Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Options

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,836 Member
    edited June 6
    Options
    The physical food that the Rooks need at provided by God. He knows what can keep them healthy. I am glad they have beaks to pick up the seeds because I don't think "forks" would fit into their toes very well.

FORKS
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    Indeed, Crows are very smart, in real life I have had a Crow who has taken a fancy go my Bird bath I have in the garden amongst the Hosta and Day Lillies, every summer he comes and watches me fill the bird bath with fresh clean water, he sits quietly waiting. As soon as I go in and talk to him thru the screen door. He turns his head to the left and right looking right at me, I respond and say Mr Crow you are such a good boy, are you wanting to get a bath. You can go in now and He jumps in and flaps his wings and gets water everywhere. He is so wet it takes a while to shake the water off his wings so he can fly off. He is so
    funny. I so enjoy him. He loves the Rocks I have in centre of bath, it’s for the tiny birds but he always try’s to stand on one of them hehe too funny!

ROCKS 🪨

• Healthyme7410
    Options
    Judith that is a fun picture to see you talking to the crow and seeing him on the rocks. He can jump right in and enjoy the water unlike us who have to remove our "socks" before getting our feet wet.

SOCKS
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,690 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love that story about Mr Crow, Judith. You are right, Linda. I have never seen crows use forks or socks but they do use twigs in their beaks as tools. It takes some research to take stock of all the skills of a crow!

STOCK
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I have also heard stories about how crows "stack" stones on top of each other to be able to reach something. They are so very smart!

STACK
  • LosinSusin
    edited June 8
    Options
    Wow. That's amazing about crows stacking stones to use as a ladder! I have heard of them adding things to water to raise water levels. I need to take stock of their cleverness all over again. Maybe I will look for some stick stories too, where crows use sticks as tools.

STiCK

(PS I found this story about other Corvids, the Magpies, on Google. 'Corvids are known to mimic human voices and other sounds and to enjoy the confusion that results. Zookeeper Gerald Durrell recounted the antics of his pet magpies, who learned to imitate the Durrell’s maid’s call to the chickens to come and be fed. When the magpies got bored, they called the chickens, who came running in anticipation of a treat. When the disappointed chickens went back to roost, the magpies called them again, and again, and the chickens, no match for the clever magpies, fell for the ruse every time.')
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Wow, we are learning so much, yes The Crows are smart, and so are these Clever Magpies, the story gave me a chuckle 🤭 Susan…Pretty clever using Sticks as tools! Wonder how smart they are in keeping the Ticks away?

TICKS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Apparently ticks do not harm birds, Judith, but crows pick them off each other and off other animals too! I sure didn't know that before. If a crows picks at me, I will check to see if I have a tick!

PICKS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    I hear you in the wild you see Monkeys biting off and picking off bugs and other things, probably ticks but I didn’t think of a Crow doing that too, so I too have learned something new! I would be alarmed if a crow started picking at me… dear me. I don’t want any animals pick at me, no way! So no Picks or even Licks from a Crow, not a chance!

LICKS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We saw a magpie this afternoon flying accross the road. They are so pretty in both appearance and in their flight. That is a funny story about the chickens thinking they were going to get a treat but were tricked by the birds. The crows have no "lacks" when it comes to talent.

LACKS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    So very true Linda, a Crow has no Lacks for the talent he has! I will Backs up the statement on our very talented Mr Crow!

BACKS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    If we could train Mr Crow maybe we could have him perform tricks and people would give us money. We might make a few "bucks" to pay for expenses.

BUCKS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    If the crows know we plan to use the money we raise for the homeless, they will cooperate, I feel sure. Our becks and calls to them will work!

BECKS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Indeed I agree Linda that would be great to make a few Bucks to pay expenses and Susan we will get the Becks and Calls out and I’m sure Mr Crow will perform all the tricks for us so we can raise some Bucks! I’m all for it! Maybe we can get Mr Crow to Join Mrs Ducks to add to the performance to raise even more Bucks! 😆

DUCKS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Crows and Ducks together would be a world premier, I'm sure! Clear the Decks! We have an exciting show coming up!

DECKS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I'm not sure how famous we would be with crows and ducks singing. They might need some vocal training. Right now with their strong "necks" the singing would be loud but maybe not good as we might wish. All things are possible in this immaginary world!

NECKS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Yes Susan let’s get the Ducks and Crows on our side to Sung up a Storm, however you have a good point Linda with those long Necks they might need some singing lessons! Let’s see what we can do but Mr Crow has known to be one who Pecks at his friend’s, we might have to be careful!

PECKS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Oh dear hope Mr Crow behaves himself now that we know he goes around and Pecks at his friends! Can hardly wait to see our Ducks and Crows singing up a Storm at the Community Hall. What Fun we will have. Then we have the ones who need singing lessons with the Strong Necks. It should be quite the night. So I wonder with singing lessons with Mr Crow and Mrs Duck be “Kepts” Strong? (Not correct grammar but the word fits for what I need! Hehe! 🤣

KEPTS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    I th8nk th8s concert sounds more novel by the minute and can't wait to watch the crow and duck singing lessons. I'm sure we'll draw a curious crowd and we'll find no one has slept through this performance! Lol!

SLEPT
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Today there were three crows in our trees that were making a lot of noise but it was not very musical! I will "sleep" much better knowing that the crows and ducks will have voice training so they will not scare our audience with their normal squacking (squawk + quacking).

SLEEP