Daily Eating on a Budget Chat

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Glad you have cupboards again! I love tuna sandwiches!

Today was a great day! Asked Hubby this morning if he was ready for music. He said sure as long as it was CDs and not the radio. So I got out my muchdance ones and ended up doing some dancing to my favorite songs. Of course it wasn't tracked but that's ok. Felt so much better. Went with my Son to the doctor's and he is no longer prediabetic! His only issue is his vitamin D is a little to low. I told him that losing weight is what helped him. He was so happy. I hopr this helps his motivation to keep losing weight.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another great day! I did 1 set of my usual workout that I haven't done in weeks. Felt so great to complete even just 1 set. Today's weather has be rain, sleet, and now snow. Got to love winter storms. Also was productive with studying and chores.
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am happy for you! I can only dance when I am drunk! LOL

We roommates fended for ourselves today with meals. I like it that way. I hate all of the arguing about what we each want for meals. I had soup and sandwich... ramen noodles soup with corn and an Angus burger.

I was contacted about making plans for the annual women's conference that I attend in the Spring. For the past 2 years the conference has been cancelled due to the coronavirus. The conference is a Christian gathering of women held in Amish country at the Carlisle Hotel. I cannot wait as I need a break.

I need a mocha. I am going to attempt to side hustle tonight as my books are not in yet to review. As side hustles, I write articles for different websites. As a job, I write book reviews.

Have a good evening!

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Frugal you're a very busy person. I sometimes wonder how you fit it all in. My day is busy and have troubles finding time to get everything done.

Today has been a very active day! Started by shoveling snow 1/2 ft - 1 ft (3 properties), then I did all my workouts including 2 sets of my core and lower body workout (no bands), after lunch I walked to work and cleaned for my client for about 1 1/2 hrs and then walked home. Also got some studying, laundry and dishes done. Now it's time to relax. Also my family had there third death this year. My grandfather's sister passed away the other day. I have many found memories from when I was young and we would visit them. As she lives so far away we most likely won't be able to attend the service. Tomorrow will be a fun day and am looking forward to sharing it with you tomorrow.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Hello! Attached is a link for a coaching job that I thought you might be interested in.

https://healthclickaway.com/become-health-coach/
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Frugal thank you for the link. I did give it a look and I do have a dream at one day being a coach. First I want to concentrate on the studies I have and learn as much as I can from them.

Today was a great day! Morning of studying and working out. We decided to wait till tomorrow for our trip as the winds are high and chance of white outs. Afternoon was movie time. Dinner is left overs so enjoying my relaxation.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another great day. Studied, and workouts done early. Then got ready to go to my cousin's. Also got my grade back from my first exam. 92%! Only got 2 wrong. Anyways went with my sister and her husband, as well as my son to see my cousin and his family. Got to meet and hold the newest member of the family. He is so tiny and cute. My son was that small but don't remember him being so tiny. We ate and chatted. We then played a game. Not many steps but that's ok.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a busy day. Studied, went to mom's to try and get things ready for Wednesday's final big move and did laundry while I was there to use up the money on the laundry card. Also did some exercises but not my main workout as I had upset my lower back at Mom's. Also played cards (skipbo) with Hubby. Calories are better today. My friend called to update me on her husband who is in the hospital. He is not doing good and is on life support.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

Got on the scale and lost 3.05 lbs! Woohoo! Was highest loser since our last weigh-in in January!

After that had lunch and did my exercise (had to force myself).

Wtg got your weight loss and for exercising when you didn't feel like it! That's great!
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I love my Keurig too. I have an electric tea kettle for when I want my loose leaf teas.

Things are going better here. I am starting to recondition my body after a long period of illness. I've been raking gumballs from our sweet gum tree in increments of 10 minutes. I did 30 minutes the other day, 10 minutes at a time. I do it when I take the dogs out to the backyard. The balls hurt to step on them. I used to hate them falling off the tree until I realized that the birds and squirrels eat the fruit inside them. Talk about a change in attitude! They actually serve a good purpose! I see them as an easy way to get exercise outdoors now! I found out some people sell them for crafts, too. Amazing.

Anyway, my energy levels vary and sometimes tank on certain days so I have been locating some easier meals to fix at the store. I found some precooked burgers at Sam's, and it was so easy to fix dinner tonight without the hassle of cleaning up a greasy skillet. The burgers were delicious.

The brand Del Real has delicious pork tamales at Sam's. I find Sam's to be expensive on some things, but other things are worth it for me to buy. I also bought delicious tomatoes, bell peppers, and apples, and the packages were enormous! We have eaten well this week. I did stuffed bell peppers as one of our meals. Sis wants me to shop there more often, but I must be careful of our space needs. Everything there is large--a large amount!

