apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Aug 2021 Sunday
    PW 138.2lbs (62.7kg)
    CW 140.8lbs (62.9kg)
    LTD about 37lbs (16.8 kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Gained. Eating more chocolate after meals. Perhaps not eating enough food so feel hungry and tried to eat.

Need to practice again eating mindfully.and less watching or reading whilst eating.

Made homemade potato salad but ate it so quickly as rushing to finish it. I don't enjoy eating. Even when eating chocolate.

Last night was the worse. I ate lots of single serve biscuits scrolling on my phone. I was just nervous and swallowing 100cal per cookie.

GOAL
    1. eat without watching anything
    2. Chew 5 times before swallowing

Have a good week ahead!

Smiles🥰

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @Jwhitegarcia CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done! I'm glad you are in a better space today. That's a relief, I'm sure.

@TeresaW1020 I might never have exercised this hard. Thank you for your support! I'll try to be more patient and watch the snacks. Lunch sounded good, too bad it wasn't worth it. I'm glad your back is better!

@Katmary71 Awww, thank you! I think you are right about the gain.

@TwistedSassette Thank you! Actually, I did eat a little in excess but not to the point of a 5 lb gain. I hope this week is better. I'm sorry your stomach is upset, I hope it gets better. That stinks about the hayfever. Hang in there, the scale will come down!

@apple852hk Sorry about the gain. I need to practice mindful eating, too.

Hi all. My husband wants me to see a dietician, he thinks I am insulin resistant. I will try to make that happen. Yesterday was another mess of an eating day: too many snacks and sushi for dinner. Today is a new day and I try again.

TRACKING CHALLENGE: Tracked 100% yesterday, 100% pre-tracked for today.
    My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Check-in day: Saturday
    Week: week 1
    PW: 210 lbs
    CW:213 lbs

Up 3 this week

Sorry I am late again. I have to get back on track again. Time to keep better track of my eating.
    Exercise is very limited. On July 30 I had total right hip replacement so no cardio for the next 4 weeks at least. On the good note I can be here more.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @askewcr I’m glad I could help. I try to follow two rules for getting in protein. First, make sure that every meal or snack you have contains protein, and second, try to keep protein the highest macro of your day. Lots of lean meats, egg whites, Greek yogurt are my go to proteins. :)

@Katmary71 Is the Topamax helping with your pain? I’m hoping that you are starting to find some relief and that your body will adjust so that you aren’t so sleepy all the time. <3

@TwistedSassette I know that alcohol and sugar will make our bodies retain water so that extra weight gain of yours will come off in no time. Do your workouts and drink a lot of water! How are your legs holding up with the squat challenge? I’m trying not to break up the reps but I am spacing out the two different moves just to give my poor legs a break. :grin:

@apple852hk I’m sorry that you are struggling with your eating and emotions right now. I do know that if I don’t eat enough, especially good protein, it will be much easier to give in to foods that I really shouldn’t eat. Hang in there! <3

@trooworld I once went to a dietician and she wasn’t much help, but that might not be true for you. You very well could be insulin resistant. I am sure that I was too. Have you considered on top of tracking WW points that you might track your macros for a while and see where they are at? Carb Manager is such a good site for tracking macros. Are you eating too many refined carbs and not enough protein? I am really coming to believe that it’s not the amount of food we eat that is most important, but the quality of our food. You eat super healthy most of the time, but are there areas you can improve on? I know there are for me! If you want to geek out here is a great article about insulin that my guru Marty Kendall wrote. :)https://optimisingnutrition.com/how-to-optimise-your-insulin/#more-18672

@digger61 It’s good to see you here and I sure hope that your hip surgery heals quickly. Listen to your doctor!! That extra weight will come off. Just do what you know to do. :)

Hi Team! Today has been a good day. I was happy that the scale was actually down a little bit this morning, so my eating out with hubby didn’t seem to cause any damage. But I’m still up so I was super focused today and plan to be the rest of the week. My DDF blood glucose readings have been higher than they should so tomorrow I plan to fast until it gets to 80, where it’s supposed to be before I eat anything. I have shopping to do tomorrow so hopefully, that will keep me distracted. :grin:

AUGUST TRACKING CHALLENGE
    Target Goals—Cal: 1300, Pro: 125 gm., Net Carbs 30 gm., Fat 75 gm.
    Tracked I pre-tracked today
    Target Goals Cal 1218, Protein 116, Net Carb 20.2, Fat 73.6
    Squat Challenge Day 8 done! 30 regular and 15 curtsy squats on each side
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION

This spoke to me today. :)

rtx3bx9s6mtx.jpg

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,607 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 That's a great graphic! Reminds me of a boss fight in gaming :wink:
    My legs are holding up ok from the squat challenge! I don't struggle with squats too much, now if we were talking lunges that's a different story! And I feel kind of duped when I saw split squats a few days ago :lol:

I had a decent day yesterday, ate some leftover birthday cake which put me in the red on my goal - but still below maintenance calories which is my ultimate aim anyway. I enjoyed a good 40 mins playing Audio Trip on the VR, which got my heart rate up high. Probably wasn't as active as I should have been throughout the day though, I spent a lot of the day on the lounge, building Lego with the toddler! I was given a cute little Hedwig the owl Lego set for my birthday so he "helped" me build it - it's really cool, when you turn a handle, the wings flap! It was heaps of fun to build and share with the toddler, he is obsessed with Lego. I was also given a Fawkes the phoenix set so I will likely build that this weekend too.

