Options
    Monday, September 20
    • Exercise: gym
    • Net calories: 1043
    • Water: 3500 ml
    • Steps: 9.536 / 7.500
    • Vitamins: yes
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. My Monday started with the gym again. It went alright, my body was feeling fine. Nothing special. I had a lazy afternoon after that. I didn't nap before the choir, so I was super tired and not really in the mood to go. But when I was there, I had a lot of fun. My night was really short so I expect I will have to catch up on sleep sometime today.
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone,
    As part of my “get back to business” plan, I found my Fitbit (tucked away in a drawer) and put it back on. I had taken a break from the step challenge this month but man, was that ever a bad idea. Going to get back to it in October for sure!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @Waifer003 and @Pupowl I weighed about ten days ago and it shocked me. Since then, other than one meal, I've been very careful. The one really good and consistent thing is my walking...I've been doing REALLY well with that...six days a week, 6k steps+ per day and in addition, working towards 25 miles of "intentional" walking for the month. I started the intentional walking with another support group two months ago (20 mil first month, then 22 miles and this month 25). Next month, I plan to do 30 miles. Since recovering from my knee issues in April, I'm building back up slowly, keeping a close eye on swelling and not overdoing things.

In the past ten days, I have dropped quite a bit, so most of what shocked me was likely swelling/water retention. I'm not sure what it is, but as I get close to dropping into twoterville, I always self sabotage. I know there has to be something psychological, but for the life of me, I'm not sure what it is! I want to lose, I know the more I take off, the more my joints will feel relief, I am ready to be able to do more, so why every time that I get close to it, do I screw it up?!

OK, working on it...I wanna do it this time...

Thanks for the kind words and advice guys...let's slay this dragon together ok?!!
    Jessica :wink:

Oh my goodness Jessica I could have written parts of this. Whenever I get down to a certain point I self sabotage. Every freakin time, for like a decade.
    For me I think it’s about feeling like I don’t deserve it, and also about attention. I don’t like to be noticed, and sometimes feel like I can just hide in the background when I’m overweight.
    Sending hugs your way

• ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    v2t68y5hboka.png
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yukie86, step goal: 5k
    9/20 - 5582

Monday evening was derailed by an short- notice volleyball practice for my daughter. So we got home later than normal, so dinner was hardly dinner and bedtime was pushed later which affected my morning so today was just a rushed grab & go meals kinda day. Looking forward to an early bedtime tonight.
  • Waifer003
    Options
    yukie86 wrote: »
    9/20 - 5582

Monday evening was derailed by an short- notice volleyball practice for my daughter. So we got home later than normal, so dinner was hardly dinner and bedtime was pushed later which affected my morning so today was just a rushed grab & go meals kinda day. Looking forward to an early bedtime tonight.

My 17 year old son plays volleyball too. Crazy schedule during school volleyball season - we’re never here at the same time for dinner. So I find the crockpot is getting used all the time. Tonight was crockpot butter chicken.
  • Yukie_OP
    Options
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    yukie86 wrote: »
    9/20 - 5582

My 17 year old son plays volleyball too. Crazy schedule during school volleyball season - we’re never here at the same time for dinner. So I find the crockpot is getting used all the time. Tonight was crockpot butter chicken.

Sounds delish.. i love butter chicken 😋
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, September 21
    • Exercise: restday
    • Net calories: 1117
    • Water: 2850 ml
    • Steps: 7.728 / 7.500
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I was super tired on Tuesday. I got some groceries in the morning. Then later I went to bed for 2,5 hours. I mowed the grass again, hopefully the last time this year. Besides that I just took it easy. I had a really good sleep at night as well, so feeling a little more human today.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My steps
    9/19 10,145
    9/20 6,062
    9/21 7,780
    @jessicakrall8 sorry you've had another struggling week.Like me you have been doing this for a long time so you know what to do.You can do it 🙂 well done with your walking,you will be catching me up soon x

• Yukie_OP
    Options
    I think i had mentioned Tuesday was a mess... welp, my step count reflects it.
    Yukie86
    9/21 - 3832

Not worried, still ate under my calories max and i knew coming into the week it would be a low step count week.

