Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Challenge -- Reward Points!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10838785/july-week-4-challenge-reward-points/p1?new=1

Hop over and see how many points you can rack up this week!!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @amymartin555
    That’s an awesome list of steps! Did you go for a hike on the day you got 37k steps? Just wow!

@lmf1012
    Forgive as I can’t remember if it’s your knee or back but how is it coming along? Great stepping!

@Poobah1972
    Nice loss! I think that woosh is heading your way. Relaxed and doing cardio sounds like the way to go. Awesome burn today.

Catch up on rest of post later!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the team for winning the week again and to the individuals who led us.

My daughter went to one of the meal prep sites and was able to print their recipes for free. We resize them for us to save on leftovers.

Check in for 7/18:
    Steps - 4908.
    Calories - 1530 I went to red robin for the first time. Ordered a burger under 1k calories and stopped at half, including sweet potato fries. 0 cal ice tea. Had a good dinner and stove top popcorn.
    Exercise. None. Gym or walk after french toast.

Went to an indoor mall that I haven't been to since 2008. A lot of food places but I stuck to one meal. I could get cupcakes from a vending machine. Wow. We went into a candy store named "It's Sugar" and I asked the clerk if they had any sugar free candy. She said no, politely but I'm sure she wanted to say something else. Lol.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    7/18
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 88oz
    Steps 3624

Took yesterday as a rest day which was really needed after the exhausting weekend. Besides taking the kids to their swim lesson, we stayed home and relaxed. Even had a glass of wine after the kids were in bed haha. Don't worry, I logged it =]
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 223.4
    CW: 224.6

---
    Hi all, here for Monday check in.

I pretty much checked in yesterday so don't have too much to say. I'm aiming to get my food under control this week because bouncing around in the same numbers isn't fun or motivating. I do get curious so I weigh once or couple times in the week, for example, this week my lowest was 221.2 for whatever reason. So, I think I'm going to see if I can not weigh in on my scales until each Monday so seeing fluctuations can't effect me as much.

Eating some more overnight oats for breakfast currently. It's going to be an interesting experiment in seeing how my weight loss works going forward without  meal prep service. It's nice to have a bit of freedom to choose what to eat rather than forced to eat set meals in a way. The structure did have it's benefits though.

Set to be a hot weather week and with that, have a great week everyone!

Weight fluctuations are very perplexing. I do weigh everyday and use Happy Scale to track it. I like it as I can see how my weight is trending. I am a very visual so the graphs help me. Good luck on your transition from the meal service.

Steps:
    7/15- 23,087
    7/16- 11,606
    7/17- 19,735
    7/18- 15,235

Happy Monday!!

Great looking steps!
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 7/17 18,674
    7/18 17,030

Sick of this weather pattern we have been in and changing every few mins. Finally got my workout out in and some cleaning I had been procrastinating on.

Awesome steps!
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Username: MSWARRIOR7088
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    PW: 195.8
    CW: 195.6

Sorry I've been slacking lately...I haven't been making great choices or drinking my 96 oz of water, however I've been getting my 5,000 steps. My husband and I have been cleaning the garage (hoarders come to mind 🙄)...I thought I was bad with my craft items but this man won't anything leave...I mean how many bolts and screws does 1 man need....lol
    I will try to do better, I'm thinking about doing a 3 day fast, which I done in the past.
    We were on a great path when we had guests for 7 weeks. They are gone now but our good habits haven't gotten back on track!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Congrats to the team for winning the week again and to the individuals who led us.

My daughter went to one of the meal prep sites and was able to print their recipes for free. We resize them for us to save on leftovers.

Check in for 7/18:
    Steps - 4908.
    Calories - 1530 I went to red robin for the first time. Ordered a burger under 1k calories and stopped at half, including sweet potato fries. 0 cal ice tea. Had a good dinner and stove top popcorn.
    Exercise. None. Gym or walk after french toast.

Went to an indoor mall that I haven't been to since 2008. A lot of food places but I stuck to one meal. I could get cupcakes from a vending machine. Wow. We went into a candy store named "It's Sugar" and I asked the clerk if they had any sugar free candy. She said no, politely but I'm sure she wanted to say something else. Lol.

