TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,552 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I’m so sorry I haven’t been as active. I’ve been in such a bad slump. At one point I debated on leaving the challenge because I just felt like I was failing not only myself, but you guys too.
    But last night i decided I wasn’t going to do that because that would give me another reason to not get back into the swing of things. I decided last night that I really need to do this for myself because nothing is going to change if I don’t try.
    I know I didn’t weigh in last week, but I’m definitely weighing in tomorrow!! I’m also gonna start posting everyday for accountability.

@rawrxamberx Definitely DO NOT leave this group!! You are in no way letting us down. Remember that we're here for you if you need a pick me up. Sometimes I just come here to chat. :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Mon, July 19th
    Week 3 - Day 2
    Net Calories: 2222
    Steps: 5905 Steps
    Water: 81oz
    MUAC:
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: No
    Exercise for 20mins: Yes
    I half-assed it but it’s still considered 20 minutes of exercise. Even though I feel just wrong calling it that.
    Sunday - Saturday
    🔴🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC🟢YesDays)
    Even though the “enable Calorie adjustment” is pushing my net Calories to 2222 when I only ate 1800, I’m still staying under 50g net carbs and after weighing in this morning and seeing the scale go down (just a smidge of a decimal) it seems like I’m just in maintenance right now but I should definitely cool it with the late night snacking, it’s just a bad habit I need to figure out how to break!

@Krysless2 I believe I may look into that next week. A few weeks back I changed my settings from being active (which gave me few exercise calories) to being only slightly active and adding the exercise calories back in. Can't say I've noticed any big change. I won't do it now as we're travelling this weekend and I'm sure 18 hours in the car with no activity would push my calorie allowance WAAAY down. :( And since we tend to eat like crap when we're driving it would be a double whammy! Friday won't be too bad as I pack healthy snacks and lunches for our trip up. But coming back home on Monday we're stuck with grabbing fast food or rest stop food. :o I do the best I can but sometimes that Sbarro buffet line just calls your name. :D
  • rpkg62
    rpkg62 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey so I'm pretty flustered. I couldn't figure out where to do the weigh in the first week. I asked here, and learned that its in this thread. I posted my weigh in for week 2, the spreadsheet never updated, and now I'm not even on it! So yeah. I am now grumpy, I've been doing awesome, and wanted to participate.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @rpkg62 I'm going to look into it
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey Team Terrific! I am still here and doing the best I can during the work week. It's a challenge for sure compared to when I worked where I could set my own schedule.

My work also gives some health benefits, so last year I signed up for WW with them at half price. Then they told us that they had to report the other half of the membership as INCOME on our W2 and we'd have to pay income tax on it....sheesh....so here I am back on FREE MFP and it's honestly even better and I have you guys, too.

SO glad I got my morning walk in yesterday because the rest of the day went to crap. Work was stressful and I was underlying MAD AT THE WORLD about the proliferation of the Delta variant, which at least here in Florida didn't have to be. Our state now has 1 in 5 new cases, and another friend in Bali lamented about how many friends of hers who are SO SO SICK. Anyway, it made me in a sour mood all day.

Today I'm trying to refocus on the positive and I've got to find some workout time. I may try out the Y for the first time. Tomorrow morning I have an appointment there to be shown all the machines, etc. by a trainer.

YOU GUYS are so wonderful and I appreciate hearing from each of you and reading the good, and the bad, and knowing that we are here together!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 07/19
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 7187
    Water: 128

Just for today : 07/20, keto day 5, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 18hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚1, Daily calm, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hr, PT exercises, BBD9

Yesterday: 07/19, keto day 4👍🏻, 6000steps🚶‍♀️👍🏻, 18hr IF 👍🏻, read bible plan 👍🏻, read chapters 📚1, Daily calm👍🏻, walk 30 min👍🏻, sleep 8 hr👍🏻, PT exercises👍🏻, BBD8👍🏻
  • annabananamc
    Options
    @rpkg62 I'm going to look into it

Thanks for looking into it. I do remember seeing her on the spreadsheet at one point. Sounds like maybe aggressive housekeeping - but this group of amazing volunteers here and on the bigger team can usually fix anything!!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    I know if two weeks are missed, Ashley removes those members from the spreadsheet. I had checked numbers over the weekend and had thought they were all updated, so it was my mistake for not entering the weigh in. I definitely agree with you @annabananamc , the volunteers are awesome!

