Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,838 Member
    Options
    I am so glad the Mr Green Jeans gave us the warning. We do not want to disturb the bears while they are still hibernating. I am glad that he "cares" about our safety.

CARES
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,711 Member
    Options
    Eek! I am always wary of bears and hope we do not meet one while we are travelling. In Australia the Koalas are called bears but that is not their correct lineage and they are much smaller and not dangerous. They live in gum trees, not ones with pears in them.

PEARS

yqpkf1auhwn5.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    Options
    I would not mind meeting this type of "bear" in the woods - keeping my distance of course. I wonder if it "hears" me walking would it run away?

HEARS

• LosinSusin
    Options
    Koalas generally are sleepy, shy and move slowly, so he might just freeze and hope you go away, Linda! People go to zoos to hold Koalas and have their pictures taken. Koalas are leaf eaters. I have never heard of them biting a human, but they do have strong tree-clinging claws so you might need to watch out for scratches. Have no fears! Koalas are pretty benign.

FEARS
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,600 Member
    edited March 2
    Options
    Indeed, I have watched these sweet and cute Koalas they are gentle but yes long claws for tree climbing is good but not wrapping around our bodies, but that’s in the wild, however in the zoo they have handlers and are well trained and I would be the first one to get my picture taken! So I have no Fears! Don’t mind if they stay to the Rear of us to be our “Guard Rears” as we travel along!

Haha, not correct grammar but I’m going with it…it really should read “Rear Guards” for correct Grammar!

REARS

• Healthyme7410
    Options
    The long claws might be a problem if they thought I was a tree and tried to climb me. Maybe to hold one, I will need to go the the local "Sears" store and buy a leather apron to protect me from scratches.

SEARS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Lol! I can just see you in your new leather apron, Linda! People usually don't need specialnprotection during the few minutes it takes to get a photo. The handlers help to position the Koalas just right so they feel secure and you feel secure. They just cling where they are put. I'll come to Sears with you though. I haven't been there in years and would like to look around ☺️

YEARS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes Linda, the Leather Apron will keep the REARS protected. And yes Susan I too haven’t been to SEARS for ages. It will be fun to look around and maybe find other things to buy! I can hardly wait to put on my Apron and see the DERS and get my picture taken with these Koalas “DEARS” with their Sweet faces!

DEARS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Yes the Koalas are dears but that reminds me that as we came over the mountain a few days ago I saw some "deers" and some Elk. It is a good thing it is not hunting season because there were a lot of them and a hunter would have fun shooting them. (I know that is not the way to spell plural of deer but it fit.)
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Ooh, I remember my Dad hunting deers back in California. We always had deer jerky and meat for a season when he got one. As a kid I always felt sorry for the deer. I now know it was a big help to our food budget to have deer meat. Our peers always went hunting too.

PEERS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes I hear you Susan as my Grandfather and Uncles hunted all kinds of game and I felt a little sorry for the animals but yes it did help for putting food on the table! Maybe we can serve fresh grilled PEARS with the Game that is caught.

PEARS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Fresh grilled pears sounds delicious. Since the pears are so large, we can cut them in half and have equal "pairs" of the pears.

PAIRS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Oh, those pairs of fresh grilled pears would go so well with venison. Does anyone have s spare grill we can use?

SPARE
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes I do, I will bring it a long so we can cook up our pears and venison! My mouth is watering already just thinking about the scrumptious meal we are going to have. I feel the Spark welling up with extra energy to get preparing and cooking up a storm of pears and venison! Yum yum! 😋

SPARK
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We will need knives to cut the venison but to save on buying so much cutlery, we could consider buying a "spork" instead of a fork and a spoon for everyone.

SPORK
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Yes, we should be able to save more than a speck of money if we buy sporks. Some even have a serrated edge on one side so we won't need knives.

SPECK
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Fantastic idea, yes, we will buy some “Sporks” so we can save our money! And besides having Venison let’s get Half a Pork! Porks and Venison sounds so yummy!

PORKS
  • Healthyme7410
    edited March 6
    Options
    Having all this food, I am wondering if we have tables enough. We would look like "dorks" it we do not have enough seats and tables for everyone to sit at.

DORKS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Oooh, yes, that is right, we will need tables AND chairs, cutlery and crockery. We sure don't want to look like dorks. I wonder if paper plates could work? No washing up afterwards either, except for the sporks. Whatever works!

WORKS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Indeed, we sure don’t want to look like Dorks and having enough plates cups cutlery will be a lot of work, like your idea Susan with using paper plates, Works for me! And besides the paper plates we can also use plastic Forks and a very hard Plastic Sporks!

FORKS