S- Sprouts
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,675 Member
    Options
    T - Tangerines
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,833 Member
    Options
    U - Urfa Biber (Turkish chile pepper that's distinctive for its dark burgundy color, irregularly sized flakes, and intriguing flavor.) Google
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    V - Velvet bean - Mucuna pruriens is a tropical legume native to Africa and tropical Asia and widely naturalized and cultivated. Its English common names include monkey tamarind, velvet bean, Bengal velvet bean, Florida velvet bean, Mauritius velvet bean, Yokohama velvet bean, cowage, cowitch, lacuna bean, and Lyon bean. Wikipedia
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    W - White asparagus
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    X- Xylitol

A natural sugar found in plums strawberries and raspberries.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Y - Yellow Bell Pepper/ Capsicum.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Z- Zucchini
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    A - Abiu (Pouteria caimito, the abiu, is a tropical fruit tree originating in the Amazonian region of South America, and this type of fruit can also be found in the Philippines and other Southeast Asia. It grows to an average of 10 metres high, with ovoid fruits. The inside of the fruit is translucent and white. Wikipedia) (The flesh of an abiu fruit is clear and tastes like caramel. It has about 5 seeds inside. This fruit can be eaten right out of hand or put into salads. Abiu fruit has important vitamins and minerals in it, like riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin C, niacin, iron, and calcium. - Google)
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    What an interesting fruit, Linda.

B - Banana!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    I agree with Susan, your fruit you shared was interesting, I learned a lot about Abiu, I have a lot of friends from the Philippines and Malaysia, I will have to ask them about this fruit and ask if they have cooked with it and what they made.

C- Cranberries
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    D - Dark sweet cherries
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    E - Eggplant, which is high in the FODMAPS I am unfortunately sensitive to.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    F - Fenugreek is an annual plant in the family Fabaceae, with leaves consisting of three small obovate to oblong leaflets. It is cultivated worldwide as a semiarid crop. Its seeds and leaves are common ingredients in dishes from the Indian subcontinent, and have been used as a culinary ingredient since ancient times. (Wikipedia) Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) is an herb similar to clover. The seeds taste similar to maple syrup and are used in foods and medicine. (Google)
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Wow, the Herb you described above sounds interesting and also yummy at the same time for the Maple Syrup part of it you are describing especially for one who likes that flavouring which I always did. 😋

G- Guava
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    H - Hog plum, (Spondias mombin), ornamental tree of the cashew family (Anacardiaceae), native to the tropical Americas. The hog plum and several other species of the genus Spondias are cultivated for their edible plumlike fruits. The young leaves can also be eaten, and various parts of the plant are used in traditional medicine. The plants have naturalized in many parts of Africa and southeast Asia.

Hog plum is a deciduous tree reaching 15–22 metres (49–72 feet) in height. The bark is deeply fissured. The plant typically drops most of its compound leaves before flowering. The drupe fruits are about 4 cm (1.6 inches) in length and have a leathery yellow-green skin. The large stone in each fruit bears many spines and is difficult to separate from the pulp. (Google)
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Isn't it amazing that there are so many fruits and vegetables we have not heard of? 😀 I have used Fenugreek and Guava in some dishes but not heard of Hog Plum.

I - Ivy Gourd

Coccinia grandis, the ivy gourd, also known as scarlet gourd, is a tropical vine. It grows primarily in tropical climates and is commonly found in the Indian states where it forms a part of the local cuisine. Coccinia grandis is cooked as a vegetable dish.
    Wikipedia
  • 316Judith
    Options
    I am amazed to read about these Fruits and Veggies that are new to me. Thank you for sharing.

J- Jalapeño Peppers 🌶