Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 woohoo. Onederland. Congrats. Nice tat, btw.

@Tazaria87 I envy you having so much family to walk with daily. You are a tight knit group.

@mari_moulin have a wonderful zoo excursion.

@Piqueaboo sorry about your ankle. I hope it heals soon. The restaurants here have built outside as well. It has pushed the walkers into the street.

@jayenguk good luck with your bike challenge.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in

βœ… Steps
    βœ… Sleep Score (above 75)
    βœ… Exercise
    βœ… Reminders 8/8

Having Fitbit issues this morning. Finally got it to sync but it is not giving me a correct sleep reading. According to my Fitbit I have been awake since just before 1 am. I didn’t get up until 7:30 so I am giving myself a βœ… for sleep. Anyways, yesterday I had an awesome swim and workout. Today is swimming and stretching.

Well this happened this morning. Let’s hope it’s still there for Friday’s official weigh in.
    kqqo68c7w5fd.jpeg

Happy Hump Day!

Yes!!!! Man I need mine to get back into ONEderland too!! It’s gonna happen! Congratulations Linda!! πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸΎ

Thanks Mari! It took 7 months to get rid of the weight I gained last year and get back to onderland. Hopefully, I will still be there on Friday. You are definitely going to be there soon. You have been doing so well since you got back.

8/24
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 83oz
    Steps 13979

Got up early again and went for a walk at the lake with both my parents this time. Dad isn't travelling this week for work, which hasn't happened in months, so we're taking advantage while we can! Our goal is to meet every morning. It's funny you guys have brought up the subject of loose skin. I have really been struggling with mine lately. I don't like the way it feels, I don't like the way it looks. I'm tired of tucking it into my pants so I can button and zip them up. It's hanging off my arms and my whole body just looks deflated. I'd love to have surgery eventually but it's not going to be an option any time soon I don't think. I do believe I still have some fat in there to lose also, that it's not just pure skin. I technically have a few more pounds to lose before hitting the goal I set and even though I don't seem to be losing weight all that easily right now, I can tell my body is still changing.

Awesome steps! You are getting a lot more steps these days. Weight loss tends to slow down as you get close to goal. It’s the changes that are important.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: Β»
    @lindamtuck2018 woohoo. Onederland. Congrats. Nice tat, btw.

@Tazaria87 I envy you having so much family to walk with daily. You are a tight knit group.

@mari_moulin have a wonderful zoo excursion.

@Piqueaboo sorry about your ankle. I hope it heals soon. The restaurants here have built outside as well. It has pushed the walkers into the street.

@jayenguk good luck with your bike challenge.

Thanks Roger! My idea was to get each grandchild I had name tattooed on my feet. The first one hurt so much I haven’t been able to get the courage to go back. My other tattoos didn’t hurt near as much as the foot.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    We have another new member heading our way ......Please welcome @Fab464 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    WEEK 3 RESULTS ARE IN:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:

1st @amymartin555 -156,842 steps
    2nd @lindamtuck2018 - 101,704 steps
    3rd @piqueaboo - 101,637 steps
    4th @mari_moulin - 95,835 steps
    5th @Shannonsto - 89,426 steps
    AWESOME JOB LADIES :):):)
    As a group we walked 1,172,938 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:

@lindamtuck2018 7/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 0/7
    @littleflutterby 5/7
    @Piqueaboo 6/7
    @888Angie888 0/7
    @iradi8 4/7
    @azkunk 4/7
    @rlaskey2 4/7
    @Tazaria87 4/7
    @red1185 6/7
    @rwood566 7/7
    @lmf1012 0/7
    @amymartin555 7/7
    @Jpedno 6/7
    @mari_moulin 6/7
    @mthomas0228 4/7
    @tahm42 6/7
    @Shannonsto 7/7

Amazing job Everyone :):):):):):)

• Fab464
    Fab464 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Team! Thank you for allowing me to tag along as we trek through our fitness journey! Best of luck to everyone!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    It was a good day at the zoo with Sam and mike. Now it’s bed time. Must get up bright and early for that workout. It’s shoulder and upper back day tomorrow! πŸ’ͺ🏻

wmbdepy7da7d.jpeg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Fab464 wrote: Β»
    Hello Team! Thank you for allowing me to tag along as we trek through our fitness journey! Best of luck to everyone!

Welcome to our amazing team ... Wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Congratulations and welcome to one-derland! That's a great accomplishment during the lockdowns.