Hope everyone's staying strong & positive.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Wednesday, September 22
    • Exercise: gym
    • Net calories: 1066
    • Water: 2700 ml
    • Steps: 8.392 / 7.500
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. Wednesday was alright. I got a pretty bad headache before going to the gym, so I took a pill which helped a little. Gym went fine. Doing interval at level 2 now for the elliptical. I don't really mind the machine anymore either. I didn't do much the rest of the day. It's getting a bit too cold for my sandals now and I don't have other shoes (except hiking boots) so I decided to order a pair of fluffy wintershoes.

My weight has stayed the same for the past 5 days, but this morning I finally had a tiny loss. I am glad to see it moving again. Hopefully I can get rid of some more before Saturday.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    @pupowl I'm intrigued by "fluffy winter shoes"! Glad your headache went away and sounds like you had a pretty good day!

@yukie86 Glad your day was good, even if steps were down...some days are just unpredictable but it sounds like you planned ahead for it...I on the other hand, didn't have time to pack lunch yesterday as I was running late and did ok when it came time to order something, but it ended up giving me a stomach ache overnight...just can't do pizza like I used to be able to do, but I guess that's a good thing!

@izzyred9400 Nobody will ever catch up to you, but oh is it nice to have that as a goal! :smile:

@Waifer003 Sounds like you're the crockpot queen!! Never heard of butter chicken...care to share your recipe?

Where's everybody else this week?! Chime in and tell us how your week is going...it's ALMOST Friday...

Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Prev-153.6
    Current-156
    Wowza!!!! i think its water retention from starting weight lifting again. I guess time will tell!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    9/20-7,578
    9/21-14,674
    9/22-5,098
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    v81lupifd6zs.jpg

Missing 4 weigh ins so far this week:

@ewilhelm2487
    @Waifer003
    @amydandy40
    @jennifersusanmcdougall

Please post ASAP. Thanks!!

Have a SUPER DUPER Friday!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Yukie_OP
    Options
    Yukie86
    9/22 - 5760

A a better step count on Wed. I had a rather short lunch walk because it was very hot.

Today so far has been great. I'll post info tomorrow once my final steps are accounted for.
  • Waifer003
    Options
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    Waifer003
    Weigh in Day - Monday
    PW - 176
    CW - 177

As disheartening as this is, I’ve had quite the challenging time this past month. Am determined to get my health back to the top of my priority list, and am feeling positive.

Hi @jessicakrall8

Here’s my weigh-in I posted from Monday this week. Thinking you missed it 🙂

Tammy
  • Waifer003
    Options
    @pupowl I'm intrigued by "fluffy winter shoes"! Glad your headache went away and sounds like you had a pretty good day!

@yukie86 Glad your day was good, even if steps were down...some days are just unpredictable but it sounds like you planned ahead for it...I on the other hand, didn't have time to pack lunch yesterday as I was running late and did ok when it came time to order something, but it ended up giving me a stomach ache overnight...just can't do pizza like I used to be able to do, but I guess that's a good thing!

@izzyred9400 Nobody will ever catch up to you, but oh is it nice to have that as a goal! :smile:

@Waifer003 Sounds like you're the crockpot queen!! Never heard of butter chicken...care to share your recipe?

Where's everybody else this week?! Chime in and tell us how your week is going...it's ALMOST Friday...

Jessica

When I get home from my weekend away I’ll find the recipe and post. It’s a family favourite
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Thursday, September 23
    • Exercise: no
    • Net calories: 1085
    • Water: 3050 ml
    • Steps: 8.914 / 7.500
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. Another day with very little energy and a lot of headaches. I only did some housework, which was very rough to get started with, but I am glad everything is clean again. Otherwise been pretty lazy. No nap, and I just slept 9 hours and 27 minutes, a lot! Let's see if that will keep me going today.

I will post a picture of the fluffy boots when I get them. :smile:
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ewilhelm2487
    Friday
    PW: 215.4
    CW: 215.9
This discussion has been closed.