Mission Slimpossible - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! Well, I am sorry to report that I’m very sure that what I thought was cold has turned into Covid. I woke up this morning with no smell or taste and my head pounding. I have body aches as well, but no sore throat or cough. I should get my test results in the next 24 to 48 hours. So, I’m in quarantine with my family and praying that they don’t come down with it. Thankfully we are all vaccinated so if they do get it, hopefully, it would be mild like my case seems to be right now. I had to do my staff meeting on Zoom and tell them that I will not be organizing the potluck breakfast this Sunday. They will just have to figure it out. In other news, since I can’t taste anything, I’m not super motivated to eat, so hopefully my weigh-in tomorrow will be something to smile about. :grin:

AUGUST TRACKING CHALLENGE
    Target Goals—Cal: 1250, Pro: 95 gm., Total Carbs 30 gm., Fat 85 gm.
    Tracked I pre-tracked today
    Target Goals Cal 1383, Protein 115.2, Total Carb 29, Fat 72.4
    Squat Challenge I’m giving it for this month or at least until I’m back to feeling 100% again.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 i am so sorry to hear that you have Covid!! So very grateful that you are vaccinated!! I’m hoping the head pounding leaves soon♥️
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,607 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Sounds like that rest will be well-deserved!! Best of luck with the move.

@TeresaW1020 It's so frustrating when you are ill and can't do the things you think you should be able to, isn't it?! Bailing on the church kids sounds like a good idea - not only avoiding the pizza but also making sure the kids don't catch your cold. Take it easy and let your body heal.
    Ok now I just read your later post - and it's lucky that you did cancel on the church kids! So sorry that you may have covid. Wishing you a super speedy recovery, and hoping the best for your family and church community that nobody else has contracted it. Do you know where you may have picked it up?

@askewcr "I am the miracle I've been looking for" - I love it!

@Katmary71 Sending you a big, cozy virtual hug. Sounds like you have a whole lot going on at the moment, so it's great that you were able to stay calm in the face of adversity.

@trooworld I love hearing about the things you cook, the chicken sounds incredible!

@laurelfit Nice loss :smile:

Hubby finally got his result yesterday - negative, as we expected. I hadn't realised how much anxiety I was holding over that, so it was a real relief when he finally go the result.

Aside from that, not much to update here. Working from home has me eating more, so I need to stop that!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Target Goals—Cal: 1,520, Pro: 76 gm., Total Carbs 190 gm., Fat 51 gm.

8/19/21 Cal 1322, Protein 70, Carb 64, Fat 75

I had a good day today. We practiced for the dance today which will be held Saturday. Praying for safety against COVID since it is a big to-do. My eating was better today so that's a blessing. Word for this season: "I am the miracle I've been looking for." I'm still chewing on that one. B)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Those chicken breasts sound amazing!

@laurelfit57 Glad you're having fun with your company! Way to go on losing a pound!

@TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry to hear you may have COVID, prayers for a quick recovery, your plate just got real full!

@TwistedSassette So glad your hubby is negative!

@askewcr What kind of dance is it? Square dance? A dance sounds fun! I love your motto now!

I'm about to head to bed, I have Walmart pickup in the morning for cat stuff then meeting a friend for lunch. Things are tense at home because I'm waiting for my ex to move, we got into it tonight but he tried to "be friends", I just want him out to be honest. I'm going to take a lot of pictures of his kitties, I'll really miss them. Not much else going on, had some labs done and watered at the food bank twice, not feeling too hot so hoping for a full night's sleep. Take care everyone.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 265
    CW: 264
    LTD: 36
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW:214.9
    CW:216.0
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 179.8
    CW: 177.6
    LTD: 86.8
    Month +/-: 4.6

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss! Busy can be good. It sounds like you had the good kind. :) That's a good strategy you have for the potlucks/eating out.

@TeresaW1020 Oh dear. I'm glad you are all vaccinated so hopefully it will be mild. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Congrats on the loss.

@TwistedSassette It was, my husband loved the whole meal! I'm glad your hubby's results were negative. Working from home can be a challenge like that. Does it help to pretrack your day and then say, "I'm only eating what is on my plan"?

@askewcr That's a good one to chew.

@Katmary71 They were really good, I highly recommend them! That must be really hard having someone in the house that you don't want there. Especially a romantic partner. I hope he goes soon.

@davors19 Well done!

