Trimstones - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    For the Captain’s Challenge - Week One I will be working on Calorie Counting. I plan to log every bite that passes my lips for the week. And if it can be weighed/measured, I will be weighing/measuring it. I truly believe that accountability is the key, and I sometimes fall into the trap of trying to “cheat the system” by not being honest about what I’m eating. All that allows me do is to cheat myself. We’ve got this Team - let’s do it!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    0urwfg786ehb.jpg
    Hey Trimstones ....You have a new member joining you ...Please welcome @shell2is :)

Welcome
    @shell2is
    @GSAllumbaugh
    @kcpond (welcome back!)
    to Team TrimStones! I'm your Captain, Jessica and I'm glad you found us! Take a few minutes and read back through some of the September thread and if you have any questions, just post in the chatroom. The new month begins on Sunday, Oct 3rd and then you will begin posting your weekly weigh ins on the day of week you listed in Registration. Please use the format:

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

If you're a walk/run fanatic, please consider joining our Step Challenge. You can find the step chart just below the main weigh in chart, both of which are off the main Fat2Fit page. If you want to sign up for the step challenge, just post here or send me an private message and let me know your intention, your daily step goal and tell me where your favorite place is to walk. That's it!

When you get a chance, post and tell us a little about who you are, what your goals are and share a little about your successes and struggles. The more you use this group, the more you'll get out of it. We just began a new Captain's Challenge yesterday and you're welcome to jump on that band wagon...instructions are on page 15 of this thread.

Again, welcome! Good luck in October!
    Jessica
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team :)@shell2is

Yukie86 Steps update:
    9/23 - 7228
    9/24 - 7945
    9/25 - 3195
    9/26 - 2655
    ** Really low step count over the weekend - I was mainly tied to my PC to take my practice and Final exams which were pretty intense. But they are now done/over with - I passed!

This week planning to re-gain focus and utilize the time I had been studying (in the wee hours of the morning before work) to incorporate some physical activity.

For the Captains challenge week 1: Increase my daily step count (prev 5K) to 6,500

j4mvscbx1erw.png
  • Waifer003
    Options
    yukie86 wrote: »
    Welcome to the team :)@shell2is

Yukie86 Steps update:
    9/23 - 7228
    9/24 - 7945
    9/25 - 3195
    9/26 - 2655
    ** Really low step count over the weekend - I was mainly tied to my PC to take my practice and Final exams which were pretty intense. But they are now done/over with - I passed!

This week planning to re-gain focus and utilize the time I had been studying (in the wee hours of the morning before work) to incorporate some physical activity.

For the Captains challenge week 1: Increase my daily step count (prev 5K) to 6,500

j4mvscbx1erw.png

Congratulations on passing your exams!!!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    I had a really good day today...knee is still a little sore from my walking excessively on Saturday, but I was trying to finish go mileage goal for the month of Sept and I did! I walked 25 miles of intentional walking this month...did 22 last month and 20 in July...next month, I'll be going for 28...working my way up a little at a time so as not to overwhelm these joints. I also wanted to hit 10k steps on Saturday...LOL nearly hit 11k! Go big or go home, right?!

Got a lot of work stuff done today...kept up with the emails, did some research...productive day.

Hope all of you had productive and good days as well.
    Jessica :smile:
  • Yukie_OP
    Options
    @Waifer003 thank you :)

@jessicakrall8 Way to go on making your 25 miles! I'm hoping to inch my way up to a higher daily step count as well.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I had a really good day today...knee is still a little sore from my walking excessively on Saturday, but I was trying to finish go mileage goal for the month of Sept and I did! I walked 25 miles of intentional walking this month...did 22 last month and 20 in July...next month, I'll be going for 28...working my way up a little at a time so as not to overwhelm these joints. I also wanted to hit 10k steps on Saturday...LOL nearly hit 11k! Go big or go home, right?!

Got a lot of work stuff done today...kept up with the emails, did some research...productive day.

Hope all of you had productive and good days as well.

