Options

Replies

• Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    PW: 203.2
    CW: 204.2

Not sure what happened as I had a great week. I finally got my garage gym put together and exercised almost every day. My calories were on track after the weekend. Sorry y'all.

@bearchested- don't get discouraged... the fruits of one's labor don't show up right away.... keep tending to your goals
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    laceyf53 wrote: »
    [snip]

Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Take care all,
    Jessica :smile:

I feel bad! You're here for us we should be there for you. I added a calendar reminder for me to log in every other day and check what's going on.

@laceyf53 We're all busy...I certainly get it...and I really wasn't wanting to guilt anyone...just want everyone to realize that as part of the team, we all depend on a little of those virtual hugs, advise or even a kick in the booty on occasion...and it really is true that the more you put yourself out there...the more you'll help others and that positivity comes right back on yourself. Thanks for your kind words...look forward to seeing you more often! :smile:

Enjoy your weekend!
    Jessica

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Thursday, September 16
    • Exercise: no
    • Net calories: 1156
    • Water: 2850 ml
    • Steps: 8.545 / 7.500
    • Vitamins: yes
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I was feeling really sore (I think from the stairs for the ladder up challenge) and tired, so I decided to skip exercise. I did some housework instead which was also nice.

@jessicakrall8
    Shelter cats are great! My Tinus is also from the shelter. I used to be a volunteer there, which was pretty rough sometimes (mostly mentally). I hope she warms up to you a bit more.

Hey @Pupowl you'll have to post a pic of Tinus...love the unique name!!! Can't wait to see!
    You're right...shelter pets are the best!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @ewilhelm2487 CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can't wait to see pics of your sweet little blessing!!! Let me know when you wanna join the support team...no problem at all...

@Waifer003 You're going through a VERY stressful time...don't beat yourself up too bad. I have been there...but you sound like you shook yourself up and got your head on straight...remember that self care is MOST important when you're a caregiver...take time to breathe, take a walk when you can...even if it's just in place, indoors due to COVID. Protect yourself...**big hugs**

Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    laceyf53 wrote: »
    laceyf53
    Friday
    PW: 195.1
    CW: 195.1

I typed a whole reply and then drove my daughter to school and the page reloaded and deleted it all lol.

I lost my motivation end of last month, being on calorie restriction for such a long time wears on you.

I dove back in last week with my plan b which is to order meal plans through the end of the year. I'm using Trifecta, my body has not adapted well to the higher starch veggies they use like carrots, zucchini, squash etc. I actually think I have lost a couple pounds of fat but I am so bloated. My stomach was in knots yesterday. Trying another week and upping my water consumption. The calories of the meals are between 1100-1200 per day. I'm beginning to think my maintenance calories will be around 1200. Trying not to worry about that yet as I'm still many months from my goal, but eating 1200 calories per day I still feel hungry pretty much all the time. Going to ask my doctor about getting prescribed contrave. I will try anything at this point!

I generally don't write much about my personal life. My 5-year-old recently started kinder. I'm sure that's why many people in the group have disappeared. Between getting signed up for art class, after school care, getting in the routine, getting all of the school uniforms, the soccer uniforms, new riding gear, nailing down who's going to drive to soccer practice, school pictures, progress reports, soccer pictures, soccer games on saturdays, there's a parade on Sunday, Spirit gear to buy, dental and doctor appointments to set up, birthday parties, back to school events, multiple fundraisers, and all of this stuff to manage on top of working full-time and being highly stressed out from dieting.

So yay! Happy September everyone. 🤣

@laceyf53 Hope you get regulated in your diet soon...feeling bloated is THE WORST! Also, things will calm down soon, once the new routines with school become "normal"...if there's any such thing as normal now with all the COVID protocols...hoping here in the US that 5-11 yr olds can get vaxxed soon...they're saying by November...that will take some of the pressure off too...everyone is so worried about their kids (and rightfully so)...hope your little one likes kindergarten...how's it going?
    Jessica
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    ssssseika wrote: »
    Good Morning, everyone!
    The typhoon left my city last night, and I was safe =)

Here is the steps for this week;

9/10 - 15717
    9/11 - 6153
    9/12 - 6725
    9/13 - 16709
    9/14 - 9204
    9/15 - 14122
    9/16 - 8787
    9/17 - 3846

So glad to hear that the typhoon is over and that you are safe and sound 😊
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @ewilhelm2487 CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can't wait to see pics of your sweet little blessing!!! Let me know when you wanna join the support team...no problem at all...

