Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,558 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It's moving day again and we must be gone in an hour. It's windy and actually going to be hot today? I don't think Col and Greg are looking forward to caravan wrangling today.

All but Lyn who was feeling g unwell went yo the beach at dusk to see if we could spot Lityle Penguins. Greg saw one and that was it, but the night was windy and beautiful with a half moon out.

cp4a9k07e76q.jpg

Oh, Linda, I am with you on not wanting you to get a hip infection! Shudder! I hope your dental work goes well. So glad you remembered the antibiotic. About the vans, yes, they ate from the same manufacturer. There are slight differences. We do have a windiw opening at the front over our bed but rarely open it. The van has two skylights snd they give plenty of light as do the large windows in the sides. At night we're looking to clock light so we shut everything up, but in the day it's all open except that front window! 🙃 It tends to give us more privacy if we leave it closed.

Marilyn, those verses are always so comforting and Inspiring. Thank you.

Judith, glad you and Linda enjoyed the pictures. It's always heartening to hear you feel better. I hope you continue to feel improvements. You so deserve them. Hugs.

I need to go. We have to leave in a very short time now.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,397 Member
    Options
    Evening Hello Everyone, I know I was here in the wee hours of Wednesday morning but saw Linda’s post and had to respond, hope you had a good dental appointment Wednesday and took your antibiotics as your surgeon instructed you to do, reading about your friend having infections after dental work and having to have theirs removed, you sure don’t need that to happen. Hope you had a good day my friend. My post from earlier today when I responded from all your posts hasn’t changed. Take care all, have a good night rest, 😴💤 be back in the morning. 🤗🙏

P. s. Hope you all are enjoying the Easter Devotions that are coming your way!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,482 Member
    Options
    9hfj796va0n4.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Marilyn I live that. It's a good reminder.

Judith, we must be cross posting. Glad to know you are able to be here.

Linda, I hope all went well at the dentist's.

Pics from yesterday:

Majestic tree at Orford beach

siv8cyc4z4w8.jpg

Lunch stop visitors along the Prosser River

me1i3x7fg5so.jpg

Camp site last night at the back of the Buckland Inn, established 1830 or so:

msns6b4a03tu.jpg

Greg's picture of the Buckland Inn. I had a bunless Burger there for dinner:

b7rz6bzwm2al.jpeg

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,683 Member
    Options
    I am very frustrated because I just lost a huge posting about my busy day. I don't have time to rewrite it so I will tell you about it tomorow but I will say we had a good dental appointment yesterday.
  • 316Judith
    edited February 23
    Options
    Marilyn, Amen, to your post, yes, God is with us no matter what we face, He takes us by the hand and leads us through tough times and good times, God is Faithful!

Linda, so sorry you lost all that you posted, it sure is frustrating when that happens. Glad to hear you had a good Dental appointment. Look forward to hearing about your busy day tomorrow.

Susan, I agree it seems with our times changes we are here at different times and it seems we over lap some days. I love your pictures, the Tree is awesome and yes, it is Majestic and your Lunch visitors look like they were lining up for hand outs, you must of had a tasty meal they were interested in or were you snacking on finger food? Buckland Inn you ate in looked like quite a quaint place to eat, your bun-less burger sounded yummy. Loved the picture. Your camp site was so lovely. You are staying in such lovely places. Safe travels and safe camping my friend!

Today I had a quiet day, listened to a couple of online messages and studied a bit too. Tomorrow I have a friend coming by for a visit. We are getting some special drinks from Starbucks and my friend will have a lemon loaf and a cup of coffee, I am having a London Fog Tea Latte and a White Chocolate Frappuccino with extra Mocha Drizzle… heaps of calories and so yummy!