Your willpower when it comes to food is amazing! I am craving French toast. I was just talking to my daughter and they are having it for breakfast. Now you mention it. It’s a sign! I think I will have it for lunch.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    7/18
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 88oz
    Steps 3624

Took yesterday as a rest day which was really needed after the exhausting weekend. Besides taking the kids to their swim lesson, we stayed home and relaxed. Even had a glass of wine after the kids were in bed haha. Don't worry, I logged it =]

Sounds like a great day after a busy weekend. Great job logging and staying under calories.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congratulations Downsizers! Also, to @Beautyofdreams and @amymartin555 for being top weight losers for the week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Check in for Sunday
    ✅Steps 10,242
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ❌ 7/8 reminders to move

Yay! Green for sleep finally with getting up at a decent hour. As for the 10k steps, all I can say is I am my own worst enemy. I am very thankful for my tens machine and heating pad.

Went for a short walk this morning. Going to aim to meet all my reminders to move. I was hoping to use the bike this morning but the exercise room is not open. Hopefully it will open this week. Not sure if I mentioned it but the pool will not be opening for 3 to 4 weeks.

To my fellow Fitbit users: Does anyone have Fitbit premium? I signed up for the 3 month free trial and they charged my credit card for a year membership. I was wondering if it is worth keeping otherwise I will get my money back.

Have an awesome start to the week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Sorry I've been slacking lately...I haven't been making great choices or drinking my 96 oz of water, however I've been getting my 5,000 steps. My husband and I have been cleaning the garage (hoarders come to mind 🙄)...I thought I was bad with my craft items but this man won't anything leave...I mean how many bolts and screws does 1 man need....lol
    I will try to do better, I'm thinking about doing a 3 day fast, which I done in the past.
    We were on a great path when we had guests for 7 weeks. They are gone now but our good habits haven't gotten back on track!!

You did have a loss so that is positive. Also, you are doing great on your steps. Sometimes when I get off track, I pick one thing to concentrate on each week. You have the steps so add the water or your choices this week. It’s great that your husband is on this journey with you. My husband is the same way when it comes to getting rid of things.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    To my fellow Fitbit users: Does anyone have Fitbit premium? I signed up for the 3 month free trial and they charged my credit card for a year membership. I was wondering if it is worth keeping otherwise I will get my money back.

3/4 check marks isn't bad. :)

I have premium, but turns out it isn't worth it for me. I got premium to begin with cause it can track net carbs. But it only does that on the phone... Not so on the PC where i spend most of my time. Plus I can deduct fiber from carbs in my own mind. So again, no loss there.

Other then that, it's not really offering anything of value. So I've already cancelled. Granted I'm still premium till next year at this point.

• Poobah1972
    Options

A loss is a loss. :smiley:

And one can NEVER have enough Bolts and Nuts. ;)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Congrats @lindamtuck2018 and @amymartin555 for being in the top weight losers for the Downsizers.

@MSWarrior7088 my uncle is a semi retired finish carpenter and not only does he have a garage full of stuff, but his truck and a basement because he never knows what he is going to need. He says that things are less standardized now than they were in the past.

Congratulations @Poohbah1972 on reaching a new decade. That whoosh will come soon. Really enjoy reading about you and Lynn's successes. What is SPO2?

@Beverly2Hansen sending your father healing wishes.

Was watching a Youtube video about maintaining fat loss and they mentioned some of the traits of successful long term losers. One of the things that they mentioned was meal planning. I don't do this currently but eat many of the same things over and over due to food sensitivities. Could someone point me to beginner meal planning websites or ideas?

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Congrats to @Beautyofdreams , @lindamtuck2018 and @amymartin555 for being our top 3 weight loss losers this week :)
  • Poobah1972
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Congratulations @Poohbah1972 on reaching a new decade. That whoosh will come soon. Really enjoy reading about you and Lynn's successes. What is SPO2?

Ah I enjoy writing I guess. Thank you for liking what I'm putting down. :smile:

SPO2 "SpO2, also known as oxygen saturation, is a measure of the amount of oxygen-carrying hemoglobin in the blood relative to the amount of hemoglobin not carrying oxygen. The body needs there to be a certain level of oxygen in the blood or it will not function as efficiently. In fact, very low levels of SpO2 can result in very serious symptoms. This condition is known as hypoxemia. There is a visible effect on the skin, known as cyanosis due to the blue (cyan) tint it takes on. Hypoxemia (low levels of oxygen in the blood) can turn into hypoxia (low levels of oxygen in the tissue). This progression and the difference between the two conditions is important to understand."

Also, it's something some versions of the FITBIT can measure. It does this overnight as you sleep and gives you a reading for the entire night previous.

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry, so delayed.

Steps:
    7/11 14045
    7/12 10348
    7/13 12331
    7/14 7066
    7/15 8478
    7/16 8675
    7/17 7006
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you @iradi8 you are in a physical and emotional stressful time. Sending your mom
    and you healing prayers.
This discussion has been closed.