TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 and any of your Garmin people - I'd love to check out any groups or challenges you do. I have a Fitbit AND the Garmin now, trying to figure out which I like better. Let me know where/how to find you!

I’m sending you a MFP PM rights now!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @annabananamc
    I have not started any individual Garmin challenges yet, so I don't have any feedback on that.

However, I am currently involved in the current challenges that Garmin offers:
    Weekly step challenge (Garmin automatically selects weekly step challenges for you based on your previous week step totals, so each week your goal may be different).
    July Step month (reach 300,000 steps in the month)
    July Hiking (complete 4 hours of hiking activities from July 1-31st)
    July Warrior (Complete five hours of yoga activities from July 1-31st)
    July Rundown (Complete 50 miles of running activities from July 1-31st) *I will most likely NOT be hitting this goal as I have not run this month.
    July Gains (Complete 5 hours of strength activities July 1-31st)
    2021 Walking - Stage 3 (Complete 91 miles of walking activities between July 1st and September 30th)

Each month, different challenges are introduced, and the goals for each month will be different. I believe the step goals are usually the same. Each challenge you complete will earn you a badge, so you can build up quite the collection! There are other challenges than the ones I listed, but those are the ones that I am currently involved in!

I am going to investigate "Connections" challenges, and see what kind of friend challenges I can create!

Also, Garmin offers free running training plans(5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon), and they may offer others. I was previously following the 10k training plan, and wish to get back into the program once this humidity goes away a little bit! We have had a few weeks straight of 85%+ humidity, and there seems to be no relief in sight... We've had a ton of rain, and it still hasn't helped!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    @DaffyGirl88 and any of your Garmin people - I'd love to check out any groups or challenges you do. I have a Fitbit AND the Garmin now, trying to figure out which I like better. Let me know where/how to find you!

I’m sending you a MFP PM rights now!

Thanks for sticking with me - I just replied!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @gamommy2 and @CycleMomOf3 - I am on Garmin Connect. I am not sure how to add Connections. I see badge challenges and groups available. My profile is AnnMcG and same photo I have here. https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/AnnMcG if that works. I will use Garmin for bike/run/swim

For the Fitbit crew, I am on there, too and now have a community profile as AnnMcJungle https://community.fitbit.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/14899887 if that works. I use fitbit for steps, hr, sleep.

Both I believe are connected to my MFP which is where I spend time the most/log everything.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,627 Member
    Options
    MargaretYakoda

Weigh in day Wednesday.
    I think I forgot last week. But I did weigh myself.

Monday June 28: 219.5
    Wednesday July 7: 218.5
    Lost 1
    Wednesday July 14: 217.3
    Lost 1.2 this week and 2.2 this month

I’m also closing all my Apple Fitness rings. Every day this month. Currently on a 20 day long streak.

vlfqmk62lcp8.png
  • Krysless2
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @gamommy2 and @CycleMomOf3 - I am on Garmin Connect. I am not sure how to add Connections. I see badge challenges and groups available. My profile is AnnMcG and same photo I have here. https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/AnnMcG if that works. I will use Garmin for bike/run/swim

For the Fitbit crew, I am on there, too and now have a community profile as AnnMcJungle https://community.fitbit.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/14899887 if that works. I use fitbit for steps, hr, sleep.

Both I believe are connected to my MFP which is where I spend time the most/log everything.

Hey Anna it doesn’t work :(
    When I search your username it doesn’t find you. I’m pretty sure I will need your email address.

7ru7br5grc3b.png
    ror67lvbiqml.png
  • Krysless2
    Options
    MargaretYakoda

Weigh in day Wednesday.

Lost 1

I’m also closing all my Apple Fitness rings. Every day this month. Currently on a 20 day long streak.

vlfqmk62lcp8.png
    Wow look at that downward slope! Great job!
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Username Gamommy2
    Tracked no
    Under no
    Exercise no
    Water 8 cups
    Steps 5914

Weight 158.6

• MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    MargaretYakoda

Weigh in day Wednesday.

Lost 1

vlfqmk62lcp8.png
    Wow look at that downward slope! Great job!

