Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading our way .... Please welcome @tammyclf :)
    Another new member heading our way .. Please welcome @1002Shed :)

Welcome!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/26
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 96oz
    Steps 13009

I'm sure I sound like a broken record this week but dad and I met early morning at the lake again for the 3 mile loop. Then I walked my son to school. Yesterday morning was hard, he didn't want to go to school and actually cried when I dropped him off. I think it had something to do with his sister not having school and getting to stay home with me all day. She goes every day except for Thursdays. Right before lunch my nieces got dropped off with me and the girls just played together the whole time. They are so cute together. Once I got my son from school we had some nice family time all evening. We even made it through a whole movie, that's never happened haha.

Awesome steps! You are well above your step goal everyday.

Jpedno wrote: »
    Been a few days since I checked in. I went to spin class twice this week and am headed to bodypump (weight lifting class) this morning. I took yesterday off from work as well as today and Monday too— a much needed extra-long weekend. Yesterday I vacuumed, mopped, and pulled weeds in the garden. A productive day! I’ve got plans on both Saturday and Sunday with friends which should involve getting in plenty of steps. Going to the botanic garden and visiting art galleries.

Can’t remember when I last posted steps so here’s the week up to yesterday:
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/22 10,146
    8/23 6,475
    8/24 6,828
    8/25 7,080
    8/26 10,468

Hmmm. I can see I’m not consistently hitting my step goal. I need to work on this. My food hasn’t been super either. Im just so inspired to bake with all this summer produce.... applesauce cake (took it to work but still had leftovers) and leek and spinach quiche.

sounds like you are getting lots of physical activity. Enjoy your time out with your friends.

@lindamtuck2018
    Username: mthomas0228
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    SW: 193
    PW: 179.7
    CW: 180.9

While this is a gain, it was expected due to back to back vacations. I will definitely be back in the 170's in September!

I think that’s a great weigh in after being on vacation.

Another new member heading our way ... Please welcome @THUNDER5453 :)

Welcome aboard!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    Check in day: friday
    PW: 284.2
    CW: 280.4. -3.8
    LTD: 286.2

Fantastic loss, Roger!
    Morning Everyone .... I am still dealing with a bad cough and headaches ...Still waiting to hear from my Dr on the results of the covid test...I hate the waiting game ....Haven't left the house except for going to get tested for Covid on Tuesday ... I feel like the walls in my house are closing in on me ...Missing my home gym and walks ...I hope everyone else is doing good :)

It’s hard being in quarantine. Hopefully, you start feeling better soon.

azkunk wrote: »
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW:185
    CW: 189.6
    LTD: 17.4

Not a great week but it did not feel as bad as the scale shows. That underscores the importance of logging every day and checking in here. Even if I don’t have time to read all of the posts. Next week will be better. 😞

Hang in there Andrea! I know I said this a thousand times before but it’s when you stop trying that you are in trouble.

tammyclf wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - hey thanks so much! I am going to have to spend some time this weekend figuring out the easiest best way to get to this group and see messages!

Welcome to the team! You can use the star at the top of the page to bookmark the chat.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    When you get a chance please go to the September team chat and introduce yourself. There are some questions there that might help us get to know each other.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842200/downsizers-team-chat-september-2021/p1?new=1

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    tammyclf wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - hey thanks so much! I am going to have to spend some time this weekend figuring out the easiest best way to get to this group and see messages!

You are so welcome :) When someone responds to the downsizers you should see it on the bottom of the main page
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good morning its a bank holiday weekend in sunny UK, so that means 3 days off! WOOOOT....so gonna gym it later...have a great weekend all!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    It's weigh-in day!

Username piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 212.2
    CW (Current Weight): 209.6

I'm not entirely sure what happened but I'm moving down the scale again! I'm running, I'm eating better, I'm drinking less, but in London I indulged but did kinda balance it with loads and loads of steps. I'm SUPER pleased with the results over the last 2 weeks and will try to stick with it!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Weigh in week: 4
    Previous weight: 209.0
    Current weight: 208.6

Daily Check-in: Friday 08/27

✖️Track my food
    ✖️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 3/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/22 - 10,024
    08/23 - 14,595
    08/24 - 13,246
    08/25 - 17,804
    08/26 - 13,342
    08/27 - my Fitbit broke but I know I got more than 10.000 for the day, even more than 13,000 but I’m gonna stick with 10,000 for today.

Alright alright alright.

Good morning team and happy Saturday!

Today is my final weigh in for the month of august. One month since I started my training program at the gym. I’ve done GREAT with the workouts but my eating could use much improvement. I’m getting there. Here are the results for the month….

