TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• atareid14
    atareid14 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi all, look forward to the challenge! 👍😊
  • StarfishK
    StarfishK Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm new!! My name is Kim and I'm excited to join!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hey all! My name is Amber! I can’t wait to rock September with everyone! 😊🦋
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT and a warm welcome to our newcomers!!

Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, (Mini Challenge), or the MUAC. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, the Ultimate Accountability Challenge or the UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc). At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on calories in and calories out.

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently?!

The September Challenge and the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge start on Sunday August 29th.

• atareid14
    Options
    user name = atareid14
    Date = Sunday August 29, 2021
    Logged in food = Yes
    Under calories = Yes
    Water = 48 oz
    Exercise = Yes (40min cardio, bike & treadmill)
    Steps = 425 (could’ve done more steps, lazy day)
    :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    atareid14 wrote: »
    user name = atareid14
    Logged in food = Yes
    Under calories = Yes
    Water = 48 oz

Hello, @atareid14. You must be half way around the globe from me as I am barely finished my first coffee of the day and your day is already wrapped up! (And it was a good one!) I am in Ontario, Canada, about 1 and a half to 2 hours from Toronto.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    It is absolutely pouring down rain out there right now; I am glad I am indoors and that I got my walk in earlier. My husband, though, is currently golfing...I hope he brought an umbrella!

We have five new members assigned to team TBBT this month. I would like to extend a warm welcome to:

@Vmarston1 @kristiekay1962 @atareid14 @StarfishK (Kim) and @ashleymullo6195

If you are feeling so inclined, post a quick introduction so that we can get to know you a little better! If you would rather sit back and get the lay of the land first, that is okay, too!

I would encourage our existing members to pop by the thread and introduce yourselves:

@Krysless2 @gamommy2 @prehistoricmoongoddess (currently vacationing) @rawrxamberx @brandi_84 @CycleMomOf3 @DaffyGirl88 @mooreshelly09 @murdog3t and @thedestar

This will help to make the newcomers feel more welcome and to increase the chatter and energy level around here! I am trying to do everything I can to help ensure success stories, both as individuals and as a team!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @Vmarston1 Today is Sunday and it is also your weigh-in day. At your earliest convenience, please post your current weight in this thread. If you forgot to weigh yourself this morning, that is okay; just do it Monday morning instead this week!
  • kristiekay1962
    kristiekay1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It's noon here, and I tend to post late in the evening, so will post wt tomorrow and the other at around 10 pm tonight. Not sure if I know anyone from Spartpeople, but I was a weight warrior and was in many 5 % challenges over the past two years. Hi, to every one and looking forward to this challenge and being a TBBT.
  • kristiekay1962
    Options
    I guess I messed up, thought I was on the 5 % challenge, but it's the BLC, I was a Crimson Butterfly. I have actually done both challenges at the same time and have signed up for both again here on MFP. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Let's do this, good weight loss everyone, WE CAN DO IT. :)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Date: 08/28
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 6386
    Water: 128

Just for today : 08/29, keto day 1, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 18hr IF , read bible plan , read 2 chapters📚, Daily calm, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hr, church ⛪️ on line

Yesterday: 08/28, keto day 1👎🏻, 6000steps🚶‍♀️👍🏻, 18hr IF 👍🏻, read bible plan👎🏻 , read 2 chapters📚👎🏻, Daily calm👎🏻, walk 30 min👎🏻, sleep 8 hr👎🏻, PT 👎🏻, PVD plank day 👎🏻

Happy Sunday I am Tami live in northern California (around) all the wild fires 🔥. Air quality is poor and I am doing my best to exercise early in the morning. My diet sucks right now (not motivated to stick to anything) . Have to get motivated……

I would like to do step challenge 49000 weekly and water challenge

We Have a wonderful team here welcome to the new comers
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey hey I'm new and excited to try the Septemeber challenge x
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm Ashley from Liverpool

Today 29/08
    Weigh in 11st 3lb
    Excersize yes
    Logged food yes
    Calorie limit yes not under calories
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I'm Ashley from Liverpool

Today 29/08
    Weigh in 11st 3lb
    Excersize yes
    Logged food yes
    Calorie limit yes not under calories

@ashleymullo6195 Hey, Ashley. I am a little confused by your post. Were you in the green, deficit, "under" range of your calories, or were you in the red "over" range? And just so you are clear, your weigh-in day is Saturday, so 11st 3lb (157 lbs) is your starting weight for this challenge. Your first official weigh-in will be on Saturday, September 4th.
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 1,000
  • atareid14
    Options
    Kia Ora everyone! 😊
    It’s 1:12pm In New Zealand, Auckland and we are currently in lockdown. We are awaiting news at 4:00pm to see if our alert levels will go down or stay as is. This is going into the 3rd week and besides working from home, I’m taking the time to shed those kilos, and eating better. I have been in challenges as I find I am more motivated when I am in one.
    All the best to TBBT team! Whoop whoop 🙌
  • atareid14
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    atareid14 wrote: »
    user name = atareid14
    Logged in food = Yes
    Under calories = Yes
    Water = 48 oz

Hello, @atareid14. You must be half way around the globe from me as I am barely finished my first coffee of the day and your day is already wrapped up! (And it was a good one!) I am in Ontario, Canada, about 1 and a half to 2 hours from Toronto.

• atareid14
    Options
    Kia Ora!
    Yes I am 😊
    I love my coffee, however I do try to also drink green tea.
    I’m trying to limit my coffee intake though as sometimes I can go a bit overboard! 😁
  • kristiekay1962
    Options
    kristiekay1962
    August 29
    logged food: Yes
    under calories: No
    water: 8 glasses
    Exercise: 32 minutes (walk & stretching)
    Steps: 13053
This discussion has been closed.