LC Boot Camp: Active August 2021

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    cherie8525 wrote: »
    @baconslave The test is Sundays...Sunday looms.
    Do you mean staying on track is hard on Sundays?

Yes. Like taylok23 said, Le Grand Saboteur, (my well meaning but unpredictable sabotaging husband) presses junk and calorie bombs on me on the weekends. He's too busy during the week, but he buys things "just for me" and if I don't partake he gets mightily miffed. So I have calorie explosions and a bit higher carbs scheduled into Saturdays. I did really well of saying "no" on Sundays for a long long time and getting back to my angelic ways after the naughty Saturday. But the pandemic came and he turned his sabotage on that day too. So I caved and caved and then it became coping through the Covidpocalypse by eating junk. So I ate my way up 15lbs and have been having a hard time drawing that line in the sand again. I managed to keep Sunday reasonable last week. Now I need to do a repeat.

Consistency + Persistence + Time
  • baconslave
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    8/18-8/19
    Two good days for staying hydrated, within calorie goals and listening to hunger signals. I totally wanted to snack tonight but wasn’t the least bit hungry so I walked the dog and watched reality tv. @baconslave, the weekends are hard for me too. The saboteur loves to have drinks on the patio and make bad food choices. Lately I’ve held strong but it is so easy to give in! I’m doing better with staying mainly carnivore with a salad or two mixed in. This definitely helps manage my appetite.

You know I feel you. Hang in there.
  • baconslave
    Options
    8/14-8/19 still not feeling good ... no exercise and food well it is all over the place
    Update on me ....talked to my Dr. today on the phone... he put me on presidone and a nebulizer ... I am having a hard time breathing ...my nose is plugged and I have had a headache for almost a week now ...Everything I drink or eat is very very salty .. My daughter and I have to go get a covid test on Tuesday ...when it rains it rains but when it pour it really pours

Oh gosh. :disappointed: I'll be praying for you and yours!

I hope you feel much better soon. :heart:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    8/14-8/19 still not feeling good ... no exercise and food well it is all over the place
    Update on me ....talked to my Dr. today on the phone... he put me on presidone and a nebulizer ... I am having a hard time breathing ...my nose is plugged and I have had a headache for almost a week now ...Everything I drink or eat is very very salty .. My daughter and I have to go get a covid test on Tuesday ...when it rains it rains but when it pour it really pours

Oh gosh. :disappointed: I'll be praying for you and yours!

I hope you feel much better soon. :heart:

@baconslave Thank you so much greatly appreciate it
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I have decided to take a break from low carb/keto.... I am struggling since I am sick so I am eating convenient foods...I hope to be back soon
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    8/20
    I did well most of the day, knowing friends were stopping by for drinks. That influenced poor choices late at night so my day ended at maintenance if my calorie burn is to be believed. The scale will tell me Monday morning. Now to get back to normal the next couple of days- I can tell immediately when I’ve ignored my stomach and had too much so watching portions is definitely helping.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    SW 9/14/21-255 lbs (New job, less stress, not having a micromanager anymore)
    UGW-122 lbs ( lowest wt 2009, kept off about 5 years)
    Surgery 5/3/21-240.5 lbs
    SW 5/14/21-232.2 lbs MFP
    CGW-190 lbs
    CW start 8/1/21-212.0 lbs

8/8/21-209.2 lbs
    8/15/21-207.8 lbs
    8/22/21-204.4 lbs
    8/29/21-
    8/31/21-
    8/31 Goal-199.9 lbs
    ML-

9/5/21-
    9/12/21-
    9/19/21-
    9/26/21-
    9/30/21-
    9/30 Goal-195 lbs
    ML-

10/3/21-
    10/10/21-
    10/17/21-
    10/24/21-
    10/31/21-
    10/31 Goal-190 lbs
    ML-

TCL-
    TCG-15 lbs

Doing well. Keeping my calories at 1200 or under. Carbs at 15+/- 3. No hunger or cravings. Walking 5 miles 3x/week on my days off.

Today (8/22) its raining (and going to most of the day) so I dusted off my Elliptical, I haven't used since I broke my leg really bad in 10/15. Put on a TV show and did 72 minutes. I was sweating and exhausted but I did it! That time was picked as that is usually how long my first walk takes and is 3.4 miles. Elliptical said I was at 4.6 mph and did 5.5 miles!

I have a question. How accurate is MFP with the exercises? It said I burned 1001 calories! Usually I burn about 530 with my 5 mile, 3x/so walk total. Granted I was more tired than my 3-3.5 mph walks, but I was surprised at that number. I know its based on my daily weight.

Just wondering what others think, if it's pretty accurate.

