Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Options

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,491 Member
    edited May 21
    Options
    Yes for sure Linda, but I agree the wonderful aroma from both Roasts will likely attract more people to come and join us, Not to worry, I know of a great Hall down the street that is used for Wedding receptions. I will ask Mr Green Jeans if we could Lease the Hall to Host our Dinner for those in the community who might want to join us. We can set up an EASEL and write the Directions down to find the Hall!

EASEL
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,628 Member
    Options
    If people make pleas for food, how could any of us refuse to feed them? It sounds like we will have loads of food to share 😉

PLEAS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Indeed Susan, we always have plenty of food. So Pleas are welcomed! So when we find we have too many people for are present venue we shall Leaps to the next large Hall we have reserved!

LEAPS

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,776 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to see who comes to our feast. It is hard for me to "sleep" knowing how much fun everyone else will have.

SLEEP
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Good thinking to have good sleeps while taking leaps towards our feast day. I hope we can all sleep! I can just imagine the peals of laughter and joy we will hear at our exciting event!

PEALS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    I agree Linda, hope we all can Sleep with all the excitement building up and all the Peals of Laughter we all will have. Our dinner is turning out to be a joyous event! And as we are so close to the seaside I can almost hear all the Seals barking up a tune for us…

SEALS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Food and entertainment both! Two "deals" at once.

DEALS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Ha ha! Yes, food and entertainment is right! That's what heals a broken spirit!

HEALS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    It is amazing to see a person become healed from the broken spirit. I want to celebrate with "peals" of laughter and songs to see this miracle.

PEALS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    With all the fruit we will be serving and the vegetables we are preparing, there will be plenty of peels left over. I wonder what we can do with them?

PEELS
  • 316Judith
    Options
    So true Susan with all those Peels left over from the Vegetable Peels and yes Linda with the Hardy Laughter and our Broken Spirit Healed. Susan you asked what we can do with all the Vegetable Peels? Wow, think of all the Reels of Peels we can use Grinding them up in our Food Processor to add flavour to the home made soups and stews. Sounds good to me! 😆

REELS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Those vegetable peels with add a wonderful flavor to the soups. The citrus peels will add a nice scent to the air if we cook them with water, cloves and other spices on the back burner of the stove. We do not want a strong scent though because that "reeks".

REEKS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    A very strong smell that would not be pleasant is cooked "leeks".

LEEKS
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Oooh, can I take peeks at the soup while it is cooking?

PEEKS
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    As you take peeks at the cooking soup, I will watch the eagles flying above the "peaks" of the mountains.

PEAKS
  • LosinSusin
    edited May 27
    Options
    That sounds nice. I found out today that my husband Colin can speak to raptors. Some Whistling Kites were flying above us at our last rest stop and he coaxed them down closer!

SPEAK

554ep2o9o51y.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    That looks like a really big bird. They probably felt safe with Colin since he was not holding a "spear" in his hand to hurt them.

SPEAR
  • 316Judith
    Options
    I agree Linda, the bird looked very large but with Colin having a way to speak and coax him down closer Colin wasn’t a threat to him. No worries Linda about any Spear in Colin’s hand. So if Colin keeps coaxing and having a way to speak to the bird we might Reaps some entertainment at our dinner.

REAPS

• LosinSusin
    edited May 28
    Options
    I wonder if the Kite would like some pears? Probably not, but we can try offering it some fruit.

PEARS

The whistling kite ranges in size from 50 to 60 cm (20 to 24 in), with a wingspan between 123 and 146 cm (4 ft 0 in and 4 ft 9 in).[2] Weights range from 380 to 1,050 g (0.84 to 2.31 lb) an average of 600 to 750 g (1.32 to 1.65 lb) for males and 750 to 1,000 g (1.65 to 2.20 lb) for females.[2] As with most raptors, females are larger and heavier than males; though there is considerable overlap between the sexes, females can be up to 21% larger and 42% heavier.[3] Southern birds are also larger than those found in the tropics.[2] Male and female plumages are the same. Wikipedia

85dlcq0xky2x.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Great idea Susan, giving the Kite Pears, sounds yummy to me and I’m not even a Kite! 😆

Thank you for all the great info on these Birds! They are a Hardy bird with their weight and wing span. Hope we don’t need to worry about Hunters wanting to hunt these birds down. I heard they don’t just use a gun and shoot them down but lure them down within reach and Spear them. I am already crying thinking about maybe seeing these birds killed.

SPEAR