Chat

Options

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Oh Kim - definitely keeping you guys in our prayers! So sorry that things aren't working easily!
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    No change with Mom. Thank you so much for your prayers. Okay, just talked to closer place and he is going to get in touch with farther away place and we'll see what happens! Jesus knows.

Chilly here today. I did get in about three laps or 700 steps today, I just wanted to make sure I went over my 2,000 step a day goal. I know, that's low, but it's realistic for me. I'm at 2189 so far today. I also weighed this morning and was again at 236.4, so no new weight added on despite eating whatever I feel like! LOL! Oh, peanut butter cookies on the kitchen counter when you're ready, Connie! ;)
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Lots of headaches recently. I am going to try Emgality rather than go through the process of getting aid to get the Aimovig. I think that it's allergies or sinus trouble that is causing these. Usually extra strength Tylenol and some caffeine helps, but sometimes I need the migraine med and that makes me sleepy. But. when it's one or two headaches a day, that's just too much Tylenol!

Pray for Bren, Texas has had a lot of power outages and freezing temps.

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,373 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you've been having a lot of headaches, Kim. I do pray that's getting better for you.

So ladies, I'm looking at Kindle Unlimited right now and I can get 6 months for $30. That's the only deal I'm seeing. You're more experts than I am. Do you think that's the best I'm going to be able to do for a while?
  • connierandel
    Options
    If you found 6 months for $30, that is half price and the best that I can see. I found 6 months for $47.86, 12 months $80.30 and 24 months for $143.80.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    lv2o6wyeh5d4.png

This is what I see when I click on KU under my account. Maybe it's to get me to sign back up?
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I saw on the What are your Reading thread that you went ahead and signed up, Cindy. That is a good deal, especially in today's economy. I try to figure out how many books I am going to read in that time span and how much money I would have to spend to be able to read those books and decide if I come out ahead getting KU. Hope that made sense - it sure didn't while I was writing it ;)

Mom is in the hospital again. She was very lethargic and unresponsive and would just hold her food in her mouth, not chewing or even trying to swallow at the nursing facility she is in. They thought it best to send her in. She does have a UTI this time which can cause those symptoms. I went in to see her today and she would do what I asked her to do but she wasn't able to verbalize with me. Right now she just repeats what you say to her or just says "yes". She said yes a few times and tried to say what I was saying, but couldn't always get the words out right. I'm just happy she was engaging with me. I was able to get her to drink some water and some tea as well as got her to eat some applesauce and fruit! She seemed eager to eat which hasn't been the case for awhile. Her liver has gotten worse in the past four weeks too, so we aren't sure just how much longer Mom is going to be with us. We just keep praying that God would take her in His perfect timing, but we will rejoice with her when she is finally home with Jesus and out of this pain and struggle! We got some good news today too. A facility just down the road from us is willing to take her after her stay at the hospital and can be transferred there from the hospital. Right now the place she is staying is an hour and 15 minutes away, this one is about 15 minutes away. We'll have to go to that facility and get her things, but she is not too far away from them while in the hospital so it shouldn't mean an extra trip. The place we wanted her to go just hasn't been working to get her in there, so we are so happy that this place, which is actually closer to us, is willing to work with us and get her in there! Thank you so much for your prayers.
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Options
    This reminds me so much of my father-in-law's last months with us, Kim. He had stroke related dementia and would also just repeat what we said or say only 'yes' to us. We were very fortunate to find a place less than 10 minutes from our home when he could no longer stay with us. Continuing to pray that things work out for your mom in God's will and timing.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Kim - Continued prayers for you and your Mom. So thankful that you are getting her so close to home, too! What a blessing.

