Trimstones - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    So, since I am a new member here, actually a returning member, but either way I thought I should introduce myself. I work in the IT field, usually at a desk so I don't always get alot of exercise as part of my job. In the past, I have been fairly active outside of work, I used to ride bike to work and go for walks at lunch hour. But because of Covid, I have been working from home and as a result, the amount of exercise went down. So of course, my weight went up. I am now trying to lose the extra weight I put on because of Covid.

I tend to walk and ride a bike for exercise. In winter I like to use snowshoes and ice skate.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    To all of our newbies, please go back to pg 17 of this thread and read the big WELCOME message for important and helpful information. If you have any questions, please let me know...I'll help if I can. If I don't know an answer, someone on the team will pop up or I'll quiz our Moderators for more info...we'll find it somehow! Glad to see my fellow IT professional, @kcpond coming back...hope all is well!

How's everyone doing on the Captain's Challenge this week? What challenges have you run into? What things are going REALLY WELL this week?! Chime in and let us know...

Jessica :smile:
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yukie86
    Worked from home today (Wed) because my daughter is sick (so no school 4her) and it definitely was hit to my water intake and step count. I routinely drink much more water at the office which also gets me up and walking to the water cooler and to the facilities. No lunch walk either because i felt obligated to be glued to my pc and available.

- Need to make it up by walking on the treadmill this evening.

Step count for past few days:
    9/27 -8807
    9/28 - 6289
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling. I hope you find a way to feel better soon.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, September 29
    • Exercise: gym
    • Net calories: 731
    • Water: 3150 ml
    • Steps: 7.774 / 7.500
    • Vitamins: yes
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. Despite my soreness, the gym actually went alright. The only things I slacked on a bit were the kettlebell swing and another squatty thing. I feel much less sore now, and I expect I will be back to normal by tomorrow. It has been raining almost non stop here on Wednesday, so I didn't go out with my cat a lot, which means a really low step count for a gym day.

@CasandraW
    Thank you! I am not doing too badly, just one day that wasn't great. :smile:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    Options
    You have another member joining you ... Please welcome @ncfitbit :)
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    You have another member joining you ... Please welcome @ncfitbit :)

dptf71geerce.jpg

Hi @Ncfitbit and welcome to TrimStones!! Glad you found us. I'm Jessica, your Captain. Please take a few minutes and go back through page 16,17 and find the welcome message in this chat thread...there's lots of important information you may need in it. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Also, take a few minutes and introduce yourself to the team. Tell us a little about what you hope to achieve during October and going forward. We hope you're successful! Just a little advice...the more you use the team and support others, the more you'll get out of it yourself...again, welcome and looking forward to watching your achievements pile up!

Take care,
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    On our way home from Vegas today. Negative Covid tests came back yesterday, I wasn’t really worried but still a relief. No contingency plans needed. :)
    We had a good and busy time, we had a work trade show and made time for some fun too. Went to Gordon Ramsey pub and grill one night to try his beef Wellington. It did not disappoint. Took in a Raiders NFL game from great seats. We walked 20,000+ steps everyday, Saturday- Wednesday. My calf and shins are a bit sore but otherwise feeling good.
    Interested to see what my weigh in is like on Saturday, I’m sure there is water retention, I can feel it in my hands. Not looking forward to the colder weather back home though.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    0urwfg786ehb.jpg
    Hey Trimstones ....You have a new member joining you ...Please welcome @shell2is :)

Welcome
    @shell2is
    @GSAllumbaugh
    @kcpond (welcome back!)
    to Team TrimStones! I'm your Captain, Jessica and I'm glad you found us! Take a few minutes and read back through some of the September thread and if you have any questions, just post in the chatroom. The new month begins on Sunday, Oct 3rd and then you will begin posting your weekly weigh ins on the day of week you listed in Registration. Please use the format:

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

If you're a walk/run fanatic, please consider joining our Step Challenge. You can find the step chart just below the main weigh in chart, both of which are off the main Fat2Fit page. If you want to sign up for the step challenge, just post here or send me an private message and let me know your intention, your daily step goal and tell me where your favorite place is to walk. That's it!

