Name a Fruit or Veggie A to Z

Options
1888990919294»

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,837 Member
    Options
    K - Kaffir Limes Citrus hystrix, called the kaffir lime, Thai lime or makrut lime, is a citrus fruit native to tropical Southeast Asia. Its fruit and leaves are used in Southeast Asian cuisine, and its essential oil is used in perfumery. Its rind and crushed leaves emit an intense citrus fragrance. Wikipedia

They are not shaped like our limes that are smooth.
    beaq1q91rera.png
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I have a Kaffir Lime tree, Linda, though it has not fruited yet. The fruits are small and bitter though. The leaves are much more subtle with their flavour.

M - Moringa tree.

Moringa oleifera is a fast-growing, drought-resistant tree of the family Moringaceae, native to the Indian subcontinent and used extensively in South and Southeast Asia. Common names include moringa, drumstick tree, horseradish tree, or malunggay.
    Wikipedia

You can make a healthful powder or tea from the leaves.

Moringa leaves are beneficial against digestive disorders. Those who suffer from constipation, bloating, gas, gastritis and ulcerative colitis should add Moringa leaves to their diet. The leaves have antibiotic and antimicrobial properties which make them an ideal. Google
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    Thank you Susan and Linda for the informative posts. So interesting and beneficial.

N- Nectarines

When I was able to bite into a piece of fruit I so loved Nectarines, I ate a lot of them when in season. I liked them more than Peaches!
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    O - Okra (definitely not my favorite vegetable!)
  • LosinSusin
    edited June 19
    Options
    I like Okra in soups, Li da, when I can get it.

P - Pummelo also spelled Pomelo

The pomelo (/ˈpɒmɪloʊ, ˈpʌm-/ POM-il-oh, PUM-;[2][3] Citrus maxima), from the family Rutaceae, is the largest citrus fruit, and the principal ancestor of the grapefruit.[4] It is a natural, non-hybrid, citrus fruit, native to Southeast Asia.[4] Similar in taste to a sweet grapefruit, the pomelo is commonly consumed and used for festive occasions throughout Southeast Asia and East Asia. As with the grapefruit, phytochemicals in the pomelo have the potential for drug interactions.Wikipefia
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Q - Queijadinha (Coconut And Cheese Tart)
  • 316Judith
    Options
    R- Radishes
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    S - Sapote

Pouteria sapota, the mamey sapote, is a species of tree native to Mexico and Central America. The tree is also cultivated in the Caribbean. Its fruit is eaten in many Latin American countries. The fruit is made into foods such as milkshakes and ice cream. WIKIPEDIA
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    T - Tangerine
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    U - Ugli fruit
  • 316Judith
    Options
    V- Valencia Oranges 🍊
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    W - Watermelon
  • 316Judith
    Options
    X- Xylitol

This is a natural sugar found in plums and strawberries and raspberries
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Y - Yao Choy

Also known as Choy sum, it is a leafy vegetable commonly used in Chinese cuisine. It is a member of the genus Brassica of the mustard family. Wikipedia
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Z- Zucchini
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    A - Ambada

Origin and Description: Ambada, scientifically known as Hibiscus sabdariffa, is a leafy green vegetable that belongs to the hibiscus family. It is native to tropical regions and is widely cultivated in India. The leaves of the Ambada plant are large, broad, and have a unique heart-shaped appearance.22 June 2023 Google
  • 316Judith
    Options
    B- Belgian Endive 🥬
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    C - Cherries