Ha ha thanks.
    One of my secrets: If I gain? I don’t log it until I go down again.
    That helps keep me sane(ish). 😇
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Wednesday July 14, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 85 oz
    Steps = 3,359
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    MargaretYakoda

Weigh in day Wednesday.

Lost 1

vlfqmk62lcp8.png

OK still getting the hang of this.

I haven’t reported on this page every day. If that takes me out of the running, I apologize.

I have logged everything I eat or drink, every day. I promise.
    I have stayed in my carb budget (100 to 150 daily) and well within my calorie budget.
    In fact, I tend to not eat enough calories. So that one can be a personal struggle.
    I am doing an hour on my NuStep daily, and tracking it with Apple Fitness.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,635 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 14 July

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 13,020
    Water: 100 oz
  • Krysless2
    edited July 2021
    Options
    OK still getting the hang of this.

I haven’t reported on this page every day. If that takes me out of the running, I apologize.

I have logged everything I eat or drink, every day. I promise.
    I have stayed in my carb budget (100 to 150 daily) and well within my calorie budget.
    In fact, I tend to not eat enough calories. So that one can be a personal struggle.
    I am doing an hour on my NuStep daily, and tracking it with Apple Fitness.

To stay “in” the challenge, you only have to weigh in every week. We have a couple of separate challenges that are optional. One is for meeting a step/water goal and the other is the MUAC. Both are explained on page 1 of this thread, but basically you can choose to be in both or one or the other..or neither. The MUAC is where you post that you completed three daily markers;
    -did you track?
    -did you stay under Calories?
    -did you exercise for at least 20 mins?
    The Water challenge is where you have to drink 64 oz water a day
    The Step Challenge is where you are trying to reach your own personal Step Goal for the week.
    I’m sure you can sign up for any of these challenges if you tag the coordinators like this: (@ then the person’s username) these are
    @cmhubbard92 (Team’s captain and Step/Water coordinator)
    @HASWLRS (coordinator of MUAC)
    @annabananamc (team’s co-captain)

• CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Wednesday, July 14 check-in:

Track: Yes
    Under: Yes, again just barely though (stress)
    Exercise: Yes, 65 minutes/14.29 miles on the stationary.
    Water: 80oz.

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 07/14
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 4293
    Water: 128

Just for today : 07/15, keto day 4, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 20hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚1, Daily calm, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hr, PT exercises

Yesterday : no goals haven’t posted in 4 days sorry have been in pain
  • Krysless2
    Options
    I enabled this weird MFP feature to account for estimated calories burned and now I can’t find it again! If I’m recalling the explanation correctly it’s basically fluctuating my calorie Goal based on where I SHOULD be as an “active” person. I believe MFP described it as a more accurate way to account for how your activity is effecting your caloric goals. They did suggest the feature to be enabled only if you regularly sync your activity tracker and then your MFP diary throughout your day. I’m finally getting the hang of the fluctuation and I gotta say .. I’m really liking it so far.. it’s keeping me on my toes!! Will know more as I continue on with it!

Wed, July 14th
    Week 2 - Day 4
    Net Calories: 1981
    MUAC:
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: No
    Exercise for 20mins: Yes
    Sunday - Saturday
    🌚🌟🌚🌚🔘🔘🔘(MUAC🌟YesDays)
    Steps: 8191 Steps
    Water: 70oz

Tues, July 13th
    Week 2 - Day 3
    Net Calories: 1851
    MUAC:
    Under Calories: No
    Steps: 9146 Steps
    Water: 90oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    🌚🌟🌚🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC🌟YesDays)
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Thursday July 15, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 85 oz
    Steps = 6,845
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Username Gamommy2
    Tracked no
    Under no
    Steps 5000
    Water 9 cups
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Overall not too bad a day. Cleaned the house, did some lounging around on my day off 😊 and of course got in an iFit session

Thurs, July 15th
    Week 2 - Day 5
    Net Calories: 1568
    MUAC:
    Under Calories: Yes
    Sunday - Saturday
    🌚🌟🌚🌚🌟🔘🔘(MUAC🌟YesDays)
    Steps: 9252 Steps
    Water: 108oz
  • rpkg62