LosinSusin Posts: 5,391 Member
    F - Fejoa fruit
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,520 Member
    E - Elephant garlic
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,579 Member
    edited April 26
    Wow you must of been posting when I did as you missed my post with Letter E for Endive and Susan had the correct Letter F for Fejoa fruit

My Letter now is G- Grapefruit
  • Healthyme7410
    It may have been cross posting or just me not paying attention. Thanks Judith for getting us back on track.

H - Hearts of palm
  • LosinSusin
    I - Indian Cucumber

Medeola virginiana, known as Indian cucumber, cucumber root, or Indian cucumber-root, is an eastern North American plant species in the lily family, Liliaceae. It is the only currently recognized plant species in the genus Medeola. It grows in the understory of forests.
    Wikipedia
  • 316Judith
    You are welcome Linda,

Jalapeño Red Peppers 🌶
  • Healthyme7410
    K - Komatsuna or Japanese mustard spinach is a leaf vegetable. It is a variety of Brassica rapa, the plant species that yields the turnip, mizuna, napa cabbage, and rapini. It is grown commercially in Japan and Taiwan. It is a versatile vegetable that is cooked and eaten in many ways. Wikipedia
  • LosinSusin
    L - Loganberries
  • 316Judith
    M- Mushrooms
  • Healthyme7410
    N - Navel oranges
  • 316Judith
    O- Oranges
  • Healthyme7410

P - Purple cabbage
  • LosinSusin
    Q - Quince
  • 316Judith
    R- Rutabaga (Turnip)

Turnip was a veggie my Mother made every Sunday when she did a Roast Beef and put Potatoes, Carrots and Turnip sliced in small chunks all around the roast and roasted the Beef and Veggies on a slow oven most of the afternoon. The house smelled so awesome, she made Yorkshire Pudding and made brown gravy from the scrumptious juices from the dinner roasting all afternoon. We would put the Beef Gravy all over the dinner and also had Horseradish to dip our our Beef in. This was our Sunday Evening Dinner and later when my kids were living at home I made the same Roast Beef dinner. And made Yorkshire Pudding. So yummy
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith I love your story of Sunday dinner. My Mom would put dinner in the oven also and it would cook when we were at church.

S - Strawberries (We only had dessert on Sundays so my favorite was strawberries out of our garden with whipped cream made from the milk of our cow.)
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Linda, Yes, the post brought back memories so it seemed so natural to share! Glad you have the same memories too, another thing we have in common.

T- Tomatoes 🍅
  • Healthyme7410
    U - Umbrella Squash - I had to look this one up. It looks like the same summer squash that we call "patty-pan". It is almost flat with scalloped edges and is described as looking like a flying saucer.
  • LosinSusin
    V - Vietnamese Coriander
  • 316Judith
    W- Waxed Beans