Have a great evening. See you tomorrow! 😴🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    ptb8tdfan2hi.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I will try to remember what I said yesterday and save it frequently. Yesterday morning I got up and helped my husband pack and as we were doing it, he asked me to check the weather for Austin, Texas so he would know what type of shirts to pack. Right before he was ready for my daughter to pick him up to take him to the airport he was talking about the conference being in San Antonio. I questioned him about why he wanted to know the weather in Austin and he suddenly realized that he had booked his flight to the wrong airport which was 100 miles away from the conference. For some reason he had Austin in his mind all week of where he was to go. It took a while on the phone to change his flight to the other airport and of course it cost $300+ to do it because it was less than 24 hours before the actual flight. He was able to get a flight that was departing as a similar time which was good. As my daughter took him to the airport, I had the grandchildren and did home school with them. They worked on spelling and handwriting so it was not much to do but brought back memories of homeschooling my children. After they left I had to get ready for a celebration of life for a friend that was killed by a drunken driver who ran a red light. His children were in the car with him and stayed in the hospital for a while but are now out. He was only 44 and so talented. He used to play the piano for the Denmark Royal Symphony and now was playing for the ballet here in Denver. So many people talked about how loving and giving he was. All of the music that was played for the service was him playing and singing. It was wonderful! My daughter had taken me to the service so after that it was dinner time and the grandkids were hungry so I made breakfast for dinner for them.They did not leave until almost 9pm. Today I got up and started the dough for my sourdough, took my daughter to pick up her car that was being repaired then went to my doctor appointment. I was really disappointed in myself because I did not loose the weight I had planned to do and my glucose and A1C, although still pre-diabetic had gone up. On the other side my cholesterol and liver enzymes had gone down so I must have done something right. The doctor was not concerned with my A1C. He said a lot of people are seeing this because this looks at 3 months worth and part of that time was the holidays. I asked him how to get it down and he said, "Do not have any more holidays and it will come down on it's own." Are your eyes becomming crossed by reading this long post? I am on the way to the grocery store and to get my ring cleaned at the jewlers. Talk to you later!
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Wow, Linda, you DID have a very busy day! Glad you were able to help sort out all the events and issues that came up. Glad your Dental appointment went well but sorry to hear about the other medical concerns. That doctor surely can't mean it about not having more holidays! Oh, I wondered about your friend's funeral. He sounds like such a wonderful man. I feel for his children so much...

Marilyn, good thoughts today.

Judith, glad you could see my posts and enjoyed them. I have another travel update for you all today.

Today we're planning to explore Geeveston as there is a market in town this morning. We found out about it at 'happy hour' last night. About 20 campers staying with us at the CMCA (Caravan Motorhome Camping Association) camp got together for nibbles and drinks and swapped travel stories. The caretaker was there as well and made sure we all knew about the Geeveston events. There is a BBQ shed convenient for Happy Hour and rhere's a fire pit with logs to dit on around the fire. The Park is $7 a night for CMCA members, has no power but does have water available for hauling, a dump point and toilets. Perfect for us off grid campers. There is a creek bordering the camp with Platypus in it, and an off-leash fenced dog park the boys absolutely love. We plan to explore further south by car as the roads are not good enough for Caravans. We'll stay here a couple of days. This is the field we're in.

gn2fnvm2lxyu.jpg

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    mjf2own8gme1.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Susan - it looks like a wonderful place to stay for a few days. I like the more rustic places too where nature is the focal point.

Today I have been invited to be part of a baking contest. I recieved my invitation from my 9 year old granddaughter, Etta, a few days ago and I am to be at her house at noon today. The other contestants are her 11 year old brother and her mother (my daughter). Etta has a big immagination so this could be an interesting contest!

My husband comes home tonight from his conference. We have been able to talk every night to pray together so that has been good. He says he is seeing some old friends and some of the students in our school as well. He will be having a busy few days when he comes home. He is to give a presentation to the Manilla church on Tuesday at 5am our time. He is going to speak on "Is God Knowable?" They picked the title and he has been working on it for a while.

• 316Judith
    Options
    Linda, you did have a very busy day, my heart went out to the family who lost this dear man, so young at 44 years of age, I feel for his children without their dear Dad. Sounds like he was quite a Musically minded man, the service sounded so beautiful having his music playing. It would of been so special for his children seeing their Dad singing and playing the piano. Sorry to hear about Glen getting his tickets for his destination all mixed up. It is frustrating when you have to pay the added money to change a ticket but glad it was able to be changed. Your baking contest sounds so exciting to be a part of it with your grandkids and daughter. You will have to let us know what you bake! Maybe a picture or two would be nice.