@Waifer003 You're going through a VERY stressful time...don't beat yourself up too bad. I have been there...but you sound like you shook yourself up and got your head on straight...remember that self care is MOST important when you're a caregiver...take time to breathe, take a walk when you can...even if it's just in place, indoors due to COVID. Protect yourself...**big hugs**

Jess

@jessicakrall8 Thanks always for your kind words and support. Really does mean so much to me. I enjoy how this group connects with each other and I know that your leadership is by and large the reason for that. Glad to hear you’re having an easier time of things this week 😘
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Friday, September 17
    • Exercise: gym
    • Net calories: 918
    • Water: 2950 ml
    • Steps: 8.903 / 7.500
    • Vitamins: yes
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I had a really good day. This rarely happens; most of my days are "meh, it's fine" so I was very happy with this exception. I weigh daily and on Friday, I finally lost a fair bit and made it out of the 95 kg I have been stuck in for a while. My gym time at 11:00 works so much better. I have no idea why I was so set on going at the earliest time before. Mornings are really rough for me. The gym is really quiet at 11:00 which is also great. It works well with my food too. I eat at 9:15 - 12:30 - 14:30 and 16:30. This also means there is not a lot of room for a nap so I have a better shot of staying awake.

Then the thing that really made my day was seeing an owl for the first time in my life. I was out in the backyard walking my cat, when I turned around and saw a blob on the roof out of the corner of my eyes. It only took me 2 seconds to realize what it was and then I made a mad dash inside for my camera, begging it to still be there when I got back outside. And it was! I know this may not seem like a big deal to some people, but I LOVE birds and I have been wanting to see an owl for years. And then when it finally happened, it literally visited me, sitting on my roof. It was just amazing. I got to watch it for about 5 minutes before it flew away.

gx1uAGp.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 210.3
    CW: 208.3

Super happy I finally have a decent loss. It's really a huge motivator to have this happen. I am happy and excited to kick some butt and keep doing what I am doing.

@jessicakrall8
    Here is my kitty:

mITJcw7.jpg
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl I’ve always wanted to see an owl outside of a zoo in person too. So happy you got to see one, and great picture
  • Yukie_OP
    edited September 2021
    Options
    *typo
  • Yukie_OP
    Options
    Oh wait that's a typo, corrrcted:
    Yukie86
    *missed Friday weigh-in - might just have to change it to Saturdays🤔

PW:**139.4
    CW:137.4

Steps 9/17 - 7889
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 210.3
    CW: 208.3

Super happy I finally have a decent loss. It's really a huge motivator to have this happen. I am happy and excited to kick some butt and keep doing what I am doing.

@jessicakrall8
    Here is my kitty:

mITJcw7.jpg

Awwww @pupowl what a sweetheart...how in the world did you do training to walk on a leash...I tried with one quite a few years ago and all she'd do was roll around outside...didn't want to do much "walking"! LOL! Thanks for sharing your little baby...so cute!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    CasandraW
    Weigh in Saturday
    PW 237.6
    CW 233.2

There it is finally. I hope for a continued downward trend for next week. I’ve been putting in the work, it’s nice to finally see results. Can’t wait to leave the 230’s

On a side note, @jessicakrall8 I will need to weigh in on Friday next week. I leave for Las Vegas that afternoon

@CasandraW Wow, AWESOME loss this week!!! Great job! Thanks for letting me know of the upcoming trip...just post your weigh in on Friday and I'll take care of it. Enjoy your trip!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    I guess it depends a lot on the cat, Tinus was pretty easy. It took a bit to get him used to wearing a harnass, he would also roll around at first, and walked backwards a lot. But as soon as he connected the harnass with going outside, he was totally fine with wearing it. The site where I ordered his jacket has some tips: https://www.mynwoodcatjackets.com/lead-training

It's never going to be the same as walking a dog of course, and sometimes all Tinus wants to do is sit somewhere, which is totally fine as well. :smile:
    Overall he listens pretty well outside.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited September 2021
    Options
    My response to LAST WEEK'S This or That...yes, I've had a BUSY week:

8qq4fur2jy7s.png

There's NO argument that holiday movies are awesome on any channel, but there's just something about the filming/production quality of the Hallmark channel's holiday movies that give them the prize...Lifetime can't match it. I'd describe it that Hallmark films like it's a huge movie production and Lifetime films like it's a made for TV movie...if that makes any sense.

Love steak over lobster...love to shop...don't mind giving a speech as long as I have time to prepare for it...got a pretty decent voice...all those years in high school chorus, church choirs, praise choir, university singers and soloist paid off I guess. :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    q00z0rybgzjw.jpg

Here's this week's THIS or THAT! Please use the original chart below and highlight your answers. Also, choose ONLY ONE answer for each one...no BOTH or NEITHER responses! If any of the entries leave you with a thought or a story to share, please do so.

1p2frb4bkciz.png

Enjoy! Can't wait to read your thoughts this week!
    Jessica :smile:
This discussion has been closed.