Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    HI Everybody! Just a quick post because we leave for the dog shows in FL tomorrow. It will be a 2 day drive, 4 nights there, and 2 back, if the weather is cooperative. We are armed with several types of masks and lots of hand sanitizer!! The shows are outdoors, which is good!. My diet has been not going well. I don't know if it was nerves/excitement because of this trip or what but I am going to detox from sugar when we return and focus again on 17DD, C1. While gone, I will try to make good choices whenever possible. I will try to communicate while gone but always have difficulty when I only have my cell phone. Take care and I will be back in touch soon!
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 930 Member
    Options

Shari, Good idea to look for a book at a local greenhouse. They might be able to give you some ideas too. I, too, am finding the variant is hitting people I know. My neighbor with whom we are very close) now has Covid. His wife, who is a huge help to me in so many ways, took him to the hospital last night as he was having difficulty breathing and having a lot of coughing. He got an IV drip of antibiotics for 2 hours and then sent home with an antibiotic for 5 days. The cough has improved since he got the IV. He won’t eat and is sleeping a lot. He’s about 67 years old and was scheduled for a 2nd hip replacement this week. That is now being rescheduled. His 60-year-old wife is quarantining for 5 days. They are not vaccinated (by choice), and I am quite concerned about both of them. They have been very careful around me and John, knowing we are vaccinated and that we are extremely cautious. We haven’t been physically close to either of them since the onset of the pandemic.

MJ, Yes, IF is Intermittent Fasting. How exciting that your daughter’s wedding is so close! Will it be in Phoenix?

DW, Safe travels to you! Ah, Florida! What a desirable destination! Where in FL will you be? I used to enjoy visiting Florida many years ago. My parents wintered there prior to my mother’s death in 1990. When John was much younger I took him to Disney World two times. Wonderful memories. Great that you are well prepared and will be outdoors. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

I had a very productive day today. I jam packed my “to do” list and was actually quite energized (for me). I was well within my WW points and again had no visits from the “hunger monster.” I am so pleased with everything I accomplished today and am just hoping I can do the same (or close to it) tomorrow.
  • mjjdzhere
    mjjdzhere Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Paula, her wedding is planned in Jerome, Az but with covid, weather in a mt town, we will see what happens. That is sad about your neighbors. These are very hard times.

I prunned for several days but surprisingly physically felt fine the next morning. Yesterday got down boxes, packed away holidays. This morning I am physically too sore to do much of anything. Perhaps the pruning caught up days late. So am faced with what I ignore the most - needing stretching, physical strengthening, consistent exercise. I can focus on the weight, but my physical not so much. So I am going to try and start with thinking this thru, finding motivation and goals, planning and follow thru (that alone will take me time). Due to physical conditions (that require keeping up with certain strengthening exercises and end up with me in PT when I don't) it really needs to be serious enough for me to stay up with this. The food I recognize as health - the exercise needs to also go under that category.

Off to the grocery store for quick trip - chicken breasts on sale! Have my food plan till end of Jan and now onto making sure all the groceries are here.

Hoping a good day for everyone.

• shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    So fun to have a wedding in the family MJ! I hope it all works out. Covid seems to make sure that we hang on to plans very loosely.

I am still stuck at my current weight and hoping that a few more days of sticking to my plan will end up showing some kind of loss. Hard to keep motivated, but I will press on.

I decided that it is not a good idea to attend youth tonight, and perhaps the next few weeks.Too many youth and it's too difficult to maintain social distancing. I really want to go as I do love the service, but it's the prayer time following that would pose too big of a risk. I am not willing to take it.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    MJ, Good to listen to your body when it speaks to you, especially after working hard. Strengthening exercises sound important. I sure wish I was better at exercising. My mobility is quite limited (currently using a walker, except for using a cane for very short distances). I have a Cubii exerciser which I use but really slacked off lately. I need to get back to that.

Shari, Yes, hard to stay motivated at times. I think we all struggle in that area from time to time. Tough choices these days in terms of where we go and what we do. You know my approach.....caution, caution, caution!

I was really tired and not good for much today. I think I over did things on Monday and Tuesday, and it caught up with me. I did the bare minimum with chores and am ok with that. I stayed within my WW points but was off a bit with my IF timing today due to some phone calls that interrupted my schedule. Oddly enough too, I wasn't very hungry today at all. I attribute at least some of that to IF.
  • mjjdzhere
    Options
    Paula, our bodies really let us know when we overdo. Pain stops me and I have definitely not been doing much these last several days. Such a reminder to strengthen, or pay the consequences.

Shari, husband and I keep evaluating and the answer stays for us, least social interaction as possible. Daughter is ed nurse - has worked this entire pandemic and we see firsthand how overwhelmed the health workers are. Doing all we can to not add to their load and stay healthy, not spread to others.