Susan, your camp ground looks so nice to stay. Thanks for sharing the picture. $7 a night to camp is fabulous, such a steal, here in BC you would spend mega dollars. For example, a park near my daughter you would pay anywhere from $77.00 to well over $100.00 per night and you pay for registration and other charges extra.. So when you say $7 per night it is almost unbelievable. Hope you enjoy your sigh seeing. So nice the “boys” can enjoy the Dog Park! Safe travels Susan.

Marilyn, thank you for sharing, yes, how true, when you feel like quitting think about why you started, I am sure that is a definite cure for quitting.

Have a Blessed weekend all! Sending you all my Love and Prayers, God Bless! ❤️🙏
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Good morning! We're exploring in the cars today and I am lagging behind everyone else. Till later.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    OK we're travelling.

Judith, caravan parks here can cost the prices you mentioned. We are doing free camping and budget camping as much as possible. At this place we have no power or water but we do have water we can access without being hooked up to it. There are toilets in a public park next door. They do have a dump point. It's too costly for us to go to proper caravan parks. We bought CMCA membership to get discounts on their mostly off grid parks. So we're doing this trip as cheaply as possible. 🙂

Linda, love the baking contest! Can't wait to hear more. Glad to hear Glenn will soon be home. His sermon topic sounds great.

Marilyn, thank you for today's thoughts.

It's hard typing on a windy bumpy road.

We'll be travelling most of today.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    The baking contest was very fun although all three of the other participants are sick today and did not make it to church. I don't think our food hurt anyone but they were doing a lot of coughing and my daughter was getting a sore throat when I was with them. So far I am feeling fine so I hope I have missed it. I seem to be surrounded by sickness since my older granddaughter and daughter that we are staying with also have been feeling under the weather. I got off the subject so I need to get back to the contest. The menu was to make soup with no recipe and then we had boxed desserts from a box mix that we made. My grandson made a cheesy vegetable sausage soup, my daughter made a taco soup and I made potato soup with sausage. We were limited by the ingredients we could find in certain shelves of the fridge and certain cupboards. My grandson who had not had much experience won the contest. His soup started out with small straight pasta that he put cheese inside of the hole but when he started cooking it, the cheese melted out of the pasta and got into the water so he had to start over. His final soup was very delicious. Mine was nutritious but not a flavorful as his was. For the desserts we got to choose from brownies, raspberry muffins or lemon bars. I choose the muffins but changed the recipe to be a bar with fruit jam in the middle and a strudle on the top. I believe that mine was the best but there was no winner announced since we were just using a box mix. The lemon bar was not cooled enough when I left so I did not get to taste it.

We had planned on leaving tomorrow but the weather report says there is a winter storm coming in the mountains that could get up to more than a foot of snow so we are not leaving until Wednesday. This is the nice thing about being retired - we have a flexible schedule. We are attending a leaders meeting tonight via zoom so we are still able to participate in meeting too.

Susan - I am glad you were able to join a group that gives you discounts to where you park. I agee with Judith, parking at RV parts are usually very expensive. Depending on the season of travel the KOA campgrounds can range from $35/night in the less busy monthser to over $100/night here in the summer.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Linda, I loved reading about the cooking contest! It sounds like so much fun. And good food was produced by all! The best part is the memories you made ❤️ I do hope and pray you don't get that cough. I hope you can rest some and avoid it. Glad you and Glenn can be flexible. You're right, being retired has its advantages!!

This morning I was woken by Colin who had severe leg cramps that just wouldn't let up for ages. He takes Magnesium but maybe it's not the right kind. 🤔 Then once he was able, he took the boys for a walk. Jasper managed to cut his foot! I scrambled for the doggy first aid kit where I had a dop stick to stop the bleeding. Jasper enjoyed the extra attention and snuggles. The cut isn't too bad and he did his own 'first aid' by licking it awhile. Archie seemed oblivious to all the dramas.

