Trimstones - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Hi all, seems like a lot of the team are facing tough challenges just try to keep focused on your goals. Its hard not to let your emotions spoil your food choices. Also for some the scales are moving in the right direction which is great.
    @jessicakrall8 I think when I sent the message to you I said I was on vacation for 3 weeks & would miss 3 weigh ins.

My steps or lack of them. It is super hot here so I've just been lying horizontal under the umbrella on the beach. I've read a lot of books on my kindle. I have my sling off now & managed to swim a little in the sea yesterday. It was wonderful.

Steps
    9/15 11,237
    9/16 8,678
    9/17 6,498
    9/18 7,029

Hi @izzyred9400 Yes, I reported the 3 weeks to the MODS and marked you as excused for three weeks in the spreadsheet. If you're still out of town, please advise how many more weeks are needed.

Thanks for reporting your steps. Take care!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    27e8d29w439a.png

CONGRATS to this week's Trimstones winners!! Great job all! Here's to a great week ahead!
  • napattack9558
    napattack9558 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    27e8d29w439a.png

CONGRATS to this week's Trimstones winners!! Great job all! Here's to a great week ahead!

Whoop! I definitely needed some good news!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi all, seems like a lot of the team are facing tough challenges just try to keep focused on your goals. Its hard not to let your emotions spoil your food choices. Also for some the scales are moving in the right direction which is great.
    @jessicakrall8 I think when I sent the message to you I said I was on vacation for 3 weeks & would miss 3 weigh ins.

My steps or lack of them. It is super hot here so I've just been lying horizontal under the umbrella on the beach. I've read a lot of books on my kindle. I have my sling off now & managed to swim a little in the sea yesterday. It was wonderful.

Steps
    9/15 11,237
    9/16 8,678
    9/17 6,498
    9/18 7,029

Hi @izzyred9400 Yes, I reported the 3 weeks to the MODS and marked you as excused for three weeks in the spreadsheet. If you're still out of town, please advise how many more weeks are needed.

Thanks for reporting your steps. Take care!
    Jessica

Hi @jessicakrall8 thank you,I am trying to be careful 😏 I've just had a look at the spreadsheet & realised I won't be home for next weeks weigh in so please excuse me for one more week.We eat out every evening here & lunch aswell I'm dreading getting on the scales when I return home !!!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Sunday, September 19
    • Exercise: dance with Deepti
    • Net calories: 1304
    • Water: 2950 ml
    • Steps: 11.092 / 7.500
    • Vitamins: yes
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. My Sunday felt twice as long as a normal day for some reason. By 17:00 I was ready to go to bed (I didn't of course). I washed and changed my bedsheets, did a dance with Deepti workout and was lazy the rest of the day. I was also hungry constantly, but I managed to keep my calories at an acceptable level.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Sunday, September 19
    • Exercise: dance with Deepti
    • Net calories: 1304
    • Water: 2950 ml
    • Steps: 11.092 / 7.500
    • Vitamins: yes
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. My Sunday felt twice as long as a normal day for some reason. By 17:00 I was ready to go to bed (I didn't of course). I washed and changed my bedsheets, did a dance with Deepti workout and was lazy the rest of the day. I was also hungry constantly, but I managed to keep my calories at an acceptable level.

@Pupowl My day felt long too yesterday...guess we had that in common. I cut my portions down too because I felt like I could eat a moose...ended up with a really great day. Slept well but I'm doing some OT on a special project with work and it's outside my comfort zone so I stressed about that all weekend and dreamed about it every time my eyes closed. SMH...hoping to get some more clarity on it this week so I won't be freaking out over it.

Hope we BOTH have a calm and peaceful week!
    Jessica
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yukie 86: Step goal 5k
    9/18 - 6902
    9/19 - 6750

Hope everyone has a good Monday. This week will be a focus week (double-down on study for upcoming exam) on top of work & family dailies... Got my work cutout for me * especially with the steps, but going to make the effort to maintain.

tichs4xfggsx.png

* Oooh, the Sushi 🍣 vs. Pizza 🍕, now that's hard, i love both but sushi is more of a rarer occurrence given it's pricier than pizza - so it's a luxury choice (and healthier).
    * Camping vs Lux hotel - also hard, roughing it is fun and family friendly, but it's a real treat ✨to be at a nice luxury hotel.

• Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    pdc77a9to4wc.jpeg

I tend towards a Lazy Saturday but always wish afterwards that I had gotten things done. Sushi is my favourite food, although pizza is definitely up there. I agree with @yukie86 that sushi is more of a treat because it’s so rare. Wine gives me a horrible headache, but beer is not my thing. I started taking piano lessons about four years ago. I’m not even close to good at it, but proud of myself for taking on a new challenge. (If my family has to listen to me practicing The Entertainer one more time I think I might be banished lol.). Would give anything for a lovely stay in a luxury hotel right about now. And finally Miraclesuits for the win!
  • Waifer003
    Options
    Waifer003
    Weigh in Day - Monday
    PW - 176
    CW - 177

As disheartening as this is, I’ve had quite the challenging time this past month. Am determined to get my health back to the top of my priority list, and am feeling positive.
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    Waifer003
    Weigh in Day - Monday
    PW - 176
    CW - 177

As disheartening as this is, I’ve had quite the challenging time this past month. Am determined to get my health back to the top of my priority list, and am feeling positive.

Stay strong 💪 I find that during busy or challenging seasons, it is best to focus on one small thing or mini goal (i.e. I will log all my meals (good or bad) today VS. I will log + eat healthy+ work out).

fm9k4tam4phd.png

• Pupowl
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time. The theory of losing weight is so simple, but actually doing it in practice not so much. Maybe you can try to plan cheat days if you don't already. Sometimes they really help keep me going. Also the longer you go without unhealthy foods (which drive thrus tend to be) the easier it becomes to resist them. Your tastebuds also change, so you may not even enjoy those things anymore after a while. Being too restrictive with food doesn't work for me either. It's all about moderation. But you aren't new to this, so you probably already know what works for you. :smile:
    I hope you can get back into your groove. Try to be kind to yourself.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    This group has also helped me a lot. Just having the weigh in day makes me want to do well and see a loss every week. I personally weigh twice a day. It's nice to see that when I do order take out, I can get that weight off in two days, so it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things. And seeing my evening weight gives me an idea of what it will be in the morning, which is pretty interesting. I really like data!
  • Waifer003
    Options
    Life in inherently unfair...I need to vent.

Why is it so freakin easy to gain weight? I swear I could gain 15 pounds in just a few days...it's uncanny...but then why is it so freakin hard to lose even a pound or two?! It's maddening.

Lessons learned:
    1. Staying away from the scale is not the answer to obsessing over the scale.
    2. Going back to eating like a fiend does not help with weight control.
    3. Drive thrus are NOT my friend.
    4. Being fat sucks but being dead is worse.
    5. I can do this...I just have to stop pouting and get back to work.

Me

Jessica - I hear you with the “staying away from the scale is not the secret to obsessing about the scale”. When I’m struggling I tend to stop weighing myself daily. But all that does is make it easier for me to lose accountability. I promised myself this morning that I will weigh in each morning regardless of what kind of day I had the day before. Hopefully it will keep me honest.

Hugs to you! You’ve got this. A bad week should not be an ending - it should be the start of a new motivation.
  • Waifer003
    Options
    yukie86 wrote: »
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    Waifer003
    Weigh in Day - Monday
    PW - 176
    CW - 177

Stay strong 💪 I find that during busy or challenging seasons, it is best to focus on one small thing or mini goal (i.e. I will log all my meals (good or bad) today VS. I will log + eat healthy+ work out).

fm9k4tam4phd.png

That is great advice! I’m going to log every bite this week - good or bad. And I’ll weigh in each morning (again, good or bad).
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @Waifer003 and @Pupowl I weighed about ten days ago and it shocked me. Since then, other than one meal, I've been very careful. The one really good and consistent thing is my walking...I've been doing REALLY well with that...six days a week, 6k steps+ per day and in addition, working towards 25 miles of "intentional" walking for the month. I started the intentional walking with another support group two months ago (20 mil first month, then 22 miles and this month 25). Next month, I plan to do 30 miles. Since recovering from my knee issues in April, I'm building back up slowly, keeping a close eye on swelling and not overdoing things.