Congratulations on making your goal.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Monday, September 27
    • Exercise: gym
    • Net calories: 1327
    • Water: 3450 ml
    • Steps: 9.719 / 7.500
    • Vitamins: yes
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. Another Monday, another gym day. I started a new training schedule. It was supposed to be next week, but he got the dates mixed up. Not a problem, though I miss my benchpress; I liked that one a lot. New schedule is always brutal and I am sore in a lot of places this morning. Thankfully, this is usually only 1 or 2 times. It's amazing how fast the body adjusts. I was still pretty hungry after I ate all my planned food for the day. Considering I also had the choir in the evening which made my day very long, I decided to eat some more. I was 10 calories under my max, so it just about fit! Super exhausted today. Going to the store a bit later and look for a new battery for my scale because it's low.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    Options
    Hi TS's...You have another new member joining you..... Please welcome @GSAllumbaugh :)
  • Yukie_OP
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 - Woo! you're doing great !

Happy Tuesday everyone...
    8lx7wyggrjxu.png
    - crosswords is something my daughter enjoys so it's fun to do them together, she hasn't yet been introduced to Sudoku
    - Used to think Egyptian cotton was supreme until I was gifted flannel sheets (soo cozy and surprisingly don't feel hot in the summertime)
    - Dressing up is fun and feels great… but it’s so much work, who’s go time for all that?
    - spaceship because … sounds more adventurous than a castle
    - I’m a planner for sure. Spontaneity is a fun surprise, but If I’m aware of what’s coming up my instinct is to try to maximize the time/experience by planning in advance.
    - Vacation I love to experience new places/experiences/adventures. I’m home when not at work – it just makes me think of all the chores/projects that need to get done
  • Waifer003
    Options
    v6e2ltokzvqo.jpeg

My only comment on this one is VACATION not staycation. Two years of staycations are getting to be a bit tiresome 🤪
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Excited to join the team!!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options

Suddenly @GSAllumbaugh, I want to guess what the G stands for...LOL! Welcome...please read up as I added you to the welcome I did yesterday and it's filled with information you'll need.

Looking forward to watching you hit your goals!
  • ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My commit for this week is to write journal every day =)
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    It's Wednesday morning now, and I am still insanely sore. Going to be interesting at the gym in a few hours. I have no idea how I will manage doing some of the exercises. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow.

Glad to hear you are having such a good day. It's awesome you are back on track! :smiley:
    Eating only twice a day sounds really rough to me! I would be ready to eat all the things at meal 2.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 Please report in and let us know you're ok Izzy...I think you're back from Greece, but given the earthquake that occurred, I'd like to confirm you're safe!! Please take care!
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8 Thank you so much for your concern,but I'm ok.I saw the earthquake in Crete on the greek news ☹.It was felt in Santorini apparently but we were on Paros a bit further away.We didn't feel anything,thankfully.
    We got home late last night after 2 flights & a long wait at Athens Airport.There is a fuel crisis in the UK but thank goodness my nephew had some petrol in his car & kindly picked us up at the airport.
    I couldn't sleep when I got home as my feet were freezing.Gone from 26C to 10 😱.
    Time to get back on it after holiday over indulgence.
    Great to read all the posts from the team.
    You're doing great Jessica.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Suddenly @GSAllumbaugh, I want to guess what the G stands for...LOL! Welcome...please read up as I added you to the welcome I did yesterday and it's filled with information you'll need.

Looking forward to watching you hit your goals!

@jessicakrall8 I wish it was more exciting - but GS are my initials! Geneva, but you all can call me Gin!
    I know that I'm not in the September challenge, but I thought I would give you my steps for the last week:
    September 24 - 5,290
    September 25 - 4,330
    September 26 - 3,149
    September 27 - 3,586
    September 29 - 6,921

For the Captain's Challenge this week, my goal is to journal/log my food. I have not done that regularly and it shows. I'm also a type 2 diabetic, controlled with medicine and diet and in April I started using a dexcom and really watched my food and added exercise and have lost about 20 pounds and brought my A1C from a 7.6 to a 6.1 which my doctor said was "almost normal." I've hit a few bumps and I know that this group is exactly what I need to keep going. I'm looking forward to "meeting" all of you!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    Options
    You have another new member joining you ... Please welcome @kcpond :)
This discussion has been closed.