Mission Slimpossible - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
4bak795kng4d.png

Here is your Team chat room for August 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari [/center]

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Like the encouraging image and words. Thanks for sharing @TeresaW1020
    Hello everyone!!!

w6hapg0to101.jpg

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    na7m1x4p9lzv.png

Hi Team! Remember that tomorrow we are officially kicking off our August Tracking Challenge. I hope everyone will join in and make a real effort to set their goals for this month and work hard towards them. I even signed up in the Habit Tracker to help me stay more mindful. Did you?

Today was a good day. I did another double workout with 21 Day Fix Extreme, which kicked my butt…literally! :D I was stuck with tech support for almost an hour trying to fix an issue with the church’s website. I HATE hackers!!! :angry: My food was great today and I hit my goals as you can see below.

AUGUST TRACKING CHALLENGE
    Target Goals—Cal: 1300, Pro: 112 gm., Net Carbs 30 gm., Fat 85 gm.
    Tracked Pre-tracked my two meals
    Target Goals Cal 1287, Net Carb 24.2, Protein 124.2, Fat 76.4
    No Snacking No Snacking
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,607 Member
    Options
    Intro:
    I'm Christie, a proud Aussie mum of a 2.5 year old boy who just lights up my world. He stays at home with his dad during the day, while I work as an accountant at a gold mine. We live in a small rural town in Australia, where I grew up on a nearby farm (my parents still live there today). I have always been obese, but my weight has steadily climbed throughout my adulthood despite trying all the fads to shift it. I had myself convinced that PCOS made it impossible to lose weight. Last year I decided to properly take control and give it a real shot, starting slowly and making small but sustainable changes to my lifestyle. I'm now down over 30 lbs and while I have a long way to go, I've certainly proven to myself that PCOS may make it harder to lose weight, but definitely not impossible!!

My personal goals for August:
    1. Sleep 7 hours a night on average.
    2. Track all calories consumed every day.
    3. Complete 600 minutes of intentional activity.
    4. Record an overall calorie deficit of at least 15,000 calories.
    5. Meditate at least 15 times.

A few notes from the end of the July thread!

@trooworld Great loss! That boxing must really agree with you.

@Katmary71 Sorry the pain clinic wasn't as fruitful as you'd hoped. That sucks. I hope you had fun with your friend!

@Cornanda Yayyyy great loss!

I'm looking forward to a fresh new start for August. It's a little after lunchtime here on Sunday 1st and I'm off to a good start so far, having tracked everything I've eaten so far and made some healthy plans for the week. I will have a challenge on Friday as it's my birthday, so I will try to be lenient with myself knowing that it's just one day and a slice of cake is not going to derail me.

I'm definitely IN for the tracking challenge @TeresaW1020 - I need to keep myself accountable!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Aug 2021 Sunday
    PW 138.2lbs (62.7kg)
    CW 138.2lbs (62.7kg)
    LTD about 37lbs (16.8 kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Maintained for three weeks in a row.

Ate better portion sizes and didn't feel like urge to eat. But later in the week ate more chocolate.

Going to try and eat better and no snacking

GOALS:
    1. Drink tea only at breakfast
    2. Go to sleep listening to podcast than grabbing a sugary hit.

Have a good week ahead

Smiles🥰

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    9lgf5wkduv8w.jpg

Good morning Team Slimpossibles!! B) I'm feeling super pumped for this month and all the opportunities it gives me to refocus and crush my goals. I hope you are feeling the same! Today we start our AUGUST TRACKING CHALLENGE where we are committed to tracking every bite, taste, and nibble. I'm also going to commit to doing a 31-day squat challenge. I plan to do the best I can and break up the squats throughout the day as they increase. Will you commit to joining me in this booty lifting challenge. :smiley:

1voaj9ognjhf.png

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @Firefly743 @Cornanda @askewcr Congrats on great weigh-ins!

@Katmary71 Yes it does! I'm sorry that the pain clinic wasn't very promising. Hopefully, they will be more helpful than you anticipate. Your friends day sounds fun. What movies did you watch?

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! Done!

@TheGlwUp Yes! It is helping tremendously.

@TeresaW1020 Yay for a good day!

@TwistedSassette Thank you! I hope so, I love it! Your August goals are great. No, one day will not derail you! Enjoy your birthday!

@apple852hk Great NSVs for you (better portion sizes and not feeling the urge to eat).

Now for my introduction: I'm one of your motivators. I'm 52 and live in Southern California with my husband and spoiled pug. I have been overweight since my mid-20s. I've tried a lot of programs and diets but the one thing that works for me is WW. My highest weight was 248 and I'm about 219 right now. For exercise, I recently started going to a boxing class which I really love. I work full-time but in my spare time, I love to read, paint, do photography, and watch movies.