I am definitely making plans, keeping to the plans for meals. Not sure what the thinking was entirely to have gotten off track this last time and gained the 12 lbs. It was sure quick - less than 2 months to put the weight on. Working currently to lose, but definitely plan on figuring out my thinking so I don't repeat it.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    MJ, It sure is amazing how quickly we can gain weight and yet, how much more time it takes to drop some pounds! Trying to figure out what to do to avoid future gains is a worthy task!

My neighbor who on Sunday night was treated as an outpatient for Covid has now been admitted to the hospital. He was severely dehydrated and his oxygen level was below normal. He will be in the hospital at least till tomorrow according to his wife. She still is ok without any Covid symptoms. His name is Blaine. Please say prayers for him. He and his wife are and have always been amazingly wonderful neighbors. I couldn't ask for better neighbors!

Today was a bit of a struggle for me. I was a little hungrier than usual but managed to fight off some food urges. I "cheated" a little but not enough to go over my WW points, so I guess technically that wasn't a cheat, just a poor choice. My energy level was much better today than yesterday so I tackled a few extra chores that worked out well. Now I am tired however, so the rest of the evening is for relaxing.

Stay well friends!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I am also amazed at how fast weight piles on and is so remarkably slow to come off. It seems like even one bad day can take weeks to recover from. I had a bad Wednesday this week, yesterday I did very well. Almost snacked at 8pm, but caught myself and decided that it was a craving and not hunger. That gave me success for IF.

Covid continues to find it's way to spread to so many people that I know. I did not go to youth and I am happy with my decision. Some would say I live out of fear. I don't see it that way. I am trying to be responsible.

• Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, Yay for you for passing on the snack...certainly not easy to do! I also feel that some would say I live in fear. For me that might be true, as fear is definitely a factor I think. But thinking of it as being responsible makes sense to me and is accurate as well.

Blaine remains in the hospital and now has pneumonia as part of the Covid. His wife hasn't been officially tested but says she "didn't get much but is fighting it." I am so concerned about both of them.

I struggled a bit today but overall am within my WW points and feel satisfied with my choices. I got a good bit of cleaning done today even though I started out pretty slowly. I feel fairly motivated and am working on keeping it that way.

Here's to a good weekend!

• mjjdzhere
    Options
    Dropped pounds this week and of course, feel good that I have kept the course. Intentionally taking the time to work on goal sheets, food planning, self monitoring. Evening tends to be the hardest but doing my best to talk myself thru it. Really trying to stay on the health end of all of this. I don't like my clothes being tighter, and knew if I didn't stop the eating, it would only get worse. So tho I don't have a lot of lbs to lose, I would if I didn't stop it then health would be a bigger issue. Googling healthy eating and reading thru the importance of protein, carbs, fats, and calcium (which includes magnesium, vit B12 and K) was a good reminder what each does for me and why it is important to get my calories from these foods. Health is so important for each of us and our health also affects our loved ones. Prayers for healthy eating for all!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    MJ, Congrats on dropping some pounds! Your efforts and determination are paying off. I remember way back when I first started the 17DD, one of the key tenets was that when we get proper nutrients we have less hunger because our bodies are satisfied. Makes such sense but I often need to be reminded of this.

I am well on track today and feeling good. An short afternoon nap helped a bit. I guess I needed it. Good news about Blaine. He is now home from the hospital but is on oxygen. He will need oxygen for at least 2 to 3 months! We are waiting for the winter storm to arrive, but it has been downgraded a bit so it is likely that the snow will change to a wintry mix, meaning much less snow accumulation but more ice. I have nowhere to go until Tuesday, so that's ok with me, but I tend to worry about the folks including first responder and medical workers who must venture out no matter what the weather is.

Stay safe all!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I am tempted to weigh in this morning, my expectation is that my weight has remained the same. I have not done enough to lose, but I shouldn't have gained either.

Good to hear that your neighbour is home, but it is concerning that he will need oxygen that long. So many people I know are telling me that Covid is like a mild cold. That is not true for everyone. I will remain cautious for the next couple of weeks.

We are getting a winter storm today as well. Freezing rain and the temperature is going to drop. That won't be good for those that have to be on the roads. I am thankful that I can still work from home.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    I am overdue for a weigh in. I was going to weigh in today but got sidetracked, and after having my coffee I didn't want to weigh in with the added "coffee weight." I feel good but also believe I haven't done enough to see a loss.

We had about 3 or 4 inches of snow but the additional mixed precipitation was quite nasty (sleet and freezing rain). When I looked out the window this morning I sighed because our driveway was quite icy and snowy....much happier after my snow removal service arrived and the driveway is now dry. Our temps are slightly below normal and will stay that way for a while it seems. I must go out 2 days this week and not looking forward to it but will manage.

I slipped up on my IF last night due to a visit from the hunger monster and my lack of determination. I am back on track with IF and WW today and have a strong resolve to do well again.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I weighed in, same as usual. I had an okay day yesterday, so perhaps I can string a few more good days together and see a loss.

We had a terrible storm yesterday. First it was nice out and melting, then it rained, then the wind picked followed by snow and stronger wind. Now we are back to very cold temps. So thankful to be able to work from home.

We are making progress with our second bathroom renovation. I have some painting to do, just not sure when yet. Perhaps on Saturday.
  • mjjdzhere
    Options
    Shari, I too am remaining cautious. Daughter is ed nurse and hearing firsthand news concerns me. It is getting harder and harder with the events we miss. Having now to try and decide how to attend daughter's wedding. It is outside but there is much planned inside.

Paula, I remember that weather from having lived back East. I don't miss it. Stay safe!

Staying on healthy eating, mostly chicken, but tomorrow am going to break my diet. Without even thinking, invited family over for a special "palachina" night (those are crepe suzettes hungarian style). I will just get back on it the next day. Dropping pounds help me stay motivated.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    HI Everybody! We got home yesterday afternoon. I'm back with renewed motivation and many extra pounds. I am almost back to where I started in January, 2021...very discouraging but also motivating. I'm not feeling well and had my first covid test this morning...fingers crossed that it is just my usual sinus infection....the symptoms appear to be much the same from what I've been reading.
    We had a nice time in FL. We were in the Brooksville area. My dog was winner's *kitten* one day for two points toward her championship, and runner up two days, and the first day she really didn't want to be there, so no placements. We had to postpone our return by a day due to the weather system that went across between FL and home. We had no snow at home but drove through areas of GA, TN, and KY that had received a variety of unpleasant precipitation. We saw enough to confirm that we made the correct decision to wait a day. We enjoyed the warm weather and visiting with people that we don't see often.
    It sounds as if everyone has been doing well working your own plan! I am back to 17DD and am looking forward to doing my exercise Zoom classes again! Have a great Wednesday!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, Like you I need to string together a good number of compliant days. That has been a struggle for me lately. I seem to follow 2 good days with one very bad horrible day! Ugh!

MJ, Your palachina night sounds delightful. Please tell us more about that. What kind of filling do you put in the crepes? I make a Russian version of crepes and call them blini. Shari, you might be familiar with this through your grandmother. I usually make a sweet filling of ricotta cheese and sugar and top with fruit/honey. John loves this. But of course they can also be filled with something more savory like mushrooms.

Welcome back DW! Glad you had a safe and successful trip. Hope you test negative for Covid. It really seems to be all over at the moment. I spent time today talking with a volunteer from a local shelter. I am a bit reluctant yet because of my mobility challenges and discussed this with the volunteer. A friend alerted me to a chihuahua mix on the shelter’s website. She is a cutie for sure, but I guess I am not yet ready. My friend even said she would drive John and me to the shelter to meet the dog.

Well, today was a great day for me in terms of compliance. As I said earlier, I need to have a good streak of these days to make a noticeable difference. More snow is expected here tomorrow, not a lot, just enough to make things nasty. I am already tired of winter, and I seldom go anywhere anyway. I did my ShopRite pick up today and am very well stocked with anything I could need. No excuses for straying from plan!! Plenty of fruits and veggies in this house!
  • mjjdzhere
    Options
    Paula, it feels so nice to have a great day! Yeah for you! Having the right foods at hand makes a big difference. I notice that I often break compliance when I find my weight has dropped on the scale. It is almost like permission later in the day to eat however. Helps me to keep an eye on this. Funny you mentioned palachina with mushroom filling as that is one filling I made. Hungarian style all fillings are very sweet - jams, sugary fruit, etc. Found out my guests were eating healthy and since I had mushrooms and chicken on hand I made a non traditional filling and it was a big hit.

DW2022, nice you were able to have a good trip. Hopefully your covid test is negative. I am also on 17dd and following it loosely to drop these extra pounds and go back on maintenance.

So starting the day with renewed commitment to less calories. Still working on motivation and plan for physical activities and exercise.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Hey Paula- We never had a version of crepes but they sound so good. I will have to put that on my to-make list.

Covid is spreading to so many. My son is quite sick and said not to get it. I will continue to be careful. I skipped out on youth last night, and although it's hard, I know it's the best decision for me.

I blew it yesterday by meeting my goals, so back to no days in a row. I will see how today turns out.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    MJ, Your palachina night sounds like a hit for sure! I know I would have enjoyed it....and healthy too. Super!

Shari, I hope your son bounces back soon. I heard on the news today that the county where I live still has a very high rate of Covid transmission. I cancelled my haircut that was scheduled for Monday. My hair dresser is so sweet and understanding! Another blessing in my life.

Today my IF was off schedule due to a Zoom meeting I had today. I didn't get to eat before the meeting and was quite hungry after the meeting so I ate. I am within my WW points however, so that is a plus. So by my standard for myself, I am back to no days in a row again too. I will give it my best shot again tomorrow.