Hi all. Boxing class last night was great. I'm getting to know the regulars and they are welcoming me into the tribe with open arms. I ate pretty well yesterday: no snacks except for a single-sized bag of Funyuns. I had a nice salad for dinner. I'm glad it's Friday, I need a work break!

TRACKING CHALLENGE: Tracked 100% yesterday, 100% pre-tracked today.
    My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Username:Renaegry
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday (changed from Thursday)
    PW:159.2
    CW: 162.4

Going in the wrong direction. Things will start to turn around next week. At least I have been getting my 5 km walks in at least 3 days a week. That’s a start
  • Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Username: Lulu_jo
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 277 (1/15/21)
    PW: 211
    CW: 207🎉

Started really focusing on my water intake. I spend half my day in the bathroom🤦... But it's helping.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 7/28:225.2
    Check in weight (8/4/2021): 226.6
    Check in weight (8/11/2021):227.4
    Check in weight (8/18/2021):226.4
    Check in weight (8/25/2021:
    Check in weight (7/28/2021):
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Thank you! I’m grateful that I’m vaccinated too and that my symptoms are manageable. :)

@TwistedSassette Yeah, I’m happy that I canceled with the kids too and honestly mad at myself for not immediately going for a test, even though the first few days I didn’t have any of the typical Covid symptoms. I don’t know where I picked it up. There is a family in our church that got diagnosed on Monday and I was talking to the mother for just a moment on Sunday. But I don’t know. I’m so glad that your hubby is negative! I know it’s hard to not eat more when you are home all day. Maybe try pre-tracking your meals or at least your snacks and being strict with yourself about sticking to what you planned for. :)

@askewcr Thank you for the prayers. You did eat was much better! Keep it up. o:)

@Katmary71 Thank you! I’m sorry things are so tense with your ex and I hope he does just leave peacefully and let you get on with your life. I know you will miss the kitties. Have you considered getting a new cat once he leaves? It’s a running joke with my friends that if my hubby dies, they are to bring me a kitten to help me with my grief. Hubby doesn’t like cats and I love them! :grin:

@trooworld Thanks, it sucks and I just want to be back to feeling normal. I am so happy that the boxing class is so welcoming to you. Having that kind of support is what will keep you going every week. Mmmm Funyuns are the devil, but they are a tasty one! >:)

@renaegry You just need to get back into a normal routine that doesn’t involve having so much fun at the lake. :grin:

@Lulu_jo Wow great loss this week! I agree that getting in enough water is magic. :)

Hi Team! Well, I didn’t get my results back yet and that is annoying but it’s OK. I’m still pretty sure it will be positive. I feel ok other than being tired and having no smell and very limited tastebuds. It’s soooo weird but maybe a good thing because I really don’t care about what I eat as long as it takes care of my hunger. I made sloppy Joe’s tonight and had to have my hubby taste it to make sure it was seasoned correctly. :grin: I was happy to lose 2.2 lbs this week! I’ve really been working on keeping to my calories and macros. Of course, I haven’t worked out at all and I imagine that might be why my weight is dropping faster than normal. Once I’m back to lifting weights it will for sure slow backdown. :)

Target Goals—Cal: 1350, Pro: 95 gm., Total Carbs 50 gm., Fat 85 gm.
    Tracked I pre-tracked today
    Target Goals Cal 1215, Protein 130.4 Total Carb 29.6, Fat 64.9
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cherrymajoni
    Friday
    PW 249.2lbs
    CW 250.0
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 218.6
    CW: 218.2
    LTD: 29.4
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Lulu_jo Congrats! I also find when I concentrate on water that I have more success. Not only on the scale, but I find I snack less.

@leonadixon Well done!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you. Yes, I agree about the support and that Funyuns are the devil! Those do sound like annoying symptoms. I would hate not having a sense of smell or taste. You had a great loss this week.

Hello all. I had a small loss this week which is better than a gain but I can do better. This week, I have a lot of low-points recipes planned so it should be easier to stay on track. No boxing class today for me, I've got a bunch of stuff to do. But I'll go tomorrow.

TRACKING CHALLENGE: Tracked 100% yesterday, 100% pre-tracked today.
    My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Jwhitegarcia
    Jwhitegarcia Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Jwhitegarcia
    Weigh in Saturday
    PW: 147.8
    CW:148.5

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    August week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 212
    CW: 212
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 175.2
    CW: 174.6

LTD: 16.5
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm back and I survived the move! It actually went pretty well. Need to get caught up on posts- will be back in touch tomorrow.

Prayers for you AND your hubs now @TeresaW1020
This discussion has been closed.