The kindle unlimited deal probably isn't showing up on my account since it doesn't run out until April of 2023. Year before last at my birthday, Bill bought me a 6 month subscription, then I bought a 2 year one.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Wow, sounds so familiar, Cindy! Right now she can say "Okay" over and over, and today she kept saying "Oh" which is what she says when she is in pain. Wade went in to see her and wasn't sure if she was trying to say okay, or if it was just oh. It is so hard to see her like this. Right now she is totally helpless, she doesn't even move her arms, just lays there and lets you do whatever you need to do. I'm just glad she will eat and drink!

Today started out chilly but it's warmed up a bit. I'm going to try and get out and do some walking around in a little bit. Every nice day I try to get out and do something. I did get my steps in yesterday - went shopping at Wal-mart on the way home from visiting Mom. I hadn't been in there in quite awhile. No empty shelves, but not as full as they usually are.

My KU goes until June of '23!

Have an awesome weekend!
  • connierandel
    Options
    We had 9 inches of snow on Thursday. It is still just YUCKY! That is a record snowfall for this time of year. They have the roads clean and we will be able to get to church, but I still don't have the porch cleaned off. It is supposed to be 60 degrees again tomorrow, so I am going to see how much melts and then seen if I can just sweep it off. We are coming and going from the garage, so haven't needed it.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    We got 8 inches of snow the other day. Unfortunately we won't get to 60° for a while.
  • connierandel
    Options
    This is a one day warming trend, then back to winter and another storm overnight Wednesday/Thursday. I'm ready for Spring!!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    We had a couple of chilly days, but no snow! Woohoo. It was fairly warm for several days before it turned chilly on us (in the 40's). Yesterday afternoon it got into the 50's, yes!

Not sure what is happening with Mom right now. Last we heard she was supposed to be going to her new nursing facility, but no new information since Friday. I've called the hospital Care Coordinator and the admissions director of the new facility but had to leave a message with both. We are on hold right now until we hear what is going on. I called the nurses station for her section, and she wasn't available, so we will wait and see!

I haven't been doing a whole lot diet/health-wise. I have been working at getting 2000-3000 steps a day, taking walks when the weather permits, but right now I am eating whatever I want, although I am working on a mild diet, easy to digest stuff and cutting out as much wheat and dairy as possible; everything going on has really taken its toll on my tummy.

Have a great day!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Mom is in hospice care at the hospital. Yesterday she was very aware and talking to us more than she had in quite a few days. When we went today she was sleeping and wouldn't wake up no matter what we did. People tend to have a rally before they pass on and I think yesterday was her rally day and now it's just waiting for her to let go. They are simply keeping her comfortable and safe.

I hope that Bill is doing better, Connie, I know that he's been quiet lately.

Had lunch at a place called The Spot this afternoon. Yummers. I had the shrimp burger without the bun - very good fried shrimp. It wasn't a batter but just a crunchy coating. Had my fries too and a soft drink, probably the first one I've had this year! As soon as we have everything settled with Mom I am going to get myself back on track!
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Keeping you and your mom in prayer Kim.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Kim - Prayers for you and Wade during this process with your mom. I know this is very difficult.

We are doing fairly well in Kansas. We have glorious weather on Sunday and Monday (it reached 70 degrees!). Tuesday it flurried all day long, but no accumulation. Tomorrow it is supposed to get bad again. Whew what a roller-coaster ride.

I had kind of a tough morning with Bill on Sunday morning, but got everything cleaned and together in time that we could still go to church. Other than that "accident" the week has been fairly good.
  • Lywyn
    Lywyn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Wyn. I'm from Northern Saskatchewan, am 71 years old love to read all kinds of books. Had a stroke about 5 years ago but before that I used to review Christian books on a blog and was a member of several readers group. I don't think they do that any more but I might be wrong. I have lots and lots of weight to lose.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Welcome Wyn! Glad to see you here.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Wyn - It is nice to see you here! Welcome to Christian Bookworms. I'm sure you are seeing a couple of familiar faces.

I know that I belong to Avid Readers of Christian fiction and several author's pages on facebook. I don't blog or do scheduled reviews. To me that makes it too much like work. :smiley: