Daily Chats and Encouragements

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Amen!

Hope y'all are doing well! I'm hurting on my right leg and hip and SI joint, but still getting around! My lower back hurts too. It will be September at the earliest before I can get an MRI to see what is going on in there. Thanks for your prayers.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,471 Member
    Options
    1quowbu2i8js.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Amen! Daily surrender and then leaving it on the altar!

Doing alright. The new med is messing with my "mood". My NP told me that it might make me feel "off", and it is. It confused me for a couple of days, wondering where these "feelings" were coming from, but I'm trusting the Lord and praying that it will end quickly. Otherwise, it is very nice not having headaches all the time. I had a very mild one last night, no migraine meds or even Tylenol needed! Praise the Lord.

Hope y'all are doing well and accomplishing what you have set out for yourselves! Have a great day.
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    That's a good report, Kim! Other than the mood thing...but as you said...you can trust the Lord with it all.

I had a rough night last night after 6 really good ones in 10 days. A lot of itching and twitching about....and great deal of pain when I got up...and am still weak and wobbly. I did manage, in God's strength...to get the trash out (2 weeks worth)....that was hard labor....and the dishwasher loaded and run again.

I have a Wal-Mart order coming at 2-3 PM...and will go down for a nap after that's put away. I kept the order light to save some energy...I wanted apples this week but what I ordered was unavailable...oh well. I have my lovely, high dollar kale on the list, salad goods, bananas...and popcorn shrimp for a "treat" meal...Hooya.
    I was wanting to make some chicken chili but ran out of steam...so cooked the ground chicken, salsa, refried beans and cheese for a couple of burritos on LC tortillas with hot sauce and sour cream added. I wonder if a soup can be made with the mixture? Kind of like chili but not exactly...I'll google it. I know I could use corn tortillas for quasi enchiladas....as I've done that before and it was good.

My cellulitis rash is almost totally healed. I am so thankful! I went ahead and ordered the next week of antibiotic to finish it off but will wait until tomorrow to go pick it up. I'm not up to a drive today.

Hope you all have a good day...find comfort, healing and sweet rest in our Savior....who is with us in every experience. Love and prayers~
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    I have cellulitis on both my legs -bottom of my legs always look infected/red though am not on meds - was once when it first started - just need to monitor it daily to make sure all is well - have it because of diabetes though am not on that med anymore. Now I am keeping the diabetes under control with meds but the damage the diabetes will stay with me forever I am told. First it was the cellulitis and now is kidney failure.

Am doing ok but would be nicer and better for me if I could get a lot of this weight off - as the doctor told me today when I had my daugther to see him - she has lost 40 from last summer till now - he recognized it today and is very happy with her progress - said I should go live with her worker who really keeps her on track with food and walking. So that has got me pumped up to making I lose the weight (like 40 pounds) by Christmas - want to show him that I can do it - and how much better I will feel and how my kidneys will love me for making this change

e2j0uqu1i8fe.jpg
  • bren5535
    Options
    That's an excellent goal and very doable, Marilyn. Kudos to your daughter in her success!

I've heard of others with the cellulitis issues like yours. This is my first experience with it. It was an area the size of my hand after exploding from a 1.5 inch start.
    I'm hoping I haven't blown things up with my 3 months of higher glucose numbers. My A1C was 6.8 for 8 months and I'd hate to go back over 8....and do further kidney damage. My last kidney panel was 46.

You have exercised such discipline in your routine. Very inspiring!
    I didn't get a nap today after all so am headed to bed. I hope to rest much better tonight. Blessings to all....night night....

PS: Once again, we have been given notice to stop feeding the cats. Mary got in trouble by the owners as our colony had grown to 14 so she is feeding them out back, behind our property. I gave her the tub of food I had as well. It will take them awhile to stop coming by and it does make me sad as they don't understand....hurts my heart, it does. She had to take down her provision for Sister and Homer too....We had a hoarder lady here who left all her cats behind when she moved out and that escalated the problem.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    vs1q7iq4femn.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Marilyn, woohoo on your daughter's loss - that's awesome! You can get that weight off because you have dedicated yourself to huge changes! Keep going.

Bren, sorry about the sleep issues popping up. So glad the cellulitis is going away!

