Shrinking Assets-July Chat 2021

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Intro time: I’m Hipari, I’m 29 and I live in Finland with my husband. I’m currently sharing my body with our first child, who we’re expecting in late October. I can’t believe I’m already in my 6th month of pregnancy!

I’m not currently trying to lose weight due to pregnancy, but will happily rejoin the weight loss team once I’m cleared by my doctors postpartum (best guess: December or January).

I’ve had some injuries that have really limited my mobility and growing this bump has taken its toll as well, and I have a growing motivation to lose weight and get fit so I’ll never feel this bad again. I lost what little cardio endurance I had during first trimester nausea and weight gain, my mobility has become limited and everything is a struggle. I’ll be home with the baby until August/September next year, so I’m hoping I can spend that time focusing on not just the baby, but also myself and becoming healthier and fitter. Until then, I’m just going to try staying as active as I can, work through my injuries and stay healthy throughout this pregnancy.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    chublet25 wrote: »
    hipari wrote: »
    Hiya everyone, and sorry for going missing for some time! It’s been a wild couple of weeks (how many have I been gone?). Three weeks ago my mom sold her apartment and today was her move-out day, so it’s been pretty hectic trying to help her pack. Two weeks ago I pulled my back pretty badly, and couldn’t really walk or stand for about a week. My shoulder has been acting up again and the only possible treatment right now is complete rest, so I’m really happy it’s at least my left arm this time. In the mdidle of all this I wrapped up work for a few weeks and I’m now on summer vacation, I’ve been ”on vacation” aka helping with mom’s move for a week, and I have three more weeks to go. The last couple of weeks before vacay were pretty hectic at work, trying to get everything done and working around my injuries. Somewhere in the middle of all this I even lost my MFP login credentials, but was able to recover…

It seems you all are making great progress and hitting some major goals! Congrats to especially @Nature003Life for a new pant size, @Beka3695 for doing the Peachtree, @cre804 for that hard-earned weight loss and @chublet25 for becoming overweight! Everyone else seems to be doing a great job too, these are just some that stuck out while reading through the posts.

haha, where else would somebody congratulating someone on becoming overweight be a compliment??? Thanks! Hope your shoulder feels better soon and glad you're back!

Thanks! I’m actually a little jealous, hitting that overweight milestone is a big goal for me!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,020 Member
    @hipari sorry about your injuries, feel better soon!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    I have so many nice clothes that I can no longer fit due to weight gain. Some still have the price tag. (Not going to blame COVID because to me that's an excuse and excuses are what I am working on getting rid of.) I need pants for work. My husband and I went to Wally World. Mind you I hate shopping for clothes. Well, I am proud to say yours truly is no longer a size 22 pants!!! We purchased a size 20 and they fit perfectly. No squeezing no jumping just slid right on. It was very exciting and encouraging. Still have a long way to go but it will be worth it. :)

Were you looking in my closet because trust me you are not alone.
    I was just thinking yesterday of the lovely dresses that I bought from Ross in (can't even remember the year), that is still in bags hoping to fit me
    I am determined this time - made a promise to myself the other day that If I have no choice but to take my medication daily (Synthroid), then there is no excuse not to exercise daily even it's just 30 minutes some days
    So far I have been doing well and plan to continue on my way towards reaching 170
    Good luck with what you are doing
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Not sure if anyone is interested, but I bought this bag of cauliflower rice from Costco - it was not my normal bag, so I was really skeptical about it. Left it in the freezer for at least 2 months or more. Last week I decided that I need to cut my carbs and tried the CR, well let me tell you that it's the best one to date that I have eaten

It's very firm even when cooked - not sure how much the bag cost - but there are 4 packets (453 grams) in the large bag (frozen)

Tropicaland Premium Selection - Organic Rice Cauliflower - 5 individual 16oz steamable bags

I sauteed some carrots (cut up finely) in my homemade seasoning of (spring onions, onions, garlic, olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning in a food processor), then stored in jars in the fridge for ease of use

Then I add the chopped up zucchini and the CR, cover and let cooked

Today I decided to add tuna in olive oil and it was tasty and filling

It may not be to everyone's taste, but it's easy and quick and it does not loose the crunchiness the next day
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Hiya everyone, and sorry for going missing for some time! It’s been a wild couple of weeks (how many have I been gone?). Three weeks ago my mom sold her apartment and today was her move-out day, so it’s been pretty hectic trying to help her pack. Two weeks ago I pulled my back pretty badly, and couldn’t really walk or stand for about a week. My shoulder has been acting up again and the only possible treatment right now is complete rest, so I’m really happy it’s at least my left arm this time. In the mdidle of all this I wrapped up work for a few weeks and I’m now on summer vacation, I’ve been ”on vacation” aka helping with mom’s move for a week, and I have three more weeks to go. The last couple of weeks before vacay were pretty hectic at work, trying to get everything done and working around my injuries. Somewhere in the middle of all this I even lost my MFP login credentials, but was able to recover…

It seems you all are making great progress and hitting some major goals! Congrats to especially @Nature003Life for a new pant size, @Beka3695 for doing the Peachtree, @cre804 for that hard-earned weight loss and @chublet25 for becoming overweight! Everyone else seems to be doing a great job too, these are just some that stuck out while reading through the posts.

haha, where else would somebody congratulating someone on becoming overweight be a compliment??? Thanks! Hope your shoulder feels better soon and glad you're back!

