✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/22 - 10,024
    08/23 - 14,595
    08/24 - 13,246
    08/25 - 17,804

Happy Thankful Thursday FitFam!

Another gym day in the books. Did a bit of running this morning. I’m so happy my right hamstring is no longer sore. I need to do more stretching tho. It’s still quite tight. It took some time to heal. Gonna take it slow with the running again.

Fingers crossed today is gonna be our first try in our pool. Outdoor Temps are not with us but the water seems warm. Hope we don’t freeze 🥶

Blessed day Fam 💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    ewsfz79qd3xu.jpeg
    f87r0qjhn5zs.jpeg
    ghbbmpti9x8p.jpeg

for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…

IG - maris_transformation_journey
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good Morning... (It's Thursday... Just in case you didn't know). 😋

I'll keep this short this morning... I slept like crap again... The heat never ends, gosh I'm going to sleep so well when the cool weather finally arrives. Literally Can't wait. 🙏

So, Fitbit says I had like 3.5 hours.. and a sleep score of 50 something... I feel a bit better than that though. Was definitely up at 2:00am and didn't sleep any after that. phewy! 😠

I used my time to visualize how I could turn my power cage, barbells and monster bands into a really capable Leg Press machine. So, I'm excited to put it all together and try it out at the end of leg day tomorrow. if it works as good as I have envisioned, I'll have to take a video. 🤞

Anywhoo... 4:00am arrived and it was time to get my *kitten* in gear. No excuse not to fit in 15 rounds of boxing this morning! 🔨🔔🔨🔔🔨🔔

The length of time is quite something... You start off knowing you're going to have to do 15 of these darn rounds and it's a bit intimidating 😗 . And at times I definitely wanted to stop at 10 rounds. But by the time you get to 10 rounds you realize you just did 2/3rds of the work, why not try and do more 🤔 . heck even 12 rounds. But by the time you do 12 rounds, you only have 3 rounds left. And each round after 12 you end up actually excited to finish them all 🥊😃🥊. Plus, I knew Tahlia is boxing today, and I figured if I put up a strong fight, I might just encourage my bud to do the same? (LIke there was ever any doubt she wouldn't have anyway.. But you know!).

So, there it is... 15 hard fought rounds.

Give er *kitten* boys and girls! 🤗😋🤗

P.s. Turns out my quads are a little sore to the touch, kneeing the heavy bag made that clear... Walking around is fine oddly enough. 😋

bw0ii998mjap.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Half way to the weekend.

Check in for 8/25:
    Steps - 5640 plus 25 minutes biking moderate effort.
    Calories - 1640 light eating so could afford a serving of magnum ice cream.
    Exercise - gym. 4 machines since I did 10 yesterday. 25 minutes recumbent bike. 6.1 miles in 22 minutes and 3 minutes cooldown.

What is considered moderate? I was sweating/breathing very hard and pulse hit 160.
    Got five guys for lunch. Little burger no cheese in a lettuce wrap and 2 oz fries.

Welcome, @Fab464.

Very hot tomorrow. Either a walk very very early or lazy day. Don't think I will do the gym 3 days in a row.

Great workout! I never am sure whether it is intense or moderate so I always put moderate. I can’t talk for some of my workouts as I am so out of breath and my heart rate hits peak. @Megan_smartiepants1970 would the talk test be reasonable to determine intensity level?
    1. Low intensity: you can talk and sing without puffing
    2. Moderate intensity: comfortably talk but not sing
    3. Vigorous intensity: can’t say a few words without gasping for breath

Shannonsto wrote: »
    Stopping by to post some steps 😉

8/23 13,050
    8/24 11,242

Awesome steps!

jayenguk wrote: »
    So I had planned a gym yesterday, my car went in for its MOT ..I didn't even get up till midday!!!! I was so tired and it was nice to just lay in. However that put me behind and I had to get the car cleaned before MOT so I took my gym gear with me to the testing station then got a call from my son he was coming over so didn't get to the gym.

At about 6.30 pm I thought sod it I am off to the gym, my son went home and I drove to the gym and did my 10 miles plus some weights....feel so good that I went, even though in my head I was thinking I would not fit it in and would try and go soon....so yup another 10 miles under the belt and I knocked 5 mins off the total time too instead of 50 I did it in 45....also noticed that I am breezing through it more now, before by 5 miles I would be sweating and puffing now it hits me about 8 miles but by then its almost the end so I plough on through and just speed it up and BAM. My challenge starts September 1st I plan on just knocking it out at least 3 times a week at 10 miles and I will probably up the mileage I do as well, right now I am going to reduce my time on 10 miles, so give it a week or two then Ill crank it up some more!

