Trimstones - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options
minstrelofsarcasm
minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,240 Member
edited September 2021 in Social Groups
1705f69305d08d542cd0c4f37ab51f14.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for September 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!
Β«13456720

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    ket7dj1xemyh.gif

Welcome to TrimStones to our newbies!!

@teresalc304
    @ellie3285
    @PurpleParkerPepper
    @carinanichols4726
    @yukie86
    @babycarrit

September stats begin on Sunday the 29th of August and we're all looking forward to great numbers this month! More importantly than those numbers though, are all of the little changes you'll be making this month...moving more...snacking less...healthier foods...meal planning...journaling...tracking...drinking more water...finding new routines...giving up bad habits...being accountable...finding ways to walk more...new exercise routines...finding a weight loss buddy...setting goals...there are a million of them. Don't try to do them all at once...just make new small changes when you're ready. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Let your team know what we can do to help...participate in our discussions, post questions, share recipes and most of all, SHARE YOUR STRUGGLES...I guarantee something you say will help someone else and you'll become an important part of someone else's support system. That's what our team is about!@mulecanterand I am here to help in any way we can.

Looking forward to a great month with you as last week I was finally able to get moving again since my knee injury from last December. It felt great, even though it had nothing to do with the scale. Those non-scale victories feel amazing. You'll see many of those this month. YOU GOT THIS!!!

Looking for a couple of volunteers who might want to assist the team as a MOTIVATOR and as a CO-CAPTAIN. If you feel you might be a good addition to the team, send me a private message off the main screen under MAIL and explain how you feel you could assist the team. I'd love to work with you.

Good luck in September...let's make it a amazing month!It all starts one step at a time!
    Jessica
    :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    a0ov1q26vvra.jpg

Now accepting sign-ups for the September Step Challenge! If you're a Fitbit junkie like many of us, why not participate in our monthly step challenge?! Great way to support your weight loss program for the month, while enjoying a little rivalry and good fun!

Simply post your first name, your daily step goal and tell me where's your favorite place to walk...it's THAT easy. I'll get you plugged into the spreadsheet, which is conveniently located just under the same chart where we record our weekly weigh-ins...off the main Fat2Fit page, where you registered, look under the heading "TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEET..." and you'll find it. When you see the weight chart for Trimstones, just scroll down and you'll see the chart marked STEP CHALLENGE.

Hope to see you there!! Who's gonna win each week? Will you make the Top Three for September?!! Join us! Let's see how far we can go!
    Jessica
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning Fat2Fit team members! :)
    Here is the new habit tracker for this month. Just click the link and follow the instructions. SEPTEMBER HABIT TRACKER
    ivmitztuzg4d.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Want to work on starting new habits for a healthier you? Need a way to get rid of bad habits which have been hanging on to you for too long?! Here's a great way to track your habits and check them off as accomplishments!

September Habit Tracker

Hope it helps each of you during September!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    September Week 1 Challenge is UP! Pick your measurable daily goals and hit them every day! Consistency rules -

2i19mtdo1sfv.png

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842309/september-2021-week-1-consistency-101-challenge/p1?new=1
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Hello team. It's Sunday morning where I am, so I figured I would post my introduction. :smile:

My name is Laura, I am 33 and I live with my cat in a small town in the Netherlands. I like going for walks in the National Park nearby and I always bring my camera when I do. I also love reading, singing, jigsaw puzzles, my cat and tea. I used to ride horses, but after a bad fall on New Years Eve in 2011, I have not really been able to. I think this is also the point where my weight got out of control because I was unable to do any kind of sports or working out for a year. I didn't really get control back until October 2020 and I have lost around 16 kg/35 lbs since. There are some really nice horse riding trails in our National Park, so I would like to ride again when I am down to around 187 lbs.

I have only been in this group for a month, but I really like it. I find it very helpful to have a place to share daily struggles and success and I am excited to do better this month.

Plans for September
    • Get enough protein
    • Remember my vitamins
    • Get in 7.500 steps a day
    • Weight goal = 209 lbs (Current weight: 212.3 / Highest weight: 247)
  • napattack9558
    napattack9558 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Here we meet again πŸ˜€

napattack9558
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 150.7
    CW (Current Weight): 148.8

Have a lovely day all!
  • napattack9558
    Options
    Is anyone reaching their protein goals without protein powders/shakes/supplements? If so, how?
    Even with all the tuna, chicken, eggs in the world I can't seem to be getting anywhere near. :confused: to the point that I can't eat anymore. Though, I feel fine, energetic, healthy and the workouts are absolutely fine, building muscle ok (I even kinda have some abs eventually under this belly lol)
    I am super confused about how much protein I actually need πŸ’
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Here we meet again πŸ˜€

napattack9558

Have a lovely day all!