Sunday check-in: I just pre-tracked breakfast and dinner. I will need to eat a substantial lunch so that I am not totally under in my WW points. The only thing I really need to do today is to go get healthy groceries. Other than that, I think I'll read.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    PW 205
    CW 210

I had hip replacement surgery on Friday and I think it is just water weight
  • TeresaW1020
    edited August 2021
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to team Slimpossibles for losing 15.7 pounds this week and taking the PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS lead! Special shout out to @Jactop for losing 7 lbs. and being the Fat2Fit first place winner! You go, girl!! B) And congrats to @davidji82 and @Firefly743!

Team, we have to keep up our motivation and momentum this month!! I want to blow the other teams out of the water. Yeah, I know that I’m a mod to the whole Fat2Fit group and I do wish them all well. BUT hey you all are my tribe! So let’s make it happen!! B):smiley:
    79ool4a9kwy0.jpg

@TwistedSassette You have some great August goals! I should record my workouts in minutes and see what I come up with. :grin: You have to enjoy yourself on your birthday! It’s a major rule. ;) So, just do your best to get in a little extra deficit every day, and then on Friday, you will have some calories in the bank to splurge on.

@apple852hk Great job on maintaining for three weeks in a row!! What kind of podcasts do you listen to? If you want a couple that is really great for people who have issues with sugar I recommend, Food Junkies and Unsweetened Sio.

@trooworld See how well pre-tracking does? You knew exactly what you should have for lunch to be where you needed to be for the day with your points. I’m just hoping I can keep up this momentum.

Hi Team! Today has been a good day. I woke up to a nice 2 lb. whoosh on the scale that I’m really hoping will stick around. :grin: After church, I was so hungry and tested my BG and it was 10 points below my 82 trigger. So for sure time to eat! Most of the afternoon was spent on the computer doing church work and putting together a grocery list for tomorrow. For dinner tonight we had eggs, turkey sausage, and zucchini fritters. Since I don’t eat breakfast, I like to have it once in a while for dinner…or as some call it, brinner. ;)

Target Goals—Cal: 1300, Pro: 125 gm., Net Carbs 30 gm., Fat 75 gm.
    Target Goals Cal 1113, Protein 109.2, Net Carb 19.9, Fat 61.2
    No Snacking No Snacking
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 oooh I like that squat challenge! I shall join you! Though it's August 2 here so I'll have to do days 1 & 2 today. Also, yay on the whoosh!

@digger61 I hope the surgery went well - wishing you a speedy recovery!

Not a whole lot to update for me. I had a decent day yesterday and even spent some time playing World of Warcraft with hubby and my brother. Did some grocery shopping so my fridge looks nice and colourful with all the fresh produce in it. Sat down and planned out my meals for today, and pre-logged it except for dinner since hubby will likely make dinner.
    On Saturday I checked my blood pressure and fasting BGL and was pleased to see them both in the normal range. I have insulin resistance so likely my insulin is still elevated, but it's good to know that it's still under control. I have a family history of hypertension (mum, dad and sister are all medicated for it), so knowing my BP is normal is kind of a relief!
  • Jwhitegarcia
    Jwhitegarcia Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Username: Jwhitegarcia
    Weigh In Day: 153lbs
    PW (Previous Weight):154lbs last week
    CW (Current Weight):153lbs

Hello everyone! I am new, I saw the welcome in the July chat and I appreciate the warm welcome!

My name is Jessica. I am an avid reader, photography lover, love to travel. I'm a wife and mother.
    I have been on a mission to lose 75 lbs since December 27th 2020 and as of today I am 44.5 lbs down!!! Im super excited for this challenge!

I think my weigh in days I put down are Friday or Saturday. I cant remember so I just made my weigh in day today just to be safe.

Last week went well, I fluctuated all week 1 lb back and forth..But in terms of nutrition and exercise, I rocked the week with my healthy eating and exercising twice a day. Hoping I have a better week next week.
    Let's rock this month everyone!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, @Jactop @davidji82 @Firefly743 @Lulu_jo for getting on the leaderboard!

@TeresaW1020 Yes! I love pretracking! I hope you can keep it up, too. Those fritters sound good.

@digger61 Oh wow, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you aren't in pain!

@TwistedSassette It sounds like you had a good day. Congrats on that NSV of normal numbers!

@Jwhitegarcia Hello and welcome! Congrats on your loss so far, well done! It sounds like you are doing fantastic!

@askewcr Well done on the tracking challenge!

