Shrinking Assets Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Hi
    Can I be moved to maintenance? It seems I keep losing/gaining the same 1 to 2lbs I think this will be the sweet spot for me
    CW: 151.2

I just want to make sure this is done - no one answered me and I don't want to get dinged for not weighing in

Thx

You are now officially in the Goal Zone! You should keep weighing in weekly just to make sure you are holding steady. I put your maintenance zone as 150-155, but you can change that at any time. If you go over 155 for 2 weeks in a row, you come back to the "regular" team until back into your zone. The main difference is that your weigh-ins don't count in the team stats each week, but you're still here and one of the gang! There is a good maintenance thread as well if you have anything you want to share with your fellow maintainers. Welcome!

Thank you for the info & answering me! I appreciate it!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,908 Member
    Options
    It is that time to recruit new members for the month of November ... If any of you have any friends that you think would love to join our amazing group ...Please encourage them to sign up :) Thank you
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10847112/registration-for-new-members-november-2021#latest
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,138 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    It is that time to recruit new members for the month of November ... If any of you have any friends that you think would love to join our amazing group ...Please encourage them to sign up :) Thank you
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10847112/registration-for-new-members-november-2021#latest

I'm sorry but I gave Megan the wrong link! It is now corrected:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10847168/registration-for-new-members-november-2021#latest
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    You have a new member joining you ...Please welcome @toriirving :)
  • toriirving
    toriirving Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, Everyone! I’m brand new to the group and am looking forward to working hard to reach my goals to building a support network!

I’m turning 40 in just a few months and I have really slid off the rails over when it came to my habits and eating over the last few months! I really want to regain my focus and get back to my healthier habits and a regular routine. I’m from Northern Michigan and the winter is long and dark but exercise, good nutrition, and a motivating group will help me get through and stay focused!!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ...Please welcome @justanotherloser007 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    New member joining you soon .... Please welcome @pipsqueak34 :)
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    This has been the wildest week of my life. Last Wednesday I gave birth to our perfect healthy baby girl <3 we stayed in the hospital until Saturday and have been getting used to life with a baby for a few days now.

It’s amazing how much better I felt physically immediately after giving birth. I’m so much more agile, less in pain and everything is just easier. Even sitting is easier, despite having some stitches. Of course we’re still taking things slow, but we’ve been taking a little daily walk every day since Sunday. Today our walk was already a full mile! I’m definitely struggling mentally due to lack of sleep, problems with the baby’s eating and getting used to our new life in general, but at least I’m slowly getting my body back and things should start turning around soon. My husband is on paternity leave for 2 weeks, and his transformation into a doting daddy is amazing, he takes really good care of both our daughter and me.

I haven’t properly weighed myself yet. I tried my old scale but there’s definitely some issues with that one. It sounds like an excuse, but even with all this bloating I find it hard to believe I only lost 3lbs in childbirth when I gave birth to an 8.2lb baby plus placenta, lost all that amniotic fluid and was registered with 1lb blood loss. Baby’s first post-hospital checkup is on Monday so I’ll try the scale there - it’s at my maternity clinic so that’s the scale they’ve been weighing me on for the past 9 months.

Congratulations on your baby girl, and she's a good size too! Yeah, your scale does sound more than a bit screwy! Glad everything went well and hope you manage to get some sleep!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Maintenance
    CW: 151.8
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Shrinking Assets group @toriirving, @justanotherloser007, @pipsqueak34, and @Stefbomb2020!

@toriirving - The darker winter months take more effort for me to stay on track. I’m originally from Boston so I grew up enjoying winter activities like ice skating, sledding, and skiing; but it takes more time and planning because now I live in Alexandria, VA (just across the bridge from Washington, DC) and we don’t get as much snow. I’m hoping to incorporate more yoga, strength training, and walking into my routine this winter. Of course, nutrition is the most important consideration for weight loss or maintenance so I’m going to try making homemade soups. I think soup will serve as nice warm comfort food during winter and also allows me to incorporate beans for extra protein while I’m concentrating on building muscle.

Do you - or other team members - have any special seasonal adjustments you make to your nutrition or exercise routine?

@Stefbomb2020 - Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and welcome back to MFP. Do you have any insights to share from your previous experience with MFP? I’ve found it very helpful for keeping me on track and more balanced by consciously checking in each day and reflecting on my weekly data results.

Congratulations to @hipari on welcoming your daughter! And, welcome back from your travels @TheMrWobbly! I hope you enjoyed the change of scenery on the other side of your laptop at least. Sometimes even that can be reenergizing.

I hope everyone is doing well. My weekly check in day is Thursday so I’ll be back again tomorrow.
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal ..... indeed MFP had me on track successfully losing weight.... till I fractured my leg and was on bed rest. Only eating and taking rest.... but now I'm back... gonna shed everything....it would be my 1st Christmas in UK.... so I have to get back on track....

MFP daily tracking doesn't allow us most of the time to go off track... that's what I like
This discussion has been closed.