Chat

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I was happy to see a few flakes fall but nothing accumulated! Hope y'all stay nice and warm in all of this!

Mom is being transferred today from the hospital to another facility. The one we are hoping for her to be in long term had a positive covid test for a resident and they can't admit any new patients until they have all negatives, so she will need to be in this new place until that happens. It seems like a very nice place and they have her in there for re-hab and her insurance will pay for 100 days of that. What a blessing! We will let her get settled in today and go and visit her tomorrow.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Well - They increased our to 8-14 inches, now. They did say that if it turned even a little that it could made a huge difference in the accumulation. If the storm goes just a little south, it could be a dusting to 2 inches. If it goes a little north, it will significantly increase the snowfall. The bands going through are fairly narrow, so obviously I am hoping it moves and we have the lesser snowfall, but they aren't giving much chance of it.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,373 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    They've revised our forecast to 9-13" now. It has started misty raining here now and it's expected to turn into snow around 4am.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Right now, it is looking like 5-8 inches for us. It has changed all day long, but hopefully now that it has started they have a better idea. Aarg.
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Options
    🤦‍♀️Don't you hate when you don't catch a bad auto correct? And I still can't go back and fix anything more than an hour old. *It's expected to turn into snow at 4am* (although it's just after 5:30am and it hasn't started yet)
  • connierandel
    Options
    Right now we have 3 inches and it isn't supposed to accumulate much more at this time....maybe less than an inch over the next 24 hours. We really came out better than expected. Now I need to check on my mom. They closed almost all of the businesses in town expecting a huge mess.
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Options
    They closed all the schools here last night. We have at least 5 inches so far, maybe 6. My husband says it's a very heavy snow. It sticks to the shovel when he tries to throw it
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh my, I might need to check out the weather for our area. I don't think we will get much, we haven't so far while others are getting one to two feet! Yeah living on the Southern Coast!

Mom was moved to a temporary situation until the one we want her in has negative covid tests. Please, please, please let it be this week. Where she is right now, I would not want to leave her. We had to visit her in a separate room from her own (her roommate was in the room) and that was not a comfortable place to be. She had been bathed and dressed and looked really nice, so that was good; but when we were done with our visit, we had to park her near the nurses' station (where several others were parked) until they could move her back to her room. She was very sleepy when we left her and was falling asleep during our visit. I told the nurse when we brought her to the nurses' station that she was very tired and needed to go back to her room, so hopefully they will take care of it quickly. They are going to be doing rehab for her.

Hope y'all are safe and warm for this coming weather!
  • connierandel
    Options
    According to one channel we could get 2-3 more inches of snow tonight and according to the Weather Channel and another local channel, there is a very slight chance of flurries. If I get up in the morning and there is more snow, I will know which is correct. We really were lucky! And our city in the Kansas City metro area was by far the lowest snowfall. The girls both live less than 10 miles from us and got 1.5 inches more snow. Our official was 2.5 inches. My BIL watched one channel and I checked the other. He decided to wait until tomorrow to get out the snowblower, though. I think that is smart and we sure weren't going anywhere, anyway.

Praying that your Mom gets moved quickly, and praying that she is treated with respect where she is currently.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Cindy - I just wanted to let you know that I made you a "leader" in the group. This will allow you to edit posts. I think that must be why I can edit and you can't. And, we appreciate you!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Thanks, Connie! Yes, that made a difference. I appreciate you too. It's cold here today - 17°. I think we got about 10" of snow yesterday and this morning.

Kim, I pray your mom gets good treatment where she is and that she's quickly moved to the facility you prefer.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Thank y'all for your prayers. Phew getting everything set up with her long term care insurance is turning into a hassle, but we will do whatever it takes to get her good care.

I watched the weather this morning and we will just get some rain, but not far from here it will be ice! The snow amounts expected are really high too! Just what this country needs to stop everything again! LOL!

• cmsienk
    Options
    I am getting a lot accomplished today. So far, I've gone to the township offices and paid our property taxes. Then I drove to the dealership and was able to get in for an unscheduled, but desperately needed, oil change. While they had my car, I walked to Walmart and Kohl's (about a mile away). I bought a printer cartridge and packing tape (Walmart) for my upcoming job and used my Kohl's cash to buy 2 long sleeve tee-shirts (at Kohl's across the parking lot). I walked back to the dealership, picked up my car and stopped back at home to check on the fire and eat a yogurt before heading out. I loaded a sled full of wood from the wood shelter, pulled it to the porch and unloaded it. I cleaned out the woodstove ash tray and added more wood to the fire. (It's 74 in the house now - hurray! The furnace is set to 68.)

So, I've gotten just almost 6,000 steps in and the exercise from stacking that load of firewood on the porch. Now that the yogurt and my 3rd cup of coffee are gone, I have to run to the post office and bank. Then come home and pack for my trip.

Whew! Full day.
  • connierandel
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Well Cindy - just reading about your day has made me tired!

Kim, we are continuing prayers for long term care. I know this is really hard on you and Wade. It will come together in his time.
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Options
    My day is winding down. Adding my continued prayers to Connie's for the care situation for your mom, Kim.

I think I'll read a chapter and call it a night.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Still not feeling well. I thought that I was coming out of it yesterday, but today I feel like I felt on day one. Boohoo!

Mom fell out of her wheelchair over the weekend, and then we got a call this morning that she fell trying to get out of her bed. The nurse had been in there to check on her and returned a few minutes later to find her on the floor trying to crawl back into the bed. She doesn't appear to be hurt in any way, but I did learn that they have her on IV fluids. Mom chocks a lot when she is drinking or eating liquids. They had a thickener that they used in the hospital and I found something that will thicken water on Amazon! So, if you know someone who has trouble drinking fluids without chocking, this really does help.

I think I am ready for summer to get here! I had several layers on the other day when it was 64 in the house - I like 69 and up! 70's are best! Think I need a tropical climate! heehee.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I am definitely ready for spring! Kim - compared to Kansas, you are in a tropical climate! This week has been beautiful, though. We couldn't order better weather. We are going to head to Moms on Monday. I haven't been there since Christmas and it looks like the weather is going to hold for a few more days. It isn't easy travelling with Bill, but once we get there, it will be good. We are just going to be there a couple of days.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Enjoy your visit with your mom, Connie. I'm in Orlando this week. Going to see my dad on Saturday and heading home Sunday morning.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Enjoy your time in Florida and with your Dad.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    How nice, visits with family! Hope you both enjoy that special time!

We tried to get Mom moved to the closer facility yesterday, but snafues happened, and we ended up bringing her back to the place that's 1.5 hours away. We don't think anything is going to happen today but are hopeful for tomorrow. Mom handled being in the car for several hours really well, she slept most of the time. It is so sad watching her just fade like she is. She's lost 25 lbs in about a month and a half because she's lost her appetite (unless we put something sweet in front of her :D then she's ready to scarf it down! God's timing is perfect and we are trusting in that!