Nice loss this week @napattack9558 ! Great job! I need your daily step totals from Aug 20th to present please! Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Is anyone reaching their protein goals without protein powders/shakes/supplements? If so, how?
    Even with all the tuna, chicken, eggs in the world I can't seem to be getting anywhere near. :confused: to the point that I can't eat anymore. Though, I feel fine, energetic, healthy and the workouts are absolutely fine, building muscle ok (I even kinda have some abs eventually under this belly lol)

Healthline.com

Here's a great article which will answer your questions on protein...I found it interesting...good question!
    Jessica
  • napattack9558
    Options
    Here we meet again πŸ˜€

napattack9558

Have a lovely day all!

Nice loss this week @napattack9558 ! Great job! I need your daily step totals from Aug 20th to present please! Thanks!
    Jessica

Ah sorry, have all been under 500 steps, I switched to swimming and gym, for another 3 weeks now. Sorry for not updating πŸ™ˆ
  • napattack9558
    Options

Healthline.com

Here's a great article which will answer your questions on protein...I found it interesting...good question!
    Jessica

Thank you! That clears things up! πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Nop, but my diet is a little unconventional in the first place. 0.8 grams per kilo weight is a lot of protein if you are overweight like a lot of us are. If you add work outs in the mix, you need even more. I switched from regular mealshakes to their active line because I only managed to get around 50-60 gr otherwise, while I need at least 77gr a day. I am also (mostly) vegan so that would be a little more complicated with 'normal' food, though tofu and beans are very solid options for protein as well.

Edit: I see you would only need around 54gr daily, I think that's pretty doable! Good luck.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello Fat2Fit Team Members!! :)

Do you eat too much sugar? Is sugar hindering your weight loss and health goals? Could sugar be a real addiction for you as it is for so many? Or would you just like to learn how to moderate your sugar intake a bit more? Then this challenge is for you!! Join today our 30-DAY QUIT SUGAR CHALLENGE and take the pledge for the next 30 days to reduce or eliminate your intake of refined and added sugars.
    35migk92qe49.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Here we meet again πŸ˜€

napattack9558

Have a lovely day all!

Jessica

Ah sorry, have all been under 500 steps, I switched to swimming and gym, for another 3 weeks now. Sorry for not updating πŸ™ˆ

@napattack9558 Are you saying you'd prefer I just zero them out? Even while exercising at the gym if you wore your watch, it should have tracked your steps, especially for biking or eliptical...or just walking the track at the gym. I'll list as zeroes for now, but if you'd like to look and post, I'll edit the sheet later. Also, do you want to participate for Sept? If so, I need your step goals and your first name to add to the sheet please.

Thanks!
    Jessica
  • napattack9558
    Options
    Here we meet again πŸ˜€

napattack9558

Have a lovely day all!

Jessica

@napattack9558 Are you saying you'd prefer I just zero them out? Even while exercising at the gym if you wore your watch, it should have tracked your steps, especially for biking or eliptical...or just walking the track at the gym. I'll list as zeroes for now, but if you'd like to look and post, I'll edit the sheet later. Also, do you want to participate for Sept? If so, I need your step goals and your first name to add to the sheet please.

Thanks!
    Jessica

Yes please, it's ok to zero them out. I use a phone app for steps not Fitbit so only walks are counted on my end.
    I'll carry on like this for 3 more weeks, but will be back on for next month πŸ‘ xx
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    wxq4wyt3d8wm.png

I started horseback riding when I was 9 and quit when my horse got sick and died when I was 16. Haven't been on one since but I would love to start riding again.
    Bungee jumping or parachuting!? Uhh, neither because I'm deathly afraid of heights. Lol
    I've worked in both the medical field and legal and prefer medical 100%.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    AND WITH THAT, WE'VE COMPLETED THE LAST WEEK OF AUGUST
    winners-2020.png

ql92ag2hn24v.png

vjsciew4fo44.png

OUR WINNING TEAMS

By Percent
    yj04nhrgzosb.png

By Pounds
    62g8k8n91rb5.png