Thanks! I’m actually a little jealous, hitting that overweight milestone is a big goal for me!

I hear ya! I was counting down the pounds!
  • chublet25
    socajam wrote: »
    I have so many nice clothes that I can no longer fit due to weight gain. Some still have the price tag. (Not going to blame COVID because to me that's an excuse and excuses are what I am working on getting rid of.) I need pants for work. My husband and I went to Wally World. Mind you I hate shopping for clothes. Well, I am proud to say yours truly is no longer a size 22 pants!!! We purchased a size 20 and they fit perfectly. No squeezing no jumping just slid right on. It was very exciting and encouraging. Still have a long way to go but it will be worth it. :)

Were you looking in my closet because trust me you are not alone.
    I was just thinking yesterday of the lovely dresses that I bought from Ross in (can't even remember the year), that is still in bags hoping to fit me
    I am determined this time - made a promise to myself the other day that If I have no choice but to take my medication daily (Synthroid), then there is no excuse not to exercise daily even it's just 30 minutes some days
    So far I have been doing well and plan to continue on my way towards reaching 170
    Good luck with what you are doing

I can relate! We are having in-person classes starting the first of September here, and I'm trying to get together a wardrobe out of my closet so I won't look like a hag up there (I teach). But most of my nice things are still too tight, yet I don't want to buy stuff I'm just going to grow out of (shrink out of?) either! I have a whole bunch of clothes I bought in the distant past apparently to inspire me to lose weight (I guess that officially didn't work; I found a couple of blouses at the back of the closet that I don't even remember buying and I'm pretty sure nobody broke into my house and left them there.)

Congratulations on dropping sizes, ladies! That's awesome!!!!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member

Love this!! So excited for you!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Not sure if anyone is interested, but I bought this bag of cauliflower rice from Costco - it was not my normal bag, so I was really skeptical about it. Left it in the freezer for at least 2 months or more. Last week I decided that I need to cut my carbs and tried the CR, well let me tell you that it's the best one to date that I have eaten

It's very firm even when cooked - not sure how much the bag cost - but there are 4 packets (453 grams) in the large bag (frozen)

Tropicaland Premium Selection - Organic Rice Cauliflower - 5 individual 16oz steamable bags

I sauteed some carrots (cut up finely) in my homemade seasoning of (spring onions, onions, garlic, olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning in a food processor), then stored in jars in the fridge for ease of use

It may not be to everyone's taste, but it's easy and quick and it does not loose the crunchiness the next day

Thanks for the idea! Sounds tasty!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @chublet25 - Wow - 🤩
  • chublet25
    @chublet25 - Wow - 🤩

Thank you! If we could only lose 3 pounds every week. It sure is easy to gain 3 pounds in a week.
  • chublet25

That's brilliant! I bought some today. Thanks for the tip!

On chocolate covered Katie's website, there's a recipe for "macaroni" and cheese using riced cauliflower, and I'm going to try it tonight. https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/cheesy-cauliflower-rice/

Hopefully it's as good as she claims! I really can't ever go back to eating wheat-based pasta.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Just got back from a long July 4th weekend. Tried to watch what I ate but with eating out for several days, still put on 1.6 lbs. A little disappointing. I have not quite mastered how to stay on plan AND enjoy a weekend away. The rest of this week is all about tracking and water intake.
  • chublet25
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I am sooo behind… but here are some of the hi-lights from the Peachtree Road Race
    jl9hqd9cz55j.jpeg
    bo4ilnbmqlf4.jpeg
    g7drir3kv0ms.jpeg
    gjwiel3flqk4.jpeg

AWESOME! You look great! That's such a fantastic achievement! Well done!
  • chublet25

That's brilliant! I bought some today. Thanks for the tip!

On chocolate covered Katie's website, there's a recipe for "macaroni" and cheese using riced cauliflower, and I'm going to try it tonight. https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/cheesy-cauliflower-rice/

Hopefully it's as good as she claims! I really can't ever go back to eating wheat-based pasta.

It was awesome! I had it for supper! You guys probably don't eat nutritional yeast (I'm addicted), but I added 2tbsp of Bob's Red mill nutritional yeast and lots of freshly ground black pepper to this, and hoovered it right up. Really tasty.
  • chublet25
    dew11252 wrote: »
    Dew11252
    July week 2
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    July SW: 283.6
    PW: 283.6
    CW: 281.4
    Lost: 2.2
    LTD: 38.6

Nice loss! (why does somebody disagree with this?)
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,258 Member
    Wednesday weigh in:
    Please use my weight from last week; I have no scale while I'm on vacation this week
This discussion has been closed.