When you get a chance, post and tell us a little about who you are, what your goals are and share a little about your successes and struggles. The more you use this group, the more you'll get out of it. We just began a new Captain's Challenge yesterday and you're welcome to jump on that band wagon...instructions are on page 15 of this thread.

Again, welcome! Good luck in October!
    Jessica

Thanks @jessicakrall8 - I plan to participate in the walk challenge! My favorite place to walk is around the lake that is by my office. I walk with a co-worker and we walk every day at lunch and sometimes after work if we are feeling crazy!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    On our way home from Vegas today. Negative Covid tests came back yesterday, I wasn’t really worried but still a relief. No contingency plans needed. :)
    We had a good and busy time, we had a work trade show and made time for some fun too. Went to Gordon Ramsey pub and grill one night to try his beef Wellington. It did not disappoint. Took in a Raiders NFL game from great seats. We walked 20,000+ steps everyday, Saturday- Wednesday. My calf and shins are a bit sore but otherwise feeling good.
    Interested to see what my weigh in is like on Saturday, I’m sure there is water retention, I can feel it in my hands. Not looking forward to the colder weather back home though.

@CasandraW What exactly do you do (career-wise)? Sounds like you had a nice time. I'm QUITE jealous that you go to go to Gordon Ramsey's restaurant...Beef Wellington is one of my favorites...haven't had it in a long time as it's not a dish you find at restaurants often...I had it on a cruise many moons ago. DELICIOUS! Nice job on the walking!! I bet your muscles will be sore for probably a week! Drink lots of water to wash out the retention...good luck on the weigh-in!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Thanks @jessicakrall8 - I plan to participate in the walk challenge! My favorite place to walk is around the lake that is by my office. I walk with a co-worker and we walk every day at lunch and sometimes after work if we are feeling crazy!

@GSAllumbaugh
    I need your daily step goal please and I'll get you signed up...you can start reporting your steps on Sunday, Oct 3rd when the new month begins in our stats. Good luck Gin!
    Jessica

• GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options

@GSAllumbaugh
    I need your daily step goal please and I'll get you signed up...you can start reporting your steps on Sunday, Oct 3rd when the new month begins in our stats. Good luck Gin!
    Jessica

My step goal is 10,000 per day! Thanks!!!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm a 53-year-old mother of two from North Carolina. I'm originally from Los Angeles, and also lived in the midwest before moving to NC, but I love it here and I especially love that we have four full seasons. I've had a lifelong battle with my weight, but several years back I discovered MFP and lost 24 lbs. I kept most of it off until a few years ago when my weight started creeping back up. The pandemic did not help. I was one of those people who decided to learn how to make sourdough bread and I discovered that even the ugly loaves tasted pretty good.

Years ago worked as school psychologist, but since moving to NC I've stayed at home to be with my kids and be there for my parents. My dad has dementia and he's gotten a lot worse this past year. I think I've been using this as an excuse to stop caring about my weight because it seems like there's always something more important to worry about with him or my mother, but I realize I need to figure out how to time to take care of myself if I want to be a good caregiver to them. If I feel terrible all the time I won't be able to help anyone.

My goal is to get back to tracking daily and losing every week, ideally 4-5 lbs. per month, so that 4 months from now I'm back to where I felt pretty good. I still have more to lose, but I would love to finally reach that goal of 30 lbs. lost and ultimately I want to keep it off and maintain at least that much.

I love to play tennis, but I rely on it too much for exercise and it's not always possible to play so I'd like to join the step challenge. I'd like to set a goal of walking at least 8,000 steps a day, regardless of the weather. I finally got rid of my old, broken treadmill so I'm ready to buy a new one.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Cynthia
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I'm a 53-year-old mother of two from North Carolina. I'm originally from Los Angeles, and also lived in the midwest before moving to NC, but I love it here and I especially love that we have four full seasons. I've had a lifelong battle with my weight, but several years back I discovered MFP and lost 24 lbs. I kept most of it off until a few years ago when my weight started creeping back up. The pandemic did not help. I was one of those people who decided to learn how to make sourdough bread and I discovered that even the ugly loaves tasted pretty good.