Have a wonderful day, ladies, and hopefully a blessed time at Bible Study or Prayer Meeting tonight.
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    9Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. 10Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; 11Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; 12Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; 13Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality. 14Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. 15Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
    Romans 12
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Rom 12:9-21 is one of my memory passages and one of my favorites. I went through my Bible and found as many "What God Requires" passages as I could. It was a nice study. Thanks for sharing that, Marilyn!

Sunny and cold for us today. Sigh.

Question: do any of you use a plam brush to do your dishes? It has a knob and bristles. I like the sisal bristles and the wooden knob, but maybe something else works better. Wade isn't liking the sponges any more, too much bacteria collects in those. I've been boiling them, but you really should do it two or three times a week and that just isn't going to happen in our kitchen! LOL! Any suggestions?

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    7rwl9o0i0ife.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Good afternoon, my beautiful ladies! I hope that you are doing alright!

I'm wearing my compression glove on my right hand. The pain in my thumb pad was transferring pain to the palm of my hand, along my pinky, and onto the knuckles on the back of my hand. So weird. As soon as I put on my thumb brace that new pain stopped, so I can only assume that's where it was coming from. I'll wear the glove until the pain lessens! I did have enough of a headache today to need two Tylenol, but that took it away quickly! God is very good! It's amazing to me that He loves me and blesses me every single day!

Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    fq9a8doqgdp2.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    So true. It's also a comfort to know that God disciplines those who are His, to keep us on the narrow way!

Had a headache this morning, first one that was more than just a twinge. The migraine meds took it away quickly! Praise the Lord!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    omn2vo3e5g8t.jpg
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,697 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say "Hello!". All is about the same here. Bill is totally wheelchair bound and we have found a great medical group that only does housecalls. It has made doctor's visits so much easier. We are heading out of town on March 2nd or 3rd for most of the month of March. I would love to be able to get the project done sooner, but I need to clean out my Mom's house and get it ready to sell. There is so much "stuff". She keeps saying to just sell it like it is, but no one is going to buy it with everything still in it. And soooo many antiques that need to be sold. I really dread this, but it will be great to have it done!
  • bren5535
    Options
    Connie, hello dear Girl! So good to "see" you...
    I am so sorry to hear of the new stressors added with the home prep and sale coming up. Glad to hear of the house call situation for Bill. That's a blessing. You do have an overflowing plate and so many calls on your time, resources and energy. Praying for a speedy process and completion of the home sale, Prayers for protection, provision and peace for all of us here. Take/make time for yourself where you can.

I have my follow up with my PCP's nurse tomorrow for the cellulitis thing. I'm so thankful it responded well to the meds and my "attention" and glad I got help when I did tho as always, it was against my will. Just the efforts of driving and hiking about are a real strain these days. I pray for God's strength in all I need to do daily because my own is so sadly lacking.

Hoping you all have a blessed day at your spots. Rest in Jesus and be at peace....whatever circumstances arise. Love you all.
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, to bring to remembrance.) Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O LORD.

2Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt.

3Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame that say, Aha, aha.

4Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified.

5But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    37a31epnoa2b.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Hey, Connie! I keep you in my prayers. It took three of us to take care of Mom, you amaze me taking care of Bill mostly on your own! What a blessing to have home visits from the doctors!

Bren, I know it's hard for you to get out, but I think the effort paid off big time! I hope that you have a bit more energy too since you aren't fighting that infection. Have you ever checked into something like Connie has found, in your area? You have to cancel too many doctor's appointments because you just can't get out. I'm sure in an area as large as yours you should have something like that!

Doing alright. Had three headaches over the weekend. None severe although I did get nauseous with the one Sunday morning. One I took just Tylenol and it went away (Fri. night); Saturday morning I did the same and it went away pretty quickly. I took everything Sunday morning and again, it went away quickly and was able to go to Church headache-free.

I've been wearing a brace on my left hand all weekend too. I'm trying my compression glove today to see how that goes.

Oh, a big praise the Lord. A family that has been a part of our Church for decades has recently been living in Va, to be closer to an aging family. With that family's blessing, they are moving about an hour away from us and will be able to worship with us in person rather than just on Zoom. We are sooooo excited!

Well, it's lunch time. Love y'all very much.