Chat

Options

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    It was cold and rainy the entire time we were at Mom's, but we had a pretty good visit. I worry about her being alone. The other night she took the dog out and tripped over a landscape timber and hit her head. She had a HUGE black eye. Scared me when I saw her - and she didn't tell me.

When I got to mom's I found out that my phone wasn't working there. This is really getting old! I called the company and they said that they still don't have everything leveled out for some phones, although others are fine. I tried the phone when we were about half way home and it still wasn't working, but when we got home it was working. This was the third time it all went out. Bill told me to just buy a new phone. I started doing research. I thought I knew what I wanted, but all of the reviews said that the phone I wanted was inferior to its predecessors and to spend a little more and buy a Samsung s21 fe. I did some research on my carrier to find that it would work with the newest 5g that was going to come this fall and found a phone in my price range that should work for a while. I was going to buy through Amazon, because I had a small gift card, but realized that if I went through Samsung (same price) that I could trade in Bill's iPad and my old iPhone for credit toward the phone. This took the phone to the price I was looking at paying.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,382 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Sorry about your phone woes, Connie. Glad it all turned out well.

The kids are all coming over tomorrow to celebrate my husband's and one of our granddaughter's birthday. They are both April fools. 🤭🥳

Have to spend time today dusting and vacuuming. The older I get, the more I hate housework!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Housework is over-rated! I can't stand "mess" or "un-organization" that is showing, but I hate to say that sometimes dust gets ignored.

Hope that you have a great birthday celebration for hubby and granddaughter. A family celebration sounds like fun.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Yesterday was nice, but a slightly smaller group than expected. My son called in the morning to say that most of his family (him, my daughter-in-law and both older girls) all had sore throats and we decided they should stay home. We were going to cancel because one of the granddaughters was a birthday girl, but the other kids wanted to come and celebrate their dad. So that's what we did.

We'll catch up with them when everyone gets together again at the end of the month for another birthday celebration (the birthday girl's sister - their birthdays are 23 days apart - and my other daughter-in-law). I know the girls were a little disappointed because they normally celebrate their birthdays together and were looking forward to something different this year, but it'll be okay.

Have a good Monday! I'm off for a pre-job Covid test and a couple other errands. This afternoon I must do our taxes. Fun, fun.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Our furnace went out sometime during the night on Saturday night. Thank goodness that we didn't have really cold weather. We have a big space heater that Bill used in the garage when he used to work on furniture, so I plugged it in and we used it for a couple of hours until the weather warmed the house enough to turn it off. I called this morning and had the furnace company come out and look at it. It wasn't really anything...just a dirty switch, so it could have been a lot worse. This is the second minor issue that would have been covered if we had a maintenance agreement, so we wound up doing one. They will check on the air conditioning prior to summer and will check the furnace before starting it in the fall. We used to have a friend that did those things, but he can't do them anymore due to health issues.

Hope that your hubby had a good birthday... and have a good trip. Taxes have to be a nightmare with you and hubby's self-employment. We did ours early, but ours is super simple.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    We are still trying to get everything done with Mom's stuff. The funeral home finally got her death certificates back and are sending them off to us. The Life Insurance she had has already sent forms to some of the beneficiaries to fill out and one of the things they need is a copy of the death certificate. I called them today and they said that if they get it from us they won't need copies from the other beneficiaries, so that's good! Sorry it's taking so long but the government offices couldn't get their act together!!! We went to the guy who did our taxes last year and it turns out they can't find her tax forms for last year and we can't find them here at the house either. We know they got done, just don't know where they are - ugh! We found the two previous years, so we know where to look, just can't find last years. They are going to have to figure it out without that information! We'll try again tomorrow. The funeral home sent me a picture of Mom's/Dad's headstone with the flowers that we had for them to place there - so pretty, but made me cry. I am surprised I haven't cried more, but I also know Mom isn't there, she's with Jesus, so it's better than okay!

Well, enough of that. We had a brief downpour this afternoon. I knew it was getting dark but then all of the sudden - gush! It's already stopped. Yeah!

No walking the past couple of days. I did something to the muscle in my calf! I must be active in my sleep, because I noticed it when I got out of bed yesterday morning - that's when I noticed my knee problem too, getting up in the morning! Tie me down! LOL!

Love y'all.

• connierandel
    Options
    Kim- dealing with all the insurance, taxes, banking, etc took forever with Dad. At least it was just Mom and I, so not a lot of beneficiaries. You remain in our prayers.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Thanks, Connie. We finally got the death certificates and some have been mailed off. I never received the information a couple places said they would send, so I'm just going to wait on them - if it isn't that important to them, then...

Going to go out for lunch today. I did lose 2 pounds this past week, so I need to keep that in mind when I am ordering! LOL!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I've been working in Seattle since Monday. Not getting much reading in, but I'm averaging 6,000 steps a day.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh wow, that step count is great, Cindy! Hope you are enjoying your time in Seattle.

Getting stuff ready for our dinner after Church services tomorrow. We are hoping to have quite a few guests so making lots of stuff! It's going to be a great time tomorrow. Hope y'all have a very blessed and joyous Resurrection Sunday!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Cindy - Seattle is a beautiful place. We have enjoyed our visits there. Hopefully you got to see a bit of the beauty amid the long hard days.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I've got some time off this afternoon and all day tomorrow. I walked over to my new favorite bakery a little while ago for a sourdough everything bagel with cream cheese and a latte. And now I'm headed out to CVS for a couple bottles of water and I might do a little shopping. My hotel has a great view of the Space Needle from the 7th floor. There's an observation deck up there that I checked out today. It's been pretty dreary here though - not much sunshine.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    padghthxr5s3.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    He is Risen Indeed!

Had a beautiful day yesterday for our service and meal afterwards. Such a lovely time. Today it is chilly and rainy, so glad this weather held off.

I'm quite sleepy today even though I got about 7 hours of sleep last night. Hope it's just from over indulging yesterday. Back on track with my diet today.

Hope y'all have a very happy and blessed day today.
  • connierandel
    Options
    We had a great service yesterday, but it was so cold and rainy that we just went home and hibernated afterward.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Still chilly here so trying to do two laps around the house every hour, we'll see how it goes today!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well. We're good at our place. I've got myself all wrapped up today with a knee wrap and my compression wraps! I've been retaining quite a bit of water as of late, so I am going to have to figure something out. I might just have to drink more water and hope my lymph system doesn't store a bunch of it, but my feet and hands have been swelling so I need to do something.

Beautiful day here today, finally warming up again! We'll be around 70 today, so I'm happy about that.
  • cmsienk
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Where have you all been? I'm working at a lovely resort in California this week. I had a little bit of free time the first couple of days I was here, so I wandered around a bit. Yesterday I got an hour and a half off in the middle of the day, so I walked down to the water and relaxed a little. Other than that 90 minutes, it was a pretty long day. And the next two days will also be long. (Yesterday I worked 8am - 10:30pm - with that 90 minute break. Today looks like 6:30am - 9pm). I'll be ready to go home on Wednesday.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Phew, it was a crazy busy weekend for us. We went into town (Morehead) on Friday, then spent most of the day in Jacksonville on Saturday, then yesterday was Church. Just wore us out - but here I am bright eyed and bushy tailed!

Cindy, we went to California twice and I loved it there, although now it seems to be a rather scary place to be. Are you in a fairly quiet place in Ca? Wade's been there several times more than I have and he's loved it there.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I'm nearly an hour away from LA; it's fairly quiet here and feels quite safe. The resort and this client are mask-optional, which is nice.