Have a great day all and good luck on any weigh ins!.

Fantastic, knocking time off your ride!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @mari_moulin
    You look so fit doing those exercises. Enjoy the pool. I find it a great place for stretching.

@Poobah1972
    The heat is gross! I went to go out on the balcony this morning and it was like walking into a steam sauna. We need some thunderstorms to break the humidity. Awesome kickboxing session! You seem to be very good at figuring out new ways to use your gym equipment so I am sure it will work.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday check in

✅ Steps
    ❌Sleep Score (above 75)
    ✅ Exercise
    ❌ Reminders 7/8 (frustrating)

After my swim yesterday I decided to walk in the pool for a bit. Unfortunately, it doesn’t count steps when you walk in the pool but I was able to keep my heat rate up. As always, I did stretching when finished.

Scale was up 3 pounds this morning. It was disappointing but I did put soya sauce on my rice supper time and I know my weight likes to jump around. It takes a couple of weeks before for it starts jumping around a lower number. The bottom line is I did hit onderland and soon I will be jumping towards 190.

Off for a swim and hopefully a good workout. I discovered yesterday you can buy water dumbbells in different weights so I will be getting some after my holiday.

Happy Thursday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Wednesday’s numbers

Steps
    Swim
    33 minutes moderate
    Water walking
    20 minutes moderate

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,791 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading our way .. Please welcome @1002Shed :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Great workout! I never am sure whether it is intense or moderate so I always put moderate. I can’t talk for some of my workouts as I am so out of breath and my heart rate hits peak. @Megan_smartiepants1970 would the talk test be reasonable to determine intensity level?

Absolutely ..That is a great way to determine the intensity level :)
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Shannonsto
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW 173.6
    CW 173.0

Steps for 8/25
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    amw5snpo3aau.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Another new member heading our way .. Please welcome @1002Shed :)

Welcome to our team!

Absolutely ..That is a great way to determine the intensity level :)

Thanks Megan!

Shannonsto wrote: »
    Good morning!

Shannonsto
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW 173.6
    CW 173.0

Steps for 8/25

Nice loss! Those steps are looking great.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thanks Megan!

You are very welcome Linda :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    8/25
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 12654

Got up early again and met dad at the lake for our 3 mile loop. Getting up earlier than usual every day is making me kid of tired during the day but we're almost to the end of the week. It doesn't help that at night I've been working hard on getting consignment stuff ready. I got to bed late last night especially. Anyway, my neices were over for a few hours in the afternoon. We tried to do a play date at the playground with a friend but the kids didn't last long, it was just too hot.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    Doing the bear minimum due to covid. It is in my house and all I want is it gone. I had it before they had a test for it so it has been over a year and half since that. So tired and sore.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    So Crappy... Sorry you have to deal with that @tahm42
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member heading our way .... Please welcome @tammyclf :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Doing the bear minimum due to covid. It is in my house and all I want is it gone. I had it before they had a test for it so it has been over a year and half since that. So tired and sore.

I am so sorry you have to deal with this ... I have been sick for 2 weeks as of today... Waiting to hear the results of my covid test ...California is soooooo backed up that it can take up to 3 or 4 days
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/25
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 12654

Got up early again and met dad at the lake for our 3 mile loop. Getting up earlier than usual every day is making me kid of tired during the day but we're almost to the end of the week. It doesn't help that at night I've been working hard on getting consignment stuff ready. I got to bed late last night especially. Anyway, my neices were over for a few hours in the afternoon. We tried to do a play date at the playground with a friend but the kids didn't last long, it was just too hot.

Another awesome check in! Is that the same sale you did last year? I seem to remember you having a ton of stuff to get ready.

tahm42 wrote: »

Feel better! It sucks getting covid. I was about 18 days in quarantine. Still get headaches 8 months later.

Another new member heading our way .... Please welcome @tammyclf :)

Welcome to the team!
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Morning guys another fun packed Friday at work, then 3 days off woooot! Have a great day all!
This discussion has been closed.