• swimmom_1
    Options
    Above SW was 9/14/20 obviously! LOL!
  • taylok23
    Options
    82/21-8/22
    Two good days of getting plenty of water and being under calorie goals. Hopefully that balances the two nights I didn’t follow goals and I land at maintenance for the week. This is a marathon, right? It makes me crazy to see the scale bounce up after two weeks of loss-my head just needs to remember this is normal for me.
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Struggling to breath is extremely uncomfortable! I found cat nip tincture to help when I was struggling.. I took it for anxiety because not being able to breath was causing me to fight panic. (cat nip is known for quickly helping with crazy anxiety) I was having difficulty breathing along with chest pain. Dr were not finding answers.. I found the cat nip, with in two week, chest pains were gone, and breathing was back to normal 85% of the time.. It also helps with insomnia . Tincture are simple to make and I will always have some on hand.. It changed my life
  • baconslave
    Options
    I have decided to take a break from low carb/keto.... I am struggling since I am sick so I am eating convenient foods...I hope to be back soon

makes complete sense. I do hope you are better soon. But don't disappear. Let us know how you're doing when you feel well enough to do so.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Well...not the best Sunday ever...better than some, though. Camping weekend coming up for the next one, so it's likely my weekend isn't going to be as I want carb-wise, but I plan to make sure I get a lot of movement in. This is all of course only if Eldest daughter did not bring Covid home. She was around a lot of people this week in a community with increasing viral spread. Hoping for the best.

But back to biz and working out. Low-carb and sensible.
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/23
    Pretty good day with regards to getting enough water, staying under calorie goals and listening to hunger cues. I fasted for longer than normal as I wasn’t feeling hungry earlier in the day. I stuck with a light dinner but felt a bit hungry later after waiting to ensure I didn’t stuff myself all at once. Maybe it’s the heat or just eating smaller portions but I’ll take it!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

makes complete sense. I do hope you are better soon. But don't disappear. Let us know how you're doing when you feel well enough to do so.

Thanks @baconslave ... Will be going to get our covid testing this morning ... I am still having trouble breathing (even with the nebulizer..the medicine gives me headaches and a sore throat ) nose is plugged ..I can't smell ...everything I eat is salty like the ocean .... I talked to my Dr on the phone yesterday he told me to just use the nebulizer at night instead of twice a day ... I will be glad when I am feeling good again... I am missing my walks and my home gym
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/24-8/26
    I’ve had good days this week of staying under my calorie goals and not stuffing myself at dinner. Although I have wanted to snack in the evenings even though I’m not hungry, so it has got to be boredom. I’ve been successful in not giving in, but it helps that my husband is trying to watch what he’s eating. I do feel like watching portions is working, but it definitely isn’t a habit yet. I’m staying pretty hydrated during the day which also seems to help with hunger. Now to just keep on keeping on- the month is nearly over!
  • baconslave
    Options

Thanks @baconslave ... Will be going to get our covid testing this morning ... I am still having trouble breathing (even with the nebulizer..the medicine gives me headaches and a sore throat ) nose is plugged ..I can't smell ...everything I eat is salty like the ocean .... I talked to my Dr on the phone yesterday he told me to just use the nebulizer at night instead of twice a day ... I will be glad when I am feeling good again... I am missing my walks and my home gym
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Hope you're doing ok.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited August 2021
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Hope you're doing ok.

I am hanging in there ... I still have the bad cough and dealing with headaches daily still can't smell and everything still taste very salty .... I am also still waiting for the results of our covid test... California is soo behind that it is taking longer than expected ... I feel like the walls of my house are closing in on me ... ughhh
  • swimmom_1
    edited August 2021
    Options
    SW 9/14/21-255 lbs (New job, less stress, not having a micromanager anymore)
    UGW-122 lbs ( lowest wt 2009, kept off about 5 years)
    Surgery 5/3/21-240.5 lbs
    SW 5/14/21-232.2 lbs MFP
    CGW-190 lbs
    CW start 8/1/21-212.0 lbs

8/8/21-209.2 lbs
    8/15/21-207.8 lbs
    8/22/21-204.4 lbs
    8/29/21-203 lbs. Doing well. Keeping on track. I'm not sure if I'll meet my goal of under 200 lbs by 9/1/21 AM weigh in but I can't complain about 9 lb loss! I'm doing a procedure prep today for Monday, of Clear liquids + so that may help me reach it! The good part of the prep! Routine test for a bad family history of 3 generations and praying for a clean bill of health! Started using my Elliptical last Sunday, instead of walking, as it was raining all day. Hadn't used it since pre 10/15. It burns a lot more calories and gets my heart rate up exponentially.

8/31/21-
    9/1/21-
    9/1/21 Goal-199.9 lbs
    ML-

9/1/21-
    9/5/21-
    9/12/21-
    9/19/21-
    9/26/21-
    9/30/21-
    10/1/21-
    10/1/21 Goal-195 lbs
    ML-

10/1/21-
    10/3/21-
    10/10/21-
    10/17/21-
    10/24/21-
    10/31/21-
    11/1/21-
    11/1/21 Goal-190 lbs
    ML-

TCL-
    TCG-15 lbs

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely week at the beach in Cape Cod and now back to reality. Was more active than I thought last week but also ate too much and didn't track food. Hit the gym yesterday for a spin class and have strength today at lunch. We had bowling practice last night too.
    @baconslave we are camping this weekend too. Need to menu plan today.