Daily Eating on a Budget Chat

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Hugs, prayers and well wishes to those who need them.

Today has been a sunny, chilly day. Went to church. We celebrated the Minister's birthday that was last Tuesday. We were supposed to celebrate last Sunday but he was on vacation. Of course for Lent and as a tiny habit I gave up sweets. Well I had a piece of birthday cake. When I mentioned to the Minister that I gave up sweets he said that it was a good thing it was Sunday as things we give up for Lent we can have on Sundays. Lol don't know if it's true. Completed workouts, did dishes, laundry, studying, and some decluttering. Also played Wii sports with Hubby.
  • CSEGUIN2
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was more of a rest day. We've had freezing rain on and off all day and rained the rest of the time. Completed my aerobics then got ready and went to a meeting. Planned to finish workouts when got home but son was here and hung with him and did chores instead. Tomorrow is rest weigh and TOPS day. Unless TOPS get's cancelled by morning due to the weather. It'll also be pay day so have errands to run tomorrow afternoon.
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hello!

@CSEGUIN2 I hope that your weather gets better! Lately, the weather has been rain here.

Roommate wanted one of her favorites today. Penne marinara. She and the other roommate went to Walmart and she told me to prepare some when she got home. What did they do? Ate at McDonald's. So, I had a lunch meat sandwich

I get frustrated because the roommates want food on the grocery list that I am not accustomed to. for example, pierogi's
    or chicken Alfredo from Sam's Club. Uuugh

Have a good evening. Hugs!

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

It has been crazy since Tuesday.

Tuesday - Went to TOPS and lost 4.25 lbs! We have a place to stay when we go to our PRD(Provincial Recognition Days) and I can afford to go. When I got home Hubby got mad and punched the front door. Went to the clinic, then pharmacy, then x-rays, then bank, lunch, and then shopping. While shopping got the results that he fractured a knuckle. Didn't get home till about 6 pm and was just exhausted.

Wednesday - Sat in emerge from 9 am - about 4:45. While at emerge I did try to get some steps in but mainly studied and tried to keep Hubby calm. He hates being in hospitals. No one knows why the clinic Dr referred him to emerge. They temporarily stabilized it and wrapped it with a tensor bandage and sent us on our way. Now just waiting for the plastic surgeon to contact us. We then went to the liquor store and then home. Went to our friends to hang out and have dinner. She misses us since we don't see eachother as much since the job loss.

Today - Slept all morning except when had to give Hubby his meds. Gotta love it being his good hand. Did a little cleaning, boiled potatoes for potato salad for dinner at my friend's again tomorrow, and watched tv. Still waiting for the call from the fracture clinic. Hoping tomorrow I will be refreshed and ready to get back to my workouts.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

So Hubby was mad at someone and instead of punching them he punched the door. We're still waiting for the fracture clinic to call. But he doesn't seem to be in pain with it wrapped.

Yesterday was a busy day. Got workouts done, walked to a neighborhood grocery store, made potato salad. I also got some other things done as well. Around 2 I headed to my friends house around the corner. We were having a BBQ. Yes in the winter storm. Didn't get a picture. We had rain, ice, snow, and thunder snow.Had a great time but was a slushy walk home.

Today is a beautiful sunny day. Did my video, studied, dishes, laundry and shoved snow for a total of over 2 hrs. My muscles are still so sore.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Today, while organizing my bedroom office, I found a laptop that was hiding underneath my desk that formerly did not work. Guess what? Works like a charm!

I am utilizing such laptop as we speak!

I am still buying a new laptop and a new cellular phone with my April work pay but it is always nice to have a spare that works.

Finally, I would liike to have more MFP friends but they are so hard to find.

Hugs!

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

The things we find when we clean lol. Glad you'll have a spare. Most of my MFP friends come from the 5% challenge team. A lot of them were Sparks members as well.

The last few days have been a bit off. Saturday night found out my sister tested positive for COVID. Today her boyfriend did as well. So far my son is not feeling well but has not tested positive yet. He was here Monday and Tuesday so hoping he didn't bring it with him. Went to church yesterday, studied, did laundry and dishes, all worked on decluttering our DVD collection. Hubby said we didn't have more than 400 lol. Turns out we do as the DVD binder I bought is almost full and only holds 400 and I still have a bunch to put in. Today I just couldn't get myself to get dressed and exercise. So instead I studied and read a book I hadn't been reading lately. I know part of the issue is I haven't been drinking my usual amount of water and am probably dehydrated. Also played cards with Hubby both yesterday and today. Tomorrow is TOPS, rest and weigh day. Not sure how I will do but I know I can only do better.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been sunny and beautiful. Woke up to a bit of snow and ice from overnight. So got a little snow removal in before TOPS. Gained 0.25 lb. I am okay with that as I expected it to be a bigger gain. If all goes well I will be back on track this week. After posting last night I received a text from my sister saying my Son has now tested positive. Praying our house stays COVID free. To be safe I wore a mask when I was out for my meeting. Don't want to infect anyone at TOPS if I can help it. But I still don't have symptoms. My energy seemed to be back today so did walking at TOPS and am doing step-ups every hour.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a sunny day! Today I got up and completed all my exercises, and studied. Also went to Walmart for new shoes and a few things for tomorrow's dinner. After lunch played a couple games of cards with Hubby. Still need to do dishes and laundry.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a mostly sunny day. Got lots done. Exercise, studying, dishes, laundry, finished taking all the Christmas and winter deco down, washed windows and put up St. Patrick's day deco. Oh and I even dusted in the living room and did some more decluttering. So far we are COVID free. I think we'll be fine and got really lucky. Tomorrow will be snow and a bit of it. Looking forward to the extra exercise and money.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Son is still coughing but wearing a mask at work. Not sure how my sister and her boyfriend are doing as I haven't talked to them.