AUGUST CHALLENGES
    Tracking: 8/8 days tracked; 5/8 days on target
    Squats: 8/8 days completed
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 159.6
    CW. 158.2

Trying to get my weigh in on time this week (baby steps :-) :-).

I lost a pound and a half, which really surprised me! Not because I haven’t been doing what I wanted to do, I have been on point all week, it just seems that even when I’m doing that, the weight has not been consistently coming off. Losing two weeks in a row is pretty major for me. I have been losing the circumference consistently, just not the weight🤪.
    The dress came in, it is definitely tight. It definitely gives me incentive to lose some air in that spare tire around my midriff 🤣.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @digger61 I hope your healing is going well. Keeping track of my eating helps me for sure. Good luck!

@TeresaW1020 I think I will try doubletracking, thanks. I think, for the most part, I am not eating too many refined carbs. I could not be eating enough protein. Yes, there are definitely areas I can improve on. Thank you for the article, I will check it out! That's good the scale was down a bit. I hope you can do well again today.

@TwistedSassette Yay for a decent day! Here's to another.

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I kept busy so I was not snacking as much and I meal prepped my breakfasts for the week. Have a good day!

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Target Goals—Cal: 1,520, Pro: 76 gm., Carbs 190 gm., Fat 76 gm.

August 1
    Cal 1287, Carb 100, Protein 88, Fat 74
    August 2
    Cal 1,543, Carb 130, Protein 141, Fat 136
    August 3
    Cal 1,682, Carb 167, Protein 134, Fat 134
    August 4
    Cal 1,670, Carb 202, Protein 49, Fat 75
    August 5
    Cal 1,049, Carb 112, Protein 26, Fat 56
    August 6
    Cal 1,483, Carb 167, Protein 52, Fat 70
    August 7
    Cal 1,657, Carb 132, Protein 74, Fat 96
    August 8
    Cal 1,068, Carb 104, Protein 82, Fat 81

Thanks again for the advice. I'm working on it. Will make a store run today. :p
  • askewcr
    Options
    I downloaded Carb Manager. I will give it a try for a season to see how well I will do. The site looks good! Love all of the info and choices. Let's go get it!! B)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Slims! Just read all of the posts from the weekend. Thinking about all of you- your victories and your struggles.

I feel a slide coming on. Weight was up a bit this week. I feel stressy getting ready to move the kiddos. Most nights I am waking up at 2:30 am and staying awake until after 4 am. I did not use my resistance muscle very well over the weekend even though I know that keeping weekends reasonable improves my results. I've told myself that I am saying NOPE to gaining right now, but my actions are not aligning with that goal.

So. I will: Start tracking again. Complete my planned workouts even if I am tired. Be kind to myself. Not be disappointed with myself. Eat more veggies to stay full. Eat foods that I know align with my goals. DON'T eat food that do not align with my goals. Practice relaxation techniques to help me get back to sleep at night. Post my progress here more often.

This should help me say NOPE to gaining back weight I've already lost. I'm OK if I stay put for the next week or two, but NO GAINS!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Yeah I hear you about those split squats and the side squats. Who are they trying to fool? Like we don’t know a lunge when we do one! :D How fun to get to show your little man the joys of Legos. When I once visited my husband’s grandson, who was six at the time, he was playing Legos and I thought I would help. It was a very complicated set and he finally put his hand on mine and suggested that I should just watch. So, I did! :D

@laurelfit57 Congrats on a great week! Keep your focus on the dress and it will fit perfectly when it’s time. :)

@trooworld Yeah, double-tracking can be a pain but it also can be really eye opening. Especially with those 0 point foods. ;)

@askewcr I love Carb Manager and think it’s far superior to MFP. Just remember to try to add foods that are not member foods because those might not always be correct. Of course, that is the same for MFP too. :)

@Cornanda You have great resolve and good goals to help you get the scale moving again. I know I harp on it a lot around here but along with the veggies, make sure you are eating enough lean protein. That will keep you feeling the most satisfied and less likely to snack on junk you don’t need. And get some rest!! <3

Hi Team! It was a good Monday! I did well with my eating but went a little over on the carbs, but it was all veggies, so I don’t mind that. My workout was a full body with weights, and I did my squat challenge. My knees are feeling a bit tired, so I hope they can hold out. I won’t do it if they really start hurting. I did the grocery shopping today and then hubby and I went to Sams for all the needed supplies we buy there plus new sheets for our bed. I also got my car washed so it's all shiny new looking again! :grin:

Target Goals Cal 1093, Protein 118.3, Net Carb 37.2, Fat 54.9
    Squat Challenge Day 9 done! 35 regular and 35 plie squats
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Monday

42 min walk
    44 min step aerobic workout
    Bonus- swam tonight
    all food tracked
    Good food choices

:):):)B)
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I'm all about protein!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,607 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Great weigh in!