For a simple breakfast, I serve poached eggs over salted, sliced tomatoes. Delish!

We just have two meals a day, but I am expected to do most of the cooking. The energy I do have these days, I'd rather spend outside!

Post the picks of your new cabinets! I'd love to see them.

Enjoy your week, ladies.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Becca that's a great way to look at outside chores that are not always fun

Rained on and off all day. Today is rest weigh and TOPS day. Gained 7.5 lbs🙄. I knew I was struggling but not that much. Oh well. Once I get everything back on track, finish dealing with Mom's stuff and find my new routine that works maybe I will reach that goal. Loaded up on veggies and fruit at the store between the rains.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    The kitchen walls are being painted tomorrow! No photos yet until fully complete. I cannot wait. All has to depend on the weather...the reason the job has been taking forever.

Today for dinner, we had mac n cheese with fruit cocktail. A very frugal meal!

My books are still not in yet. They usually arrive in a couple of days. I write book reviews as a job.

I miss my loved ones. We live far apart. I think of them and pray for them every day.

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Frugal I am looking forward to seeing the new kitchen done. Hope the rest goes fast.

We had snow all morning. It was light so not a big deal. We had the final big push of Mom's stuff. I just have to finish cleaning and bringing all those supplies home and the rest of what's in the freezer. Hoping to get that done tomorrow. So far calories are in control and I am not feeling hungry. Hoping today is the turning point for me.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Today is a side hustle day for me. Yet again. My books are still not in to review. Frustrating.

Not much to say today.

There are not very many comments on our other threads. Let's get this team rolling!

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Didn't make it to Mom's today. Concentrated on Me and my apartment today. Looks more like it will be on the weekend. We are supposed to get a snow storm tonight and have to work tomorrow unless she calls to cancel do to the snow. Also moving more to storage from my apartment. Hoping it's tomorrow but may not be till the weekend. I don't like not knowing what is happening when. To much in the air but trying to go with the flow. Also my Son is coming tomorrow for the weekend. Not sure where he will sleep if the stuff doesn't get moved tomorrow. Oh well we'll get creative I guess LoL.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    I hope everything works out for you! I always pray to the blessed virgin Mary.

Our landlord is buying lunch! He spoils the roommates and me. We are blessed to have him as a landlord and as a friend.

I hope that you have a good day! Stay safe in this weather!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very productive and busy day! We have had snow on and off all day and is still going. Not a lot but enough to make everything beautiful again. Finished writing my second exam and mailed it in. Got my hard copy of my first exam. My friend messaged me this morning to say we could do the move today to storage. So spent the morning getting the stuff ready for the move and shoveled snow for 3 properties. After lunch went to clean for my client. Then moved the boxes to storage with my Son's help. Of course by the time I got back home from my clients my lower back was bothering me really bad. Still is and hoping it will be better tomorrow.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another busy day! My back is still really sore. Went to Mom's apartment to finish the cleaning and removing of the last little bit (mostly cleaning supplies and the rest of what was in the freezer. Had my Son with me to help do the things my back wouldn't allow me to do as well as bring back everything. That was fun on the bus even with 2 carts. Also ran end of month errands. Also got some light exercise done as well. Almost done chapter 4 of studying already as it is a small chapter and is about body composition. I decided to take a short break after that chapter is complete. Everything that I wanted moved to storage was done yesterday with space to spare.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was sunny🌞and in the 40s F and a bit windy. Son and I went for a walk to get some groceries. Wanted to get a new yellow highlighter but that didn't happen as that store wasn't open yet. Went for a great walk at the river this evening. No where near what I was doing before it got to cold but it felt great. My back is still sore on and off but feels a lot better than it did. Tomorrow going to meet my brother to give him the keys at Mom's building so that he can do the walkthrough and turn them over to management. That will be another step in the process done of getting all Mom's stuff taken care of. I am glad it will be done but will definitely miss the routine of going there. Made chilli and cornbread for dinner.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was sunny🌞and in the 40s F and a bit windy. Son and I went for a walk to get some groceries. Wanted to get a new yellow highlighter but that didn't happen as that store wasn't open yet. Went for a great walk at the river this evening. No where near what I was doing before it got to cold but it felt great. My back is still sore on and off but feels a lot better than it did. Tomorrow going to meet my brother to give him the keys at Mom's building so that he can do the walkthrough and turn them over to management. That will be another step in the process done of getting all Mom's stuff taken care of. I am glad it will be done but will definitely miss the routine of going there. Made chilli and cornbread for dinner.