I'm making coffee and sandwiches for the day. We're off exploring again, once we finish using the generator to power the washing machine.

Some pics from the last few days:

Wooden statue outside Geeveston library. There are wooden carvings all over the village:

olxp7fjivuuo.jpg

Lunch on the shore of Huon River and where it meets the Southern Ocean:

u841drm66ytx.jpg

My favourite photo of Huon River/Southern Ocean:

si6woz5dz7en.jpg

Ida Bay train station, under reconstruction. They had the worst burrs in the grass here. All three dogs had to be de-burred and the bottom of our pants did, too!

27qu7ojatw3i.jpg

The Whale statue made of bronze. There's a dark whaling history at Cockle Bay.

7zfxb8t9i9p9.jpg

About the whaling:

7a8b3jcsabc5.jpg

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    80updythlul7.jpg
  • 316Judith
    edited February 26
    Options
    Linda, your Cooking Contest sounded so scrumptious, all the dishes were so good, the soup that you and your grandson made sound like they would of been so tasty! Sorry that 3 of the contestants were sick and not able to attend Church. Sorry your daughter had a sore throat and others had such bad coughs, hope you have managed to keep healthy and escape from whatever virus or infection they had. The muffins and lemon bars are my kind of deserts! Yum yum 😋 it’s good you have stayed where you are and not ventured into driving in snow and stormy weather. Happy you were able to take advantage of Zoom Church service! It’s great being retired as our Schedules can be so flexible!

Susan, so sorry about Colin’s severe leg cramps, glad they are better now and he got out for a walk with the boys! Ahh poor Archie getting his foot cut. Glad you had a puppy first aid kit and were able to clean and bandage his foot up, yes our Fur Babies love the extra attention especially when they can cuddle and spend extra time being pampered! So glad you have found free camping sites to stay at. Loved the Picnic pictures, what I love about the Summer is Family Picnics. The only free camping sites are off the Grid with no water or plumbing amenities. So you have to bring a portable toilet and wash in a nearby lake with cold chilly 🥶 water! Not the most relaxing way to shower 😳 yes, camping is expensive, believe it or not I loved off grid camping, and in a Family size tent, I cooked on an open fire 🔥 we also had a Dining Tent that attached to our regular tent so if it rained we have cover. Your pictures are fabulous, I especially love Wood Carvings, the Bronze Whale is striking, train station would of been nice to see minus the burr’s you picked up; the Hudson River Ocean view was one of my favourites also.

Safe travels Linda and Susan! Thanks again Marilyn for your Quote!

Sunday Blessings! See you all tomorrow! 😊🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    bqgu14adqtu5.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Marilyn - what a great quote. I was stressed about a message I got yesterday saying my car rental was ready when I did not make the reservation. I was afraid that someone had stolen my identity again so I called the rental company this morning to check things out. It took a little while of talking to have them understand what I was concerned with. There was a rental that matched my confirmation number but they said that there was not credit card attached so not to worry. I am assuming the person that send the message just thought I would just click the link on the message then they could steal my identity that way but I called the company instead. I still wonder why there was an actual rental with my reservation number though. I am going to watch our credit card statement to make sure they do not bring my numbers in to pickup the car.

Susan - I am so sorry that Colin had such bad leg cramps. I get them also and they are miserable. I take magnesium each night. If I forget my legs start to jump as I am laying still. I am also sorry for Jasper getting his food hurt. Licking it is a way dogs try to heal their wounds. God made them with growth factors in their saliva that speeds healing. Great pictures again. I am sorry about the burs you encountered. I remember when our cocker spaniel would get into burs and it was horrible to get them out of her fur. Sometimes we just had to cut her hair especially on her fluffy ears. I do miss her a lot!

Judith - So far we are not getting sick from the ones around us. Maybe we had a high immunity for the respiratory diseases or God is just protecting us. It will be good to get back to Grand Junction and have more control of our environment.

💖I wanted to welcome a new friend who was looking at our announcement section this weekend. Her name is myheart4god. I hope you can join us in this thread adn others as you are able.

We had a new person asking about our team called