@Cornanda I also need to flex my resistance muscle - it's waning!!

@TeresaW1020 Awww that's cute! Like he didn't want to hurt your feelings. The other day I was rolling a toy tyre across the floor with my little guy and it crashed into the wall, he looked up at me and said "nice try, Mummy" :lol:

I didn't have a great day yesterday. I have come down with a cold, and felt miserable all evening so I didn't end up doing any exercise aside from the squat challenge. We had takeaway for dinner and I ate too much. On the bright side I feel a lot better this morning after a good night's sleep. I will need to go for a covid test this afternoon as I can't go back to work without a negative test.

AUGUST CHALLENGES
    Tracking: 9/9 days tracked; 5/9 days on target
    Squats: 9/9 days completed
  • askewcr
    Options
    Target Goals—Cal: 1,520, Pro: 76 gm., Carbs 190 gm., Fat 76 gm.

August 1
    Cal 1287, Carb 100, Protein 88, Fat 74
    August 2
    Cal 1,543, Carb 130, Protein 141, Fat 136
    August 3
    Cal 1,682, Carb 167, Protein 134, Fat 134
    August 4
    Cal 1,670, Carb 202, Protein 49, Fat 75
    August 5
    Cal 1,049, Carb 112, Protein 26, Fat 56
    August 6
    Cal 1,483, Carb 167, Protein 52, Fat 70
    August 7
    Cal 1,657, Carb 132, Protein 74, Fat 96
    August 8
    Cal 1,068, Carb 104, Protein 82, Fat 81
    August
    Cal 1,333, Carb 126, Protein 60, Fat 68
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Cornanda I'm sorry about the stress and not sleeping well. You sound like you have a good plan. You had a great day yesterday, way to turn it around! Hugs to you!

@TeresaW1020 So far, so good. I'm glad to hear you are going to listen to your body with your knees.

@TwistedSassette Bummer about the cold. I'm impressed you still did the squat challenge when you were feeling bad. I'm glad you are feeling better and I hope your test is negative.

Hi all. I did better yesterday, the only snacks I had were a piece of light string cheese, mango slices, and 2 sugar-free miniature Reese's peanut butter cups. Need to repeat that performance today. :)

• trooworld
    Options
    Just a reminder for everyone (me included!)...

015o4bk9589n.png
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    WEEK TWO CHALLENGE IS UP! ZERO TO HERO

yfph5kl5x16b.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    AT LAST THE AUGUST WEEK ONE RESULTS YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR! It is the season for construction delays, after all...
    6462n5i2qheb.jpg

b30lwi1zrewg.png
    7fz4upkozabc.png

TOP TEAMS BY PERCENTAGE
    qq9es9m9nja9.png

TOP TEAMS BY POUNDS LOST
    v1nxax1akzwz.png

TOP INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    tbwiyf8jbefb.png

TOP INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    urhndh4bu5b2.png

vx73c0960iz3.png

YOUR TEAM'S TOP LOSERS!
    oyyjxhlr26ij.png
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @ddavidji82 Congrats on making the leaderboard this week with your 8.0 lb. loss!! B) Also to @Jwhitegarcia and @renaegry for coming in 2nd and 3rd place for our Team Slimpossibles!!! :)

@Cornanda Good, I’m glad you agree with me about protein! :grin: And look at you making all those good choices! B)

@TwistedSassette Oh I am sorry that you have a cold and feel lousy! I hope that the test is negative. Take care of yourself until you know and feel back to normal. <3 Kids are so cute!!

@trooworld Glad you had a better day with your snacks. Love the graphic! :)

Hi Team! Today has been pretty good. I did some computer work for the church. I sure wish I understood Word Press better or could find a good church person to take over that chore for me. My workout was good. I pushed play on Barre Blend which I haven’t done in a while. I liked it and was surprised at how well I did and how much of a burn that program gives me. Starting tomorrow I am going to do 8 weeks of Barre Blend and I plan to incorporate the weightlifting portion of another program called LIIFT4. It will be a push, but I think I’m ready for it. And of course, there is that crazy squat challenge that I’m determined to slay this month. :grin:

Target Goals Cal 1156, Protein 93.9, Net Carb 24, Fat 74
    Squat Challenge Day 10 done! 40 regular and 20 split squats on each leg
This discussion has been closed.