Name a Fruit or Veggie A to Z

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,391 Member
    That's good, Judith!

J - Jambolan

Syzygium cumini, commonly known as Malabar plum,[3] Java plum,[3] black plum, jamun, jaman, jambul, or jambolan,[4][5] is an evergreen tropical tree in the flowering plant family Myrtaceae, and favored for its fruit, timber, and ornamental value.[5] It is native to the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia, including Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and the Andaman Islands.[4][2] It can reach heights of up to 30 metres (98 ft) and can live more than 100 years.[4] A rapidly growing plant, it is considered an invasive species in many world regions.[5] (Wikipedia)
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,528 Member
    J - Jams and jellies made from fresh fuit from the tree in the backyard.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,579 Member
    Sounds so yummy Linda, I always loved Jams and Jellies made from Fresh Fruit from off our own Fruit Trees,

Thank you for sharing Susan what kind of fruit Jambolan is. I always loved all kinds of Plums

You gals are making my hungry! 😋😋😋

Stake- Steak
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith - are you playing a game on another thread?
    Susan - I am trying to get on here early so we do not both get on here at the same time. By calculations, it is about 6am at your location.

K - Kumquat
  • LosinSusin
    It's now 10:44am, Linda. Didn't realise we were posting together till I scrolled back!

L - Lemonade tree lemon
  • 316Judith
    March 17th Susan’s Fruit she posted was

J for Jambolan then I got side tracked and posted incorrect response!

Tonight Susan posted L for Lemonade, (Lemon)

My response is next letter

M for Mandarins

• Healthyme7410
    N - Neeps 'Neeps' are better known as swedes, the traditional Scottish accompaniment to haggis. An ideal dish for First footing celebrations or a Burns Night supper. (google)
  • LosinSusin
    O - Oil Palm
  • 316Judith
    Linda, never heard of Neeps, thanks for defining what it is.

P- Peppers (Red Peppers 🌶 Green Peppers 🫑)
  • 316Judith
    Q- Quinoa
  • Healthyme7410
    R - Rutabaga is a root vegetable that belongs to the Brassica genus of plants, whose members are informally known as cruciferous vegetables. It's round with a brownish-white color and looks similar to a turnip. In fact, it's commonly referred to as a cross between a turnip and a cabbage. (google)
  • LosinSusin
    S - Salmonberry

Salmonberry is a stout shrub ranging in height between 3 to 12 feet, with perennial, not biennial, woody stems that are covered with fine prickles. The stems are not as densely armed with thorns as other well-sought-after endemic berries, so it makes for a more enjoyable harvest. The bark becomes papery with age.
    https://www.fs.usda.gov › wildflowers
    Salmonberry (Rubus spectabilis)
  • LosinSusin
    T - Tomatillo

The tomatillo, also known as the Mexican husk tomato, is a plant of the nightshade family bearing small, spherical, and green or green-purple fruit of the same name. Tomatillos originated in Mexico and were cultivated in the pre-Columbian era.Wikipedia
  • LosinSusin
    U - Udupi Mattu Gulla Eggplant
  • 316Judith
    Vine- veggies fruits growing on Vines are Passionfruit, Grapes, Strawberries
  • LosinSusin
    W - Winged Bean

The winged bean (Psophocarpus tetragonolobus), also known as cigarillas, goa bean, four-angled bean, four-cornered bean, manila bean, princess bean, star bean, kamrangi bean, pea, dragon bean, is a tropical herbaceous legume plant. Wikipedia
  • 316Judith
    Y- Yams
  • LosinSusin
    Z - Zuchhini
  • Healthyme7410
    A - Arugula
  • Healthyme7410
    B - Beet root