@Fab464 welcome and wishing you success on your health journey.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Well this happened this morning. Let’s hope it’s still there for Friday’s official weigh in.

kqqo68c7w5fd.jpeg

Lol I wasn't hiding that in a spoiler.... Congratulations Linda, that's such a huge event. You making me even more happy then I already am at this moment, and I'm already stupidly happy. lol πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ˜…πŸ‘ŒπŸ€—πŸ˜Ž

• Poobah1972
    Options
    It was a good day at the zoo with Sam and mike. Now it’s bed time. Must get up bright and early for that workout. It’s shoulder and upper back day tomorrow! πŸ’ͺ🏻

wmbdepy7da7d.jpeg

Awesome pictures Mari! looks like you guys had lots of fun. :smiley:
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    HELLO EVERYBODY!!! πŸ˜‹

So, I'll be honest, I was tired and moody all day long. I honestly don't know if I just did too much yesterday and didn't eat enough to adequately cover the work. Or if it's just the Oppressively over the Top Cauldron of stank on the skin Humidity we've been dealing with. Probably the latter though cause my sleep has been suffering.

Update on the legs.. They are still tired, but they don't actually hurt but I can tell I worked them. So meh? Maybe tomorrow? Or maybe I need to work harder? πŸ€”πŸ˜—

WORK? WORK SUCKED!!! BANG BANG BANG... SCRAP SCRAP... CRASH... Repeat ad infinitum... 😲😬😡πŸ₯΄πŸ˜ πŸ˜‘🀬

Heck I must have looked rough coming into work this morning, cause my Boss. (ALEX) actually went to Tim Hortons, and got me not 1... But 2 X-Large Black Dark Roast Coffee's. πŸ˜³πŸ˜… That was nice, but I can't help but think I eventually crashed off of that late afternoon.

So, at the end of the day, I was totally dragging my *kitten*.. Thinking how the hell am I going to get through this workout?

But then you see! WORKOUTS MAKE YOU FEEL GREAT!!!! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‹πŸ˜Š

So once again, there is no need to fear the workout...😎 The workout speeds your heart, it pumps oxygen through veins, and your brain excretes Endorphins and no matter how much CRAP you feel like going in... Your practically guaranteed to feel a whole lot better in practically minutes. πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ€—

I could have said screw it... Ate supper miserable... Went to bed miserable... Then regretted the fact that I just skipped a workout and likely making me more miserable... I could of did that?

But instead, here I am. I just enjoyed the best tasting supper (because they always taste better immediately after a workout. FACT)... I'm happy. And I had such an amazing workout, I'm looking forward to next Wednesday. 😊😊😊

So, I'll spare you all the details.. But I nailed absolutely every exercise. Moving up in EVERYTHING next week. And more importantly, the weak feeling I had in my shoulders that made form difficult to keep has seemingly disappeared. The exercises effected by that have all shot up more so than normal, reps went way up. I can't help but think that the addition of the Plate Pull overs and Plate raise superset helped strengthen all the secondary and tertiary muscles that support the shoulder?

Life is good πŸ’—, and everything is coming up Roses! 🌹🌹🌹 (And a big thank you for Lynn for putting up with my starting mood, and doing her best to bring a smile to my grouchy Lips.)

P.s. Lynn also kicked *kitten* today. She's has come a long way very quickly. πŸ˜‰

Sending out big warm thoughts to you all... LOVE and all the good stuff. Good night everyone! πŸ€—πŸ’—πŸ€—πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‹

ujsqemldfxrw.png
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Not sure of PW right now sorry. Just keep forgetting to post my weigh in!

CW 294.8.

I know its a gain that's all I know haha
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Fab464 wrote: Β»

Welcome to the team!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Congratulations and welcome to one-derland! That's a great accomplishment during the lockdowns.

@Fab464 welcome and wishing you success on your health journey.

Thanks!

kqqo68c7w5fd.jpeg

Lol I wasn't hiding that in a spoiler.... Congratulations Linda, that's such a huge event. You making me even more happy then I already am at this moment, and I'm already stupidly happy. lol πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ˜…πŸ‘ŒπŸ€—πŸ˜Ž

Thanks! Let’s hope I am still there by Friday.
    Not sure of PW right now sorry. Just keep forgetting to post my weigh in!

CW 294.8.

I know its a gain that's all I know haha

It will start going down again. Just a bump in the road.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    HELLO EVERYBODY!!! πŸ˜‹

So, I'll be honest, I was tired and moody all day long. I honestly don't know if I just did too much yesterday and didn't eat enough to adequately cover the work. Or if it's just the Oppressively over the Top Cauldron of stank on the skin Humidity we've been dealing with. Probably the latter though cause my sleep has been suffering.

