierandel
    Options
    hnnfng8duu02.jpg