Trimstones Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    I’ve been reading the Wheel of Time series for ever. I like the books but find it hard to read before bed. I like them so much I don’t like to put them down. I’m on book 5

I’m also reading a Nicholas Sparks book currently, and a Nora Roberts one as well. I always have at least 2 books on the go.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    ncfitbit
    10/4-8,991
    10/5-6,845

Captain's challenge
    Last week I was mostly focused on planning meals and making sure I tracked everything I put in my mouth. It was eye-opening how much I was used to eating "just a little bite of". It reminded me that I enjoy all my food more when I sit down and really enjoy it.

This week my focus is still on planning and tracking, but figuring out to do that when things get nutty. For example, yesterday my daughter's ultimate frisbee game ran late so my plans for dinner got sidetracked. I scrambled a little, but it worked out. Usually that would have been an excuse to order out. Maybe I just need to plan for dinner to be easier or ready ahead of time on game nights? My husband and daughter are vegetarian so I don't use my crock pot as much I like, but I know I can come up with something easy for these kinds of nights. We love stews in the fall and those taste better after sitting around so I will make sure I have that ready for next game.

• ncfitbit
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I forgot to say that I love reading, too! I don't read as much as I used to, but if I can force myself to put down my phone, that is what I like to do in the evenings. My favorite authors are Ann Patchett and Liane Moriarty, but I have to admit that I frequently return to my dog-eared Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte novels like I'm visiting old friends. I'm trying to branch out and read other genres, but I have to convince myself to do it. Love to get suggestions from others!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 If I can get your steps for Oct 1st and 2nd, we'll be done with the stats for September. Please let me know ...thanks!
    Jessica

Sorry @jessicakrall8 I thought I had gone to the end of the month.I'm still in holiday mode,don't know what day it is half the time !
    10/1 9,617
    10/2 9,223
    10/3 18,024
    10/4 3,385
    10/5 6,983

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    10/5-11,708
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Wednesday, October 06
    • Exercise: gym
    • Knee push-ups: yes, 3x10
    • Net calories: 892
    • Protein: 95
    • Steps: 10.546 / 8.500
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I had another good food and exercise day. Protein on point as well. I was getting a fiber optic internet cable installed at home; they do this for free for everyone, even if you don't want/use it (which I won't). The guy showed up 1,5 hours early when I was still half naked from the shower after the gym. Then he said the cable was in the wrong spot. Instead of near the front door, it had to go to the other side of the house and into the livingroom. He tracked mud through the whole house while installing a new box inside so I spent 20 minutes cleaning up after he was gone. Next week they are going to dig up half my garden again to put the cable under the ground. So that was quite a lot of annoying things! I really wanted that all to be finished yesterday because I had planned to put some bulbs at front, but now I can't do that. All that effort for something I am not even going to use, oh well. Plan for today is more garden work and plant delivery somewhere in the afternoon.
    Happy Thursday everyone. <3
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Steps

10/05 - 7,898
    10/06 - 7,088
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,082 Member
    Options
    6v4u1jhpqfj5.jpg

Step Challenge Results for September

Week 1 - Izzyred9400 - 109,441 steps
    Week 2 - Ssssseika - 99,221 steps
    Week 3 - Izzyred9400 - 79,291 steps
    Week 4 - Ssssseika - 89,737 steps
    Week 5 - Ssssseika - 79,550 steps

Overall Results for September

1st Place - Ssssseika with 337,614 steps!!!
    2nd Place - Izzyred9400 with 319,468 steps!!
    3rd Place - Angmarie28 with 271,960 steps!

Great job to everyone who participated! We had nearly 1.6 million steps for the month! Look at US go!!! What will October look like?!! Who will pull out the big win for the month?!! Hope it's you!
  • ncfitbit
    Options
    Woo hoo! Way to go, steppers. That's inspiring!
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    10/06 - 5,782
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    10/6-7,705
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,082 Member
    Options
    qqyflpd7015m.png

Boy you guys are quiet this week...hope everyone is having a good week. Today was better than yesterday, although it was busy, it was much less stressful. I'll take busy over stressed ANY day.

Tomorrow is Friday and then the weekend!! Hope to hear from each of you soon!
    Jessica :smile:
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yes 🙌🏼 Friday Eve!!!
    Can’t wait for the weekend and to celebrate thanksgiving. I haven’t seen some of these family members except for very quick driveway visits in 2 years.
    It will be a busy prep day for me on Friday and Sunday. I’m making cake pops, brownie pops and 2 apple pies for Saturday. Then 1 apple pie 1 pumpkin pie and home made dinner rolls for Monday. I got the cake, pie dough and brownies made today. So mostly assembly tomorrow.

My daughter who is staying in a mental health group home is coming home this weekend to visit as well. I’m happy, stressed and worried about that one. I miss her, however the home and other children are doing so much better with her living away. Hopefully it goes well and we don’t have any breakdowns etc.
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    10/07 - 14,208
  • Pupowl
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Thursday, October 07
    • Exercise: no
    • Knee push-ups: no
    • Net calories: 579
    • Protein: 77
    • Steps: 11.761 / 8.500
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I had a very exhausting Thursday. I think I spent around 5 hours total working in the garden. Half of it was pulling out weeds by hand. The other half was removing buxus shrubs along the fence. I had to hang on some of them with my full weight to yank them out. I should probably have considered my calorie burn, but I didn't adjust my eating. I burned about the same as on a gym day! I had no energy left for the knee push-ups. I finished in the garden around 17:20, had a much needed shower, then relaxed with some tea, did the dishes and then I was pretty much done and crawled to bed.

Very sore this morning, mostly my legs and the middle of my back. Today should be a little easier because I don't have to do everything alone. My dad will be here around 9. I am going to pop to the grocery store before he shows up to buy some bread and buns and something tasty to snack on. I will put some pictures in the spoiler if anyone wants to see what I have been up to.
    Before:

lmgLKl3.jpg

After:

EYZAHyR.jpg

There were shrubs all along the fence. Also no idea why it's floating in some places, there are like 20 cm gaps under the fence.

p0TmnWI.jpg

All the 'trash' I collected:

QFJK5bW.jpg
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Steps

10/07 - 8,883
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yukie86
    Steps update:
    10/5 - 8904
    10/6 - 7711
    10/7 - 6797

Happy Friday everyone... Congrats to the steppers- you'll need to share how you all maintain such great numbers on your daily step counts.
    My daily goal is 6500 steps, which seems small, but I'm taking a very patient approach to these habit/goals now. My usual tendency is to set big goals and go all out, which tends to have a very short lifespan before I drop off disappointed in myself.

@pupowl - great work with the garden (really like that tall plant with little purple flowers).
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @yukie86
    Thank you! The plant is a type of verbena, butterflies and bees really like it. :smile:
    Also a good idea with your steps I think. It's more motivating to set a realistic goal you can make. You can always adjust it next month if it's going well.
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ewilhelm2487
    Friday
    PW: 216.9
    CW: 218.9
This discussion has been closed.