Shrinking Assets-July Chat 2021

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    edited July 2021
    chublet25 wrote: »
    socajam wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone is interested, but I bought this bag of cauliflower rice from Costco - it was not my normal bag, so I was really skeptical about it. Left it in the freezer for at least 2 months or more. Last week I decided that I need to cut my carbs and tried the CR, well let me tell you that it's the best one to date that I have eaten

It's very firm even when cooked - not sure how much the bag cost - but there are 4 packets (453 grams) in the large bag (frozen)

Tropicaland Premium Selection - Organic Rice Cauliflower - 5 individual 16oz steamable bags

I sauteed some carrots (cut up finely) in my homemade seasoning of (spring onions, onions, garlic, olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning in a food processor), then stored in jars in the fridge for ease of use

Then I add the chopped up zucchini and the CR, cover and let cooked

Today I decided to add tuna in olive oil and it was tasty and filling

It may not be to everyone's taste, but it's easy and quick and it does not loose the crunchiness the next day

That's brilliant! I bought some today. Thanks for the tip!

On chocolate covered Katie's website, there's a recipe for "macaroni" and cheese using riced cauliflower, and I'm going to try it tonight. https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/cheesy-cauliflower-rice/

Hopefully it's as good as she claims! I really can't ever go back to eating wheat-based pasta.

Thank you I will look at it and give it a try

I have nutritional yeast in my pantry, but keep forgetting to use it. I shall keep it on the counter instead

I have now moved on to Quinoa - had it for breakfast with 1 pear and 1 banana and some nuts - I used the fruits as my sugar and it was not bad (3/4 cup milk to 1/4 cup Quinoa add spices as well)

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    dew11252 wrote: »
    Dew11252
    July week 2
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    July SW: 283.6
    PW: 283.6
    CW: 281.4
    Lost: 2.2
    LTD: 38.6

I have no idea, I would love to lose 2.2 for the next couple of weeks - just enjoy your lost and let haters be
    I swear that COVID have bought out the hatred in people
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
  • Beka3695
    Dew11252
    July week 2

Nice loss! (why does somebody disagree with this?)

I bet they just hit the wrong button....
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Dew11252
    July week 2

Nice loss! (why does somebody disagree with this?)

I bet they just hit the wrong button....

I bet you're right! I never thought of that! Thanks (that makes me feel better!)
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Wtbarunner
    Wednesday
    PW 239
    CW 238
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Wednesday Weigh In

KittyInBoots17:
    PW:237
    CW: 236

I'm down a bit. Seriously just went through a terrible heat wave last week into this week. Considering the amount of hydration required I am happy with the loss. I never want to experience that kind of heat/humidity again.

Glad to see some great losses you guys!!! Way to go! Weigh to go? Lol, both!!!

Any tricks to beat the heat? It’s been a constant heat wave here since mid-June, and some long-term forecasters are saying it might continue until August. I don’t do well in heat in general, but this summer is hell with this little space heater kicking around my belly. Today it’s ”only” 26C/80F and raining, and I’m so happy I could cry.

(Yes, I know the 80s would be a lovely cool breath of fresh air in many areas of the world, but Finland isn’t used to having extended periods of this. The normal average temperature for July, warmest month of the year, is 18C/64F. That would be far better for me.)
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @hipari I really feel for you! Towards the end of my pregnancy with my daughter we had a heat wave for a couple of weeks and it is miserable. I don’t know what they’re called but have you tried those scarf things that you put in water and then put around your neck to cool off? I’ve used them in the past and they’ve helped. Hope it cools off there! 🙂
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    Stay cool, everyone! My son will turn 21 next month and I still remember the swelling in my ankles in August 2000! I cooled off by swimming in the pool as often as possible. The pool is just across the street from our house so it was convenient and; although I’m not usually a daily swimmer, it was a physical activity I could still do while carrying extra weight. I hope weather improves so you can feel more comfortable soon.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited July 2021
    Username: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 131.5
    CW: 130.3
    SW 168
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,033 Member
    When I lost my air conditioning one summer in Virginia, I used to soak my feet in cold water in the bathtub. It's easy to do, and quite effective. It's very good for hot dogs too because they lose heat through their little toe pads.
  • Beka3695
    Hi team!!!

Oh the agony of being pregnant thru the summer. Before my oldest was born we used to boat a lot… lake not ocean. The summer I was pregnant (delivered in September) I did not hesitate to jump off the boat into the lake. I’m a pretty strong swimmer but thought I would drown. My buoyancy was totally off.

Wanted to give a check in on my attempts at 75 Hard-ish. I am all green checks so far.
    My partner and I have a few “exceptions” that has made life tolerable. We totally cheated and drank after our race. I was at like 3000 cal that day. My second exception is not hitting 100 oz on travel days. I did on my first one but paid dearly all night long. I hit about 60 oz the second.

I have been exceeding my exercise goals and staying in my cal range. The scales are starting to respond. I’m noticing my energy deteriorate. I’m sure once I find my groove this will stabilize.

I hope everyone is having a killer week!!!!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @peachplace I was really having a hard time making exercise a routine in the beginning. What got me going was that I entered a daily squat challenge for a month with a friend here on MFP. I only did half of the squats that the challenge called for. Just having to message her that I did them everyday kept me going. And once I did the squats I always wanted to do more exercises. This is what worked for me anyway. 🙂
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Username: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 131.5
    CW: 130.3
    SW 168

Great loss!
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    The struggle has been real y'all sorry I been mia trying to get my head outta my butt cave!!
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    PW:. 259.8
    CW:. 259.8

Absolutely zero change and I can't figure out why. It's very frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.