In the past ten days, I have dropped quite a bit, so most of what shocked me was likely swelling/water retention. I'm not sure what it is, but as I get close to dropping into twoterville, I always self sabotage. I know there has to be something psychological, but for the life of me, I'm not sure what it is! I want to lose, I know the more I take off, the more my joints will feel relief, I am ready to be able to do more, so why every time that I get close to it, do I screw it up?!

OK, working on it...I wanna do it this time...

Thanks for the kind words and advice guys...let's slay this dragon together ok?!!
    Jessica :wink:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    9/15-9,048
    9/16-7,726
    9/17-8,202
    9/18-8,055
    9/19-15,733
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    laceyf53 wrote: »
    laceyf53
    Friday
    PW: 195.1
    CW: 195.1

I typed a whole reply and then drove my daughter to school and the page reloaded and deleted it all lol.

I lost my motivation end of last month, being on calorie restriction for such a long time wears on you.

I dove back in last week with my plan b which is to order meal plans through the end of the year. I'm using Trifecta, my body has not adapted well to the higher starch veggies they use like carrots, zucchini, squash etc. I actually think I have lost a couple pounds of fat but I am so bloated. My stomach was in knots yesterday. Trying another week and upping my water consumption. The calories of the meals are between 1100-1200 per day. I'm beginning to think my maintenance calories will be around 1200. Trying not to worry about that yet as I'm still many months from my goal, but eating 1200 calories per day I still feel hungry pretty much all the time. Going to ask my doctor about getting prescribed contrave. I will try anything at this point!

I generally don't write much about my personal life. My 5-year-old recently started kinder. I'm sure that's why many people in the group have disappeared. Between getting signed up for art class, after school care, getting in the routine, getting all of the school uniforms, the soccer uniforms, new riding gear, nailing down who's going to drive to soccer practice, school pictures, progress reports, soccer pictures, soccer games on saturdays, there's a parade on Sunday, Spirit gear to buy, dental and doctor appointments to set up, birthday parties, back to school events, multiple fundraisers, and all of this stuff to manage on top of working full-time and being highly stressed out from dieting.

So yay! Happy September everyone. 🤣

@laceyf53 Hope you get regulated in your diet soon...feeling bloated is THE WORST! Also, things will calm down soon, once the new routines with school become "normal"...if there's any such thing as normal now with all the COVID protocols...hoping here in the US that 5-11 yr olds can get vaxxed soon...they're saying by November...that will take some of the pressure off too...everyone is so worried about their kids (and rightfully so)...hope your little one likes kindergarten...how's it going?
    Jessica

Yes the "new normal" is crazy, so glad I chose private school because it's more normal than the alternatives.

My daughter loves Kinder and is thriving. Unfortunately it's 25 minutes driving each way. And they have homework and things we have to work on every night so it feels like a mad scramble from 5-9 to fit everything in and get to sleep on time. She's just starting to learn to read though! It's quite cute.

I've been totally caught up in tax prep and our former tenant filing a police report claiming all sorts of things. Can't talk about it but really bummed and stressed.
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Life in inherently unfair...I need to vent.

Why is it so freakin easy to gain weight? I swear I could gain 15 pounds in just a few days...it's uncanny...but then why is it so freakin hard to lose even a pound or two?! It's maddening.

Lessons learned:
    1. Staying away from the scale is not the answer to obsessing over the scale.
    2. Going back to eating like a fiend does not help with weight control.
    3. Drive thrus are NOT my friend.
    4. Being fat sucks but being dead is worse.
    5. I can do this...I just have to stop pouting and get back to work.

Me

When I was off a couple weeks I went back up to 203. I did a 3 day protein fast where I ate around 800 calories of chicken breast every day for 3 days. I was back to 194 in 3 days. I promise you most of it is water! Still doesn't make it any easier or fun to get rid of. Hang in there we all have those moments!
This discussion has been closed.