@rpkg62 I have informed Ashley of my mistake, and I requested that she add you back into the spreadsheet :) I'm sure she will do it when she has a chance :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    One more comment/question on the varying calorie allowance. I have synced my Fitbit half a dozen times today and am currently at 11k steps. My diary is only showing 1500 steps and therefore isn't giving me any exercise calories. With that big of a time lag how do know what you can eat? 🤷‍♀️🤨

I will probably do the free trial next time it's offered, just trying to get some insight into how it works first. Thanks for the info.😊
  • rpkg62
    rpkg62 Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I know if two weeks are missed, Ashley removes those members from the spreadsheet. I had checked numbers over the weekend and had thought they were all updated, so it was my mistake for not entering the weigh in. I definitely agree with you @annabananamc , the volunteers are awesome!

@rpkg62 I have informed Ashley of my mistake, and I requested that she add you back into the spreadsheet :) I'm sure she will do it when she has a chance :)

Thank you! Sorry if my last message came off aggressive. My last weight loss group got disbanded so I was just looking forward to this one, and was getting a bit grumpy. I'm not actively mad at any volunteers or any one in particular. I know things happen <3
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    One more comment/question on the varying calorie allowance. I have synced my Fitbit half a dozen times today and am currently at 11k steps. My diary is only showing 1500 steps and therefore isn't giving me any exercise calories. With that big of a time lag how do know what you can eat? 🤷‍♀️🤨

I will probably do the free trial next time it's offered, just trying to get some insight into how it works first. Thanks for the info.😊

Nevermind... been reading the Fitbit forums and see it's an ongoing problem. 😔
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @rpkg62 I didn't read your post as being aggressive. I totally understand you wanting to share your success with the world. Go ahead and share with us! I love to live vicariously through other people's victories!! 😁
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Tuesday July 20, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 82 oz
    Steps = 7,902
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Nothing new or exciting going on.. just preparing for my annual family vacation. This year we’re going to Destin, FL! I’ll be gone from Saturday to Saturday and I’m thinking about bringing a scale. How weird would that be? I feel like that may be the only thing that keeps me from overeating all day and night.

Tues, July 20th
    Week 3 - Day 3
    Net Calories: 1586
    Steps: 6854 Steps
    Water: 98oz

MUAC:
    Sunday - Saturday
    🔴🔴🟢🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC🟢YesDays)
    • Tracked: Yes
    • Under Calories: Yes
    • Exercise for 20mins: Yes
    I worked out for a little over an hour today but I also kept busy before my work shift started at 11am
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tuesday 21 July

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 13,949
    Water: 80 oz
  • annabananamc
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 - I just realized that I'll be out of town next week for weigh-in, in the middle of Utah without wifi or cell phone. Should I just weigh in a few days early for the final (Tuesday instead of Friday) or roll over from this coming Friday, or ?

Yesterday was ALMOST a bust but I pulled out walk near the end of the day and turned down a bun on my hamburger so ended up with a win. Sometimes it's the small things...
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Tuesday, July 20 check-in:

Tracked: Yes and under
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes swimming with kids.

ToM and I wanted to go to the gym this morning before everyone woke up, but I'm frustrated with inevitable water retention and not being able to get outside to exercise. So i self-sabotaged and stayed in bed. Now punishing myself, of course. Regretting my decision but no going back now. Just feeling meh and angry with myself. Will look for a new and interesting trail to take the kids hiking instead, after kindergarten camp, if they'll go.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options

Yesterday was ALMOST a bust but I pulled out walk near the end of the day and turned down a bun on my hamburger so ended up with a win. Sometimes it's the small things...

@annabananamc It's almost ALWAYS the small things. They add up!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Username: rawrxamberx
    Week: July Week #3
    Day: Wednesday
    PW: 318.6
    CW: 321.4

Now I’m really motivated to get back up!
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited July 2021
    Options
    So yesterday I did a bunch of Romanian deadlifts. Boy does my butt hurt today! 😳 TMI I know but WOW!! Obviously have been neglecting these muscles. 😂
This discussion has been closed.