Hello all. This week, I begin to go into the office 3 days a week after being virtual for over a year. I'm glad to say I still fit into my work clothes! LOL My challenge for these 3 days is to not go to the cafe or the vending machines. I'm going to make sure and bring snacks so I'm not tempted.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Omg. July was rough. Time to get my head back in the game and get back on track. Time to get off the lazy train. July has been eating to many foods I shouldn’t be. No exercise. And way to much beer. This morning I was at my highest weight this summer, probably highest weight all year. I know I will be able to drop it pretty quickly but have made no progress which is sad. Going to take this week slow getting back exercising but plan on 3 5 km walks and some weights.
  • TeresaW1020
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Ohhh good, I’m glad that you will join me on the squat challenge. We can cheer each other on! :grin: That is great that your blood pressure and fasting BGL were both normal. If you keep on with your weight loss you can totally reverse your insulin resistance. My mom did and she doesn’t do one bit of physical activity as you do. :)

@Jwhitegarcia Welcome, Jessica! Congrats on your weight loss and you have found a great group to use for support and encouragement as you continue working toward your goal. You can choose whatever weigh-in day you want, and you can change it if you ever want to. Just tag @broncobuddee so he can enter it into the spreadsheet for you. :)

@askewcr Wahhooo on doing so well with your calories and macros!! From all I’ve been reading and learning about protein, it seems if we can keep our protein higher than our carbs and fats we will be more satisfied and hopefully see more weight loss. Something to aim for, huh? And yes it is going to be a great month!! :grin:

@trooworld My husband and I wrote our own wedding vows and in mine, I put that I would make him zucchini fritters whenever he wanted. You should have seen the look on the minister’s face! :D Does pre-tracking and taking snacks with you help you stay away from the café and vending machines?

@renaegry OK, July is over and done with and we are in a new month with a renewed determination. You can do it!! B)

Hi Team! Today was grocery shopping day, so I’m all set for the week. I did a challenging workout with weights and then the squat challenge. I was tempted to count the squats that were in the workout program but that would only cheat me from getting in the extra activity, so I did them afterward. B) Food was OK today. I had two boiled eggs and walnuts for lunch and that put me over on the fat grams. At least I’m nailing the accurate tracking! Bring on day three. :D

Target Goals—Cal: 1300, Pro: 125 gm., Net Carbs 30 gm., Fat 75 gm.
    Target Goals Cal 1,284, Protein 78.6, Net Carb 24.2, Fat 93.2
    Squat Challenge Day Two done! 15 each regular and narrow squats
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    @trooworld Good luck with keeping yourself on track when you're back in the office! I managed to convince myself that the vending machines at my work are for other people, not for me lol.

@renaegry You got this!! Having a plan is a great first step!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks for the words of support! I am hoping I can reverse the insulin resistance, but it is caused by PCOS so I'm not sure whether it will be something I will just be stuck with forever since it's hormonal. I hope not!!

Not much to update here. I played Audio Trip on my Oculus, which gives a good burn, and did the first two days of the squat challenge to get myself caught up. Tracked everything and came in under target so that's great. And got a bunch of housework done, and got to bed on time, all despite working an hour late at work!

Today is the toddler's Kinder Gym class so I will go to the gym again. I'll check out the back room in a hunt for kettlebells, but I am not hopeful. Otherwise I will find an elliptical program and give that a go.

AUGUST CHALLENGES:
    Tracking: 2/2
    Squats: 2/2
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congratulations to folks on the leaderboard! @Jactop @davidji82 @Firefly743 @Lulu_jo

It's great to be starting a new month. I am back from being on break and glad to be back at it.

I signed up for the Habit Tracker. (I hope I am in the right place! It said September. Not quite?!)

Daily Goals
    🟡Food Log - started but not done
    🟢Food on Plan
    🟢Exercise (45 min)
    🟢Martial Arts Practice
    🟢Meditation
    It was a moderately productive day,. Not amazing, but I'll take it and see about doing a wee but better tomorrow!

Goals for tomorrow -- all of the above plus:
    - Early morning gym trip
    - More water
    - Supplements

@Twisted_Sassette
    Hurray to your great day! I need to go find the Squat Challenge and see if I can catch up!

@TeresaW1020
    The zucchini fritter vow is fabulous. Everyone needs at least one good, funny moment from their wedding, and that was surely one. One of my best wedding moments was having the priest whisper that my brother was a very fine man. I looked over my shoulder to see that my brother (who was one of several people that stood up with me), was now holding a bouquet. When I handed mine off, my bridesmaids each passed theirs down. My brother was at the end of that line, so there he was in a tux and a bouquet.

@renaegry
    Hugs to the rough July. Let's make it an Awesome August! Isn't it great to have a new month and the start of a new week as an occasion to hit the reset button? Me, too!

@askewcr
    Hats off to you being well behaved at Red Lobster!

@trooworld
    I think fitting into your work clothes after a year out of the office is super impressive!

@Jwhitegarcia
    Welcome to Slimpossibles! What a great year you are having and hurray to being down in the last week! We are thrilled to have you join us!

@digger61
    You are the master of understatement. Take good care of yourself as you recover!
This discussion has been closed.