Years ago worked as school psychologist, but since moving to NC I've stayed at home to be with my kids and be there for my parents. My dad has dementia and he's gotten a lot worse this past year. I think I've been using this as an excuse to stop caring about my weight because it seems like there's always something more important to worry about with him or my mother, but I realize I need to figure out how to time to take care of myself if I want to be a good caregiver to them. If I feel terrible all the time I won't be able to help anyone.

My goal is to get back to tracking daily and losing every week, ideally 4-5 lbs. per month, so that 4 months from now I'm back to where I felt pretty good. I still have more to lose, but I would love to finally reach that goal of 30 lbs. lost and ultimately I want to keep it off and maintain at least that much.

I love to play tennis, but I rely on it too much for exercise and it's not always possible to play so I'd like to join the step challenge. I'd like to set a goal of walking at least 8,000 steps a day, regardless of the weather. I finally got rid of my old, broken treadmill so I'm ready to buy a new one.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Cynthia

Hi @ncfitbit Cynthia! Welcome to Trim Stones...sounds like you have your hands full and are staying busy! I can relate to what you said about your Dad...I took care of my Mom, who also had dementia (from strokes) for the last 16 years of her life. I lost her in 2011. Caretakers don't get enough credit. Dementia, in itself, is a horrible disease...cruel to all involved...and caretakes often put themselves last...glad that you've realized that and taken steps for self-care...it's SO important. Your team here, will help to support you in your weight loss efforts and we're here whenever you just need a listening ear as well. I live about 20 minutes from the NC border, on the Outer Banks side...about 20 minutes as well from the oceanfront in Virginia Beach, VA. You didn't say what part of NC you're in, but it's a beautiful state...I lived near the Charlotte area at one time as well.

Good luck with your fitness goals...I'm sure you'll reach them. I'm Jessica, your Captain...I'm 55 years young and have been with Trimstones for several years. We have a good group of supportive, caring people. I think you'll like it. Please post often and let us know what we can do to be of help to you. Take care and good luck in October. I've got you registered for the step challenge...

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Thursday, September 30
    • Exercise: no
    • Net calories: 656
    • Water: 2900 ml
    • Steps: 10.968 / 7.500
    • Vitamins: yes
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team and welcome to all the new members! I had a fairly slow Thursday. Instead of doing a workout, I have found I rather use Thursday to catch up on housework. So I vacuumed and mopped and did the dishes instead. I made sure to get some extra stepping in as well.

It's Fridaymorning the 1st of October here now and I have recently gotten into the habit of taking body measurements again. Compared to last month, I lost 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs), 4 centimeters on my chest, belly and hips, and 2 centimeters on my leg. Not bad at all!

@jessicakrall8
    I would like to step again in October, but now with a goal of 8.500 steps a day. The 7.500 was a little bit easy, so time to step it up. :smiley:
  • ellie3285
    ellie3285 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ellie3285
    PW 197.3
    CW 197.3
    Completely forgot to post my weigh in on Monday, I’m still in lock down but this week have had a few days at work. It has been difficult finding motivation to exercise the last few weeks, but it’s a new month so I’ll try again
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My steps
    9/25 7,969
    9/26 8,567
    9/27 11,479
    9/28 11,154
    9/29 10,173
    9/30 8,457
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Ewilhelm2487
    Friday
    PW: 215.9
    CW: 216.9 😭
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star: Hey Team! We have another month-long challenge to help you get the junk out of your diet and focus on whole foods and good health. Join us today!! :)OCTOBER CHALLENGE

rbl0x4caarot.png
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I will particapate in the step challenge starting in October. I will start my goal at 7,000 steps. I will hope to increase that as time goes on, but for now it will be 7,000.
This discussion has been closed.