Trimstones Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 273 Member
    Options

CasandraW wrote: »
    Just wanted to show yesterdays baking work.
    jbdau0a35n3x.jpeg

Those cake pops look fantastic 🧡. Love the fall colors. What kind of pies are those? I love pie 😊
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    k91matcaxpln.jpg

...TO POST YOUR WEIGH-IN FOR THE WEEK!

@CharmingPassion
    @ellie3285
    @jennifersusanmcdougall
    @shell2is
    @laceyf53
    @Arc130
    @DreaRN15

Stats start early in the morning...tomorrow starts week 3 for the Captain's challenge...what will you work on this week?!! Be thinking about it...
    Jessica
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Arc130
    Saturday 10/9/2021
    PW: 201.7
    CW: 199.2

That initial water weight is coming off.
  • Arc130
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    Just wanted to show yesterdays baking work.
    jbdau0a35n3x.jpeg

Those are some fabulous looking cake pops and pies!
  • Arc130
    Options

I ended up walking a bit and got my steps in Friday night even with all the overtime!! Today, I've had a really nice day...doing a few things around the house, trip to the store and I was SO IN CONTROL TODAY! Really proud of myself! Starting to crave, so I'm gonna go ahead and prepare what I'd planned for dinner and not go nuts. Enjoy your weekend!
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8 That's awesome! Good job on control. I know how difficult it gets. :smile:
  • Arc130
    Options
    I did ok with logging. I only missed the one day.
    I'll continue with that. For the Captain's challenge this week I will work on drinking a glass of water before I eat my meals (unless there's soup) which is to remind me to slow down when I eat. During my meal I will take pauses and put the fork down as well as talk to the people around me so that I'm not up getting seconds while others are only half finished.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    DreaRN15
    Saturday
    PW 277.2
    CW 277.8

Work kicked my butt this week so no workouts but I'm glad this was only as much as I gained. I was mindful of what I ate though, so that helped. On to next week and back into step aerobics!!
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    Options
    Lw 185.1
    Cw 186.1
  • napattack9558
    napattack9558 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    Oct 5: 4459
    Oct 6: 9581
    Oct 7: 6017
    Oct 8: 4715
    Oct 9: 6216
  • Arc130
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Saturday, October 09
    • Exercise: no
    • Knee push-ups: yes
    • Steps: 10.999 / 8.500
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I cleaned the house on Saturday which was nice. That was also the only nice thing about the day. A little upset with myself. Good thing is I have a week to fix it before the next weigh in.

The sunrise was really pretty this morning. I walked outside to get some pictures.

O5a2gWv.jpg

Beautiful picture! I hope today goes great for you.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @yukie86 Apple pies with a crumble top. :)
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW those cake pops & crumbles look to good to resist ! I hope you didn't have too many 🤔
    @Pupowl that sky is amazing,I love a good sunset.
    @jessicakrall8 you're doing great with your self control,keep it up.Its definitely all in the mind set.I'm slowly getting my focus,just need to work on my self control.
    So this week I am going to make good food choices & fill in my food diary the day before.Hopefully I won't be tempted to go over my calories.
    I have an appointment at the hospital this wednesday at last !! Hopefully I can find out if I damaged any tendons in my shoulder.🤞
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    o87gkinnnkvw.jpg

nclv9k2txcb0.jpg

Week 3 of the Captain's Challenge...

For this week, I'd like each of you to cut/paste and answer each of these questions please...
    1. So, what was the biggest success of Week 2 of the challenge for you?
    2. What could have used a little more work?
    3. What was your biggest struggle?
    4. How will you work to combat that during Week 3?
    5. What will be your focus for Week 3?
    6. What's your plan to set yourself up for success?
    7. What's your plan B if you start to struggle?
    ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN B...

For myself, on week 1, I worked on weighing in, as I was coming off a scale break and wanted to really concentrate on accountability...on week 2, I worked on calorie control as I wanted to make sure I was staying within my plan and working steadily towards my goals...so for week 3, I will focus on journaling...did a little bit last week with another walking challenge that I do...not only am I wanting to faithfully pay attention to recording all of my food, water and exercise, but I'm also doing some soul searching, listing my struggles and working through setting some mini goals, short term and long term goals. I really think it's all about planning.

Hope the postings from each person participating, gives you a glimmer of hope...a few ideas or even creates a few things to think about...that's all a part of supporting each other. PLEASE use this group for more than just recording your weight each week...otherwise, you're locking yourself away from a HUGE source of not only accountability, but also strength, ideas and motivation. We ALL need that...

Here's to an amazing week ahead...you've GOT this!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Here's my thoughts on the challenge:

So, what was the biggest success of Week 2 of the challenge for you?
    I did well in controlling my calories...because I planned my meals in advance, I didn't have to do much thinking when I was tired or hungry and mealtime approached. It took the hard work away, I just followed my plan.

What could have used a little more work?
    I probably should have had a meal plan B written down...then I wouldn't have had to fight the cravings so hard...

What was your biggest struggle?
    Some work stresses exploded this week and that always throws a curve. Can't really plan for the unexpected, but thanks to my planning and my plan B with some frozen meals always on stand by, if I had fought against my regular meal plan, I had an alternative on stand by. Had a few cravings too this week, but I just said no to those.

How will you work to combat that during Week 3?
    I've got a list of my food plan for the week and a plan B on the side in case I don't want my planned meals...all fitting within my calorie goals.

What will be your focus for Week 3?
    My focus this week will be on journaling. As I said earlier, another walking challenge that I do has some inspiration starters and I use those to tie in with my nutritional concerns. I'm on a steady progression and am enjoying the feeling of the successes I'm seeing. Most of all, I like the way I'm feeling over the past few weeks...my pain in my joints is less and my energy levels are up. I LOVE how I'm feeling...

What's your plan to set yourself up for success?
    Planning to work and working my plan...got my meals planned out...set aside daily time to think about and plan for the future...listing and sharing my struggles and successes with you guys and listening to how you're all doing...using all of that as inspiration really keeps me motivated to keep on keepin on! Most of all I love how I'm feeling lately...and I want to keep getting stronger...

What's your plan B if you start to struggle?
    My plan is to follow the tools I've put in place...work to avoid my triggers which lead me into stress eating and craving...and if worse comes to worse, I have sources for motivation and support...you guys are a big part of that...your comments in MFP, Fitbit, etc. really help to keep me going. Thank you all for helping me move towards continued success.

I wanna earn my proverbial t-shirt:

1ie51brf0op3.jpg

Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    19vdnjsifkth.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    ryu7l2ewh9lw.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    The Results are In!

Starting this week, we are trying something new. All weekly/monthly results posts will be in the new Announcements and Results thread. Please let us know what you think of this new format (a simple "like" or "disagree" at the bottom of the post would suffice).

You can find this week's results HERE

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did this week...

hdh8odyz5ela.png
This discussion has been closed.