Shrinking Assets-July Chat 2021

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    Anniesquats100
    Friday
    Pw 165.9
    Cw 167.6

Hmm. Not going well. I've been nervous about my sick aunt and my dog's sores. I did snack pretty badly yesterday too. I have to break the link between feeling nervous and eating.
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    PW 189.5
    CW 190.5

Welp, Fourth of July caught up with me. I planned on some treats, but I went totally overboard. I’ve had a few other slips this week so I’ve got to get back on track. Sorry y’all.

NSV for the week: I’ve had some more people comment on my weight loss. I think it’s becoming more noticeable, not because I’ve lost so much weight since I last saw them, but because I’ve bought some new clothes in a smaller size. I can feel some of the changes, even if I don’t really see them, and I need to focus on how good that feels and how I want more of that.

I’ve got a stressful few weeks ahead so I need to focus on those days that I’m able. Have a good week, y’all!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    edited July 2021
    peachplace wrote: »
    Weigh in day Monday
    PW 240
    CW 238.3

Yes!!! I’m in the 230’s!! Sorry about the delay!! I finally got the new scale.. 😂
    I feel like I am slow going with the weight loss sometimes.. but it’s always a constant loss so there’s that.. I’ve been trying to make small changes…. I’ve been focusing on eating only salads at lunch.. that helps…
    Now to incorporate workouts…. That’s the hardest to start.. I keep telling myself I’ll start today and then the day goes by and nothing…. Anyone have any advice on what worked for them to kickstart their workout routine?! Thanks

What got me exercising more is the thought that if I MUST take my Synthroid daily, then exercise SHOULD be part of my day.
    So far I have only missed one day without exercising and feel good about it

• bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    BigBlues11
    Friday
    PW 155.8
    CW 155.8 (-.0 pnds)
    TLD -68.2 pnds

Have a great weekend!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @peachplace - To jumpstart a new routine, I try to break the new habit into small increments and build momentum from the tiniest movements. For example, I find it more difficult to get out of the house to exercise in the winter, when it’s darker and colder. So, I might decide to visit the sauna at the gym, but not workout on the first day, or pack up my gym bag on Monday, pickup a schedule on Tuesday, watch a class on Wednesday and make it nearly impossible to ‘fail’. So, I might delay the start of my new exercise routine but I practiced the habit of getting to the gym every day that first week. My strategy would vary depending on the workouts but, if you keep experimenting, I’m sure you’ll find something that works for you.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 153.2
    CW: 155.1

Still working on the remnants of my July 4th weekend out of town. I have got to master the art of eating out. Any suggestions.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    @peachplace what works for me in terms of routine, is packing my workout gear with me when I leave for work in the morning, so I have to go after work or I risk feeling like an idiot for carrying all that stuff with me all day and then skipping.

@leni1us tell yourself you can always go back to that restaurant tomorrow/next week/whenever if you feel like it, there’s no need to have everything at once.

Thanks for all the cooling tips, I have to maybe go buy a baby bathtub beforehand or something just so I can soak my feet in it - we don’t have a bathtub in our home, the pool within reasonable distance is closed for renovations and the heatwave brings a somewhat dangerous algae/bacteria to surface waters so you really shouldn’t be swimming at beaches. Right now I’m really grateful to my godfather who told me in May to not be an idiot and buy a good electric fan back then before the summer gets hot and they’re still available.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    CW188.2 😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    angelic843 wrote: »
    UserName: Angelic843
    Weight in week: July Week 2
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 376.8
    CW (Current Weight): 374.8
    This week’s loss: 2.0
    Total LTD (Loss to Date): 47.4

And you were on VACATION!!!!!

Yay!!! Great job!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    CW188.2 😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫

You are resilient. You have overcome so much…. You can do this!!!
  • SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    UserName: SisuMom2019
    Weight in week: July Week 2
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    CW (Current Weight): 205
    PW (Previous Weight): 205
    This week’s loss: 0
    LTD (Loss to Date): 53.3
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Beka3695
    Saturday
    PW: 186.2
    CW: 182.6

3.6 pounds for the week!!! My efforts are paying off!!!

Some people are against weighing daily, but it seems to keep me on a better track. I left my scales in GA two weeks ago and I saw a 2+ lb gain. I feel like I need this daily accountability.

Wow, awesome loss! Congratulations! (I weigh myself daily too)
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    I used to be a daily weigher too, and that’s when I’ve had most success as that morning routine sets my focus for the day. I did track trendweight instead of daily scale weight, though. Currently I only weigh in about once a month at the maternity clinic and would prefer not to even weigh in there, but I know it’s important. I’m about 25 weeks done and 15 more to go, and at last month’s appointment I was up about 15 pounds compared to pre-pregnancy. My mind is already starting to speed up to maternity leave, having this baby and getting to work on myself and my baby postpartum. Right now I’d settle for cooler weather though, so I could be more active and enjoy the outdoors more.
  • Nature003Life
    Nature003Life Posts: 37 Member
    Good morning/afternoon everybody!!! Sorry for the late weigh-in. Yesterday was an unexpectedly LONG and EXHAUSTING day. We drove one hour and purchased a used car. :) Then had to drive an hour in the opposite direction to drop the car we were using off. Then drove an hour home. My husband and I treated ourselves to beef patties. Something we only treat ourselves to when we go to the city.

PW: 280
    CW. 280.8

Not mad at all. This week, I drank 100 oz or more of water each day. Surprised myself because I didn't really want junk food and if I did, it was substituted with something healthy. Dealt with depression this week. Proud of myself because when I realized what it was; I forced myself to go out and walk even if it was for 20-30 mins. (Still can't walk long/far but happy I can walk for 20-30 mins.) Did that 4 days this week!!!.) I will be going out in a few to either walk or go to the gym. Haven't decided yet. Then going to take the kids out. Oh and forgot to mention, my son and I treated ourselves to a small cup of ice cream.
This discussion has been closed.