Shrinking Assets-July Chat 2021

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    I usually walk circles in the basement but it flooded. Plumber is coming tomorrow. I could do another pass with the shop vac.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    dcjfqy7yquqt.png

Let's share our favourite healthy recipes - new ways to enjoy food and feel great. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10837191/f2f-recipe-central#latest
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Steve25k wrote: »
    I'm trying to shift my mindset so that I'm heading towards better health, rather than running away from being obese.

So I've been thinking about what the new, slimmer me would do, what things I'm looking forward to.
    - Eating healthily, not binging "bad food" but not depriving myself. Not being embarassed by food.
    - Being more active, cycling, kayaking, maybe jogging again. Having more energy to complete projects like repairing the car.
    - Not cringing when the TV or radio mentions obesity, health, diabetes, blood pressure. I can feel people looking at me.
    - Laughing with my family and friends, being confident around people.

I'm going to start acting like this now - I may not be my target weight now, but I can start to live my target life immediately.

(I'm not really sure why I'm posting this, I guess writing it down helps me to process it)

Your thought process is the same as mine. I started living like I wanted, eating better, exercising, and the confidence around people came as the weight came off. You got this!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    4fzszsr4cij7.png

Good morning team!

We are looking for a volunteer to be a motivator for the team.
    Looking forward to having someone that will be active in the message boards, start conversations, etc.
    Our team has grown and we need to keep up the excitement for making healthy progress!!

If you have any interest in this, let myself or Beka3695 know.

Have a great Wednesday!!
  • dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    Steve25k wrote: »
    I'm trying to shift my mindset so that I'm heading towards better health, rather than running away from being obese.

So I've been thinking about what the new, slimmer me would do, what things I'm looking forward to.
    - Eating healthily, not binging "bad food" but not depriving myself. Not being embarassed by food.
    - Being more active, cycling, kayaking, maybe jogging again. Having more energy to complete projects like repairing the car.
    - Not cringing when the TV or radio mentions obesity, health, diabetes, blood pressure. I can feel people looking at me.
    - Laughing with my family and friends, being confident around people.

I'm going to start acting like this now - I may not be my target weight now, but I can start to live my target life immediately.

(I'm not really sure why I'm posting this, I guess writing it down helps me to process it)

Yes! I'm with you! My ortho doc assumed I'm diabetic cuz I'm fat - ain't so. There is a ME inside that wants to be set free - not held captive by my weight. You CAN do this. Git 'er done!
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Tomorrow is my birthday and the goal date I set for myself to hit a healthy BMI. I am 1.9 pounds away. If I don't hit it, I am not going to be upset. I have lost 63 pounds!! I am so happy about that.

Yes girl! Our bodies dictate the "when" of weight loss. You are KILLING it. Keep going! You WILL get to that number.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 237
    CW; 237, carrying over from last week cuz when I remember to weigh in I had already eaten breakfast lol. I have a hunch it's around there anyways.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Thank you for the birthday wishes @PatriceFitnessPal !
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Good Morning Everyone.

Saw a nice dip in the number on the scale today...hope it holds fast on that number for my weigh in this week.

We are headed to Tennessee this week for vacation...visiting my husband's family. 12 hours in the car means I won't hit my normal step goal...however, I plan to walk for a few minutes at each of our stops. And once we get to my in-laws, they have a great neighborhood for walking...as long as I can withstand the TN humidity...lol

I hope everyone has a great and successful day!

Angela
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Hope you have fun @Beka3695! Can't wait to see this year's pictures!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    @angelic843 you have made some fantastic progress already! I hope you have a very enjoyable vacation!
This discussion has been closed.