Dates : 07/31 - Vs - 08/25

Weight: 209.2 🔻 208.6
    Chest: 106cm 🔻 105.6cm
    Waist: 105.2cm 🔻104.8cm
    Hips : 111.4cm 🔺111.6cm
    Thigh: 59.2cm 🔻 59.0cm
    Calf: 37.8cm 🔻36.2cm
    Arm: 31.8cm 🔺 32.4cm

Gotta keep going. One month til my next surgery.
    sstxru56c979.jpeg

for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…

IG - maris_transformation_journey
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jayenguk wrote: »
    Good morning its a bank holiday weekend in sunny UK, so that means 3 days off! WOOOOT....so gonna gym it later...have a great weekend all!

Yay for long weekends! Enjoy the gym and your weekend!

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    It's weigh-in day!

Username piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 212.2
    CW (Current Weight): 209.6

I'm not entirely sure what happened but I'm moving down the scale again! I'm running, I'm eating better, I'm drinking less, but in London I indulged but did kinda balance it with loads and loads of steps. I'm SUPER pleased with the results over the last 2 weeks and will try to stick with it!

Fantastic loss! A new decade which means onderland is getting close. Who is the ankle?

Weekly weigh-in:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: 4
    Previous weight: 209.0
    Current weight: 208.6

Daily Check-in: Friday 08/27

✖️Track my food
    ✖️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 3/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/22 - 10,024
    08/23 - 14,595
    08/24 - 13,246
    08/25 - 17,804
    08/26 - 13,342
    08/27 - my Fitbit broke but I know I got more than 10.000 for the day, even more than 13,000 but I’m gonna stick with 10,000 for today.

Alright alright alright.

Good morning team and happy Saturday!

Today is my final weigh in for the month of august. One month since I started my training program at the gym. I’ve done GREAT with the workouts but my eating could use much improvement. I’m getting there. Here are the results for the month….

Dates : 07/31 - Vs - 08/25

Weight: 209.2 🔻 208.6
    Chest: 106cm 🔻 105.6cm
    Waist: 105.2cm 🔻104.8cm
    Hips : 111.4cm 🔺111.6cm
    Thigh: 59.2cm 🔻 59.0cm
    Calf: 37.8cm 🔻36.2cm
    Arm: 31.8cm 🔺 32.4cm

Gotta keep going. One month til my next surgery.
    sstxru56c979.jpeg

for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…

IG - maris_transformation_journey

Nice loss! Look at all the 🔻in your monthly stats. Well done! I am so glad you came back and are sharing your successes with us. Is this your last surgery?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday check in

✅ Steps
    ❌Sleep Score (above 75)
    ✅ Exercise
    ❌ Reminders 5/8

I went for a longer walk in the morning than I intended. It was so hot the last 20 minutes of our walk. I need to do shorter walks than I did yesterday. I had to take my granddaughter to the Apple store which is in a mall so we had to walk quite a bit to find it. I had a rough day with my back yesterday which lead to poor sleep and missing reminders to move. This just enforces how important swimming is for me. I did end up with 12k steps so that’s a positive.

I am heading to the pool for a short swim and some stretching. Then comes the fun of grocery shopping. Our granddaughter is coming with us and it’s the first time since the pandemic started that she has been able to come. I am getting my hair cut today and then just hanging out with my granddaughter.

Happy Saturday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Friday numbers

Steps
    Swim
    None
    Water weights workout
    None
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    What are some of your August successes?
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    What are some of your August successes?

My august in photos. Not much weight change but you can see a difference in my body. Despite the scale not moving I have had progress.

pdsu99su60q7.jpeg

ufui33mgm1wx.jpeg
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Username: jpedno
    PW: 155.6
    CW: 155.6

August successes... well I didn’t lose this week but overall I’m down 4.8 lbs this month which is great. Excited to see what can happen in September! I’m proud of going to the gym, tracking my food, and participating in this group. Love seeing @mari_moulin gym photos! You all inspire me!

I’m thinking about goals and intentions for September.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 8/27 10,434
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hiked my *kitten* off. Celebrated with a whole low carb chocolate bar... Now I'm having a nap. Peace out! 🙃😋

1ryj05uctmi8.jpg
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @mari_moulin
    Scales are not always an indicator of how we are doing. You look fantastic.

@Jpedno
    Those are some pretty awesome successes.

@Tazaria87
    The heat could be a big factor.

@Poobah1972
    Amazing hike! You deserve your chocolate bar and a nap.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining us ... Please welcome @bonnierose49 :)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Username: red1185
    PW: 162.2
    CW: 161.8

Slowly but surely coming down. I’m trying not to be too hard on myself. Progress is progress.
    I cannot believe we are already heading into a second month of school. I’m exhausted. Lots of grading planned for tomorrow.

Steps for this week:
    8/21: 10,945
    8/22: 3,504
    8/23: 7,924
    8/24: 9,824
    8/25: 7,257
    8/26: 9,944
    8/27: 9,531
    8/28: 3,655

I hope everybody has a fantastic week. I’m going to try to get on here to respond to people this week. That’s one of my goals. I think being MIA is not good for me.
    Have a wonderful night everybody!
This discussion has been closed.