Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,506 Member
    The tide can make a difference very quickly in the dept of the water on the shore. As someone "wades" in the water, care must be taken to not get swept away with the tide.

WADES
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,378 Member
    edited July 28
    Wide tides hide the sand a lot too. I love how a sea creature hides from the waves by digging into the sand.

HIDES
  • Healthyme7410
    Sea creatures know how to keep safe from the waves. Some also hide in the "shade" of rocks and coral reefs.

SHADE
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,562 Member
    Sea Creatures are smart. We can learn a lot from them. They know where to Hide and know where to find Shade. They can find a certain (Shape) of rock or shell and they go for it and can hide from anything.

SHAPE
  • Healthyme7410
    They have tough outer skin to protect them from the "sharp" edges of the shells and corral that they hide in.

SHARP
  • 316Judith
    Yes that’s so true Linda they do have tough outer skin to protect them from the Sharp edges. So let’s Share some Shells with them.

• LosinSusin
    It is a shame that many people take shells from the beach so there are no shells left for the sea creatures to live in. I am guilty of taking the odd shell. Shame on me.

Shame
  • Healthyme7410
    I do have some shells that I have picked up. I did not think about leaving them there for the sea creatures. The shells I take are pretty small so I do not know if they could fit into them. The pushing and the pulling it would take to get into the small shell would hurt as it "mashs" their tentacles, fins, arms, etc. (Yes, it needs an "e" to properly spell mashes)

MASHS
  • Healthyme7410
    I do like octopuses and the way they swim. I heard that they are very smart and can solve puzzles. I have a picture of one on my pillow "shams" on my bed.

SHAMS
  • LosinSusin
    edited August 1
    Octopuses/Octopi are as smart as a human 2 year old and just as mischievous! They love exploring. I once found one swimming in shallow water and it enjoyed watching me. It swam and climbed to keep up with me on my beach walk. After that I always thought it was a shame they often wind up on a plate, but many of our food animals in general are quite intelligent and responsive to us so I guess that's no argument.

SHAME
  • 316Judith
    I am just as guilty with picking up Shells over the years, my Mom and I would spend hours walking the beach finding Shells and pretty shaped stones bringing them home and we would use them in planter pots and I have put some shells and stones in my bird bath for the smaller birds to stand on them as they bathe and get a drink. And speaking of animals and sea food ending up on our plates. Yes it is a Shame.I love seeing the Shape of Stones and Shells on the Beach. It’s hard to resist picking them up.

SHAPE
  • 316Judith
    As I did my gardening I admired the Shapes of Stone I saw in my rock garden. Amazing there can be so many stones Shells in a different shape from another. You have to be careful handling the stones as some are Sharp around the edges.

SHARP
  • LosinSusin
    Garden Stones and Shellssure can be sharp! Some remind me of shark teeth! Be careful with those, Judith.

SHARK
  • Healthyme7410
    We must not "shirk" our duties of protecting animals that can not speak for themselves.

SHIRK
  • LosinSusin
    Maybe we can design a shirt to let others know about animals that need protection.

SHIRT
  • Healthyme7410
    I love the idea Susan! Maybe we can have a color coordinated "skirt" also. What are your favorite colors?

SKIRT
  • 316Judith
    I love A variety of colours, surprise me Susan and Linda. The main thing is we protect our animals. We don’t want anyone to Trick the animals to be careless and get hurt on the Sharp corners of the Shells!

TRICK
  • Healthyme7410
    Yes, if we find anyone who is careless and would hurt out sea friends, we need to "track" them down and alert the authorities.

TRACK
  • LosinSusin
    Yes, we could be trackers! I do love bright, cool cours but if we're going to be trackers then maybe camouflage colours would be better. Then we could crack cases without being easily seen.

CRACK
  • 316Judith
    Great ideas Linda and Susan, we will wear camouflage clothes so we can still crack the cases. And you can find Racks of camouflage clothes at the Mall!

RACKS