Today was another productive and busy day thanks to the snow. Completed all workouts, studied, did dishes, laundry, shoveled snow for 2 properties, and played cards with Hubby. Still need to get some decluttering done today.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been mostly sunny. Had a more relaxed day today. But still got , my exercise done, did dishes, laundry, studied and read my bookclub book. Also played cards with Hubby. Need to still do some decluttering somewhere, but maybe not today.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a nice relaxed day. Studied, went to church via walking, did my exercises and played cards with Hubby. Also need to do dishes, laundry, and finish reading the chapters for my bookclub.

Logged in to my school account to look at something and noticed that my next course materials have been shipped and I have still not received them. It's only supposed to take 10 business days. Gotta love Canada Post sometimes. Sent the school an email about it and waiting for a response. I hope it comes soon as I am almost done with the material I have. I don't want to have to take a break and lose momentum.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Snow all day again but no work as it's not sticking to sidewalks. Completed all exercise, studied, did laundry and dishes. Also organized one of my kitchen cabinets and played cards with Hubby. Heard back from school. It was delivered on February 24 according to the tracking number. I was home that day when it was apparently delivered. So I contacted Canada Post and was informed that since it has been more than 3 days since delivery the sender has to start the investigation with Canada Post. Messaged the school back and informed them of this. Waiting for a response.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today is sunny but cold. Last night it snowed so I had a dusting to clean and then salt as it was a little icy underneath. That was around 8 am and my fingers froze even with gloves on. Oh well more money in my pocket. Went to TOPS. Gained 3.5 lbs. I know where the struggles were and am working on fixing it. Also today I also had a moment of being honest with myself. You see when Hubby hurt his hand I was using it as an excuse not to play Wii sports and march. He was willing to play the whole time with the opposite hand. Well that excuse stopped today and we played. Felt good to do that instead of playing cards. I need the extra exercise as we're partying at our friends Thursday for her heaven bound Hubby's birthday, and Friday for St. Patrick's day. Also got word from school that they have started the investigation with Canada Post. Otherwise I have no clue what's going to happen with my course. Waiting for a response about that.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been sunny and chilly. Also very busy. Did all exercise, studied, dishes, walked to the bank, liquor store, and grocery store, made 4 boxes of jello into jello shots, and played Wii sports with Hubby. Lots of steps today. Once I finish my studies I have here I am at a standstill. Not completely happy but will be able to use the time to work on other things. Tomorrow is planned and will be fun I am sure as always. Most likely will not check in till Friday or Saturday.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA. It's been a crazy 7 days. Had a great time partying with my friends Thursday and Friday. Both were very late nights compared to my 9 pm bedtime. Saturday I picked up a job from a client and spent 3 hours scraping plaster off the cement floor. Was in a lot of pain for days. Monday my Son came and spent the night. Tuesday was TOPS and weigh day. Gained 2 lbs. Not good but definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. Was supposed to go scrape more plaster off floors Tuesday afternoon but the client didn't even tell me he got called out of town on the weekend and won't be back for a week. Also had a meeting Tuesday night. So that was another late night. Wednesday worked on getting my chores caught up. Today more chores and exercise. Also played Wii sports with Hubby.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Hello...

My meals have been very frugal. Yay!

Are you frugal when preparing or planning meals? That is what this team is all about.

• beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 862 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Howdy folks! Sending much peace and love vibes to you. You both are doing great!

I've been MIA as my care giving duties have increased. I've been giving lots of reiki to our little poodle, petey. I think he may be trying to transition, but I just take it day by day. He is a sweet pea.

I am feeling better from whatever bug I had so that's good news! I've been eating frozen meals for now as I was so busy with other stuff, I just don't have time. It's nice to have a break from cooking.

I recommend aldi's bremmers shepard's pie. It gives 4 big servings at only 15 carbs per serving and tastes good.

Hugs.

The pic is beautiful, by the way. :)
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I always try to be frugal but healthy when I make meals.

Today has been a chilly day. With that being said I still went for my walk and even added walking to the grocery store before going home equalling about 8 km. Did stop at Tim Hortons to use the bathroom so bought some timbits to take home. Also stopped at McDonald's for a sausage and egg McMuffin for breakfast. Normally I would have bought a combo with a diet coke. But not today just the sandwich. When I got home I spent over an hour doing the rest of my exercises. After lunch Hubby and I played Wii sports. Boy am I tired.