Brag About Your Savings

Options

Replies

• the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 Ok. Now I understand. Thank you!

My experiment failed.

I usually use expensive bottles of Jordan's Skinny Syrups for my iced mochas and mochas. 0 carbs 0 sugar 0 calories.

Well, I found a website with a DIY syrup recipe. I thought that I had found the mecca of coffee syrup!

I needed brown sugar, vanilla extract and water. That is all!

The instructions were to let simmer and stir until brown sugar dissolves and then let set for an hour.

The outcome? I could not even taste the brown sugar and faintly tasted the vanilla.

https://sugarandsoul.co/brown-sugar-simple-syrup/

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    You're welcome.

Today I saved almost $20 grabbing a few groceries.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    We have alot of spaghetti leftover from yesterday's dinner. The roommates do not consume leftovers. I do. So, for lunch, I got out a skillet and sauteed leftover spaghetti in vegetable oil! 2 pieces of butter bread with the spaghetti.

So, I am going to have another serving of sauteed leftover spaghetti in vegetable oil for dinner!

While growing up, my family and I never wasted food.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Leftovers are the best!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today went shopping to pick up some groceries. Saved $11. But used gift cards so to me that is actually saved $55 and actually had to only pay $7 cash.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today went shopping to get a few things had a gift card for $30 so only had to pay $3 out of pocket.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Yesterday I got so much food and other stuff from work the boss and the manager didn't want. Good thing it's cold outside. Can store some out there for now.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    I use water enhancers with my daily water. Yesterday, at Dollar Tree, I bought 5 boxes of True Lemon with 12 packets in each box. Any other water enhancer has only 6 packets in each box. Woo Hoo!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    On Sunday I bought 