Update on the legs.. They are still tired, but they don't actually hurt but I can tell I worked them. So meh? Maybe tomorrow? Or maybe I need to work harder? πŸ€”πŸ˜—

WORK? WORK SUCKED!!! BANG BANG BANG... SCRAP SCRAP... CRASH... Repeat ad infinitum... 😲😬😡πŸ₯΄πŸ˜ πŸ˜‘🀬

Heck I must have looked rough coming into work this morning, cause my Boss. (ALEX) actually went to Tim Hortons, and got me not 1... But 2 X-Large Black Dark Roast Coffee's. πŸ˜³πŸ˜… That was nice, but I can't help but think I eventually crashed off of that late afternoon.

So, at the end of the day, I was totally dragging my *kitten*.. Thinking how the hell am I going to get through this workout?

But then you see! WORKOUTS MAKE YOU FEEL GREAT!!!! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‹πŸ˜Š

So once again, there is no need to fear the workout...😎 The workout speeds your heart, it pumps oxygen through veins, and your brain excretes Endorphins and no matter how much CRAP you feel like going in... Your practically guaranteed to feel a whole lot better in practically minutes. πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ€—

I could have said screw it... Ate supper miserable... Went to bed miserable... Then regretted the fact that I just skipped a workout and likely making me more miserable... I could of did that?

But instead, here I am. I just enjoyed the best tasting supper (because they always taste better immediately after a workout. FACT)... I'm happy. And I had such an amazing workout, I'm looking forward to next Wednesday. 😊😊😊

So, I'll spare you all the details.. But I nailed absolutely every exercise. Moving up in EVERYTHING next week. And more importantly, the weak feeling I had in my shoulders that made form difficult to keep has seemingly disappeared. The exercises effected by that have all shot up more so than normal, reps went way up. I can't help but think that the addition of the Plate Pull overs and Plate raise superset helped strengthen all the secondary and tertiary muscles that support the shoulder?

Life is good πŸ’—, and everything is coming up Roses! 🌹🌹🌹 (And a big thank you for Lynn for putting up with my starting mood, and doing her best to bring a smile to my grouchy Lips.)

P.s. Lynn also kicked *kitten* today. She's has come a long way very quickly. πŸ˜‰

Sending out big warm thoughts to you all... LOVE and all the good stuff. Good night everyone! πŸ€—πŸ’—πŸ€—πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‹

ujsqemldfxrw.png

You are right! Workouts are the best mood enhancers. I stood at the side of the pool this morning and it took a while to get myself moving. I sure felt good after. I was tired but energized at the same time. Great job on the weights.
  • j2lee89
    j2lee89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Still feeling sick but tracked, went 1500 over my step goal, and drank ALL the water today. Early bedtime for me and getting used to checking in. I official start next week but I'm getting into the zone now to get it a good rhythm. Great job all!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Half way to the weekend.

Check in for 8/25:
    Steps - 5640 plus 25 minutes biking moderate effort.
    Calories - 1640 light eating so could afford a serving of magnum ice cream.
    Exercise - gym. 4 machines since I did 10 yesterday. 25 minutes recumbent bike. 6.1 miles in 22 minutes and 3 minutes cooldown.

What is considered moderate? I was sweating/breathing very hard and pulse hit 160.
    Got five guys for lunch. Little burger no cheese in a lettuce wrap and 2 oz fries.

Welcome, @Fab464.

Very hot tomorrow. Either a walk very very early or lazy day. Don't think I will do the gym 3 days in a row.
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Stopping by to post some steps πŸ˜‰

8/23 13,050
    8/24 11,242
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    So I had planned a gym yesterday, my car went in for its MOT ..I didn't even get up till midday!!!! I was so tired and it was nice to just lay in. However that put me behind and I had to get the car cleaned before MOT so I took my gym gear with me to the testing station then got a call from my son he was coming over so didn't get to the gym.

At about 6.30 pm I thought sod it I am off to the gym, my son went home and I drove to the gym and did my 10 miles plus some weights....feel so good that I went, even though in my head I was thinking I would not fit it in and would try and go soon....so yup another 10 miles under the belt and I knocked 5 mins off the total time too instead of 50 I did it in 45....also noticed that I am breezing through it more now, before by 5 miles I would be sweating and puffing now it hits me about 8 miles but by then its almost the end so I plough on through and just speed it up and BAM. My challenge starts September 1st I plan on just knocking it out at least 3 times a week at 10 miles and I will probably up the mileage I do as well, right now I am going to reduce my time on 10 miles, so give it a week or two then Ill crank it up some more!

Have a great day all and good luck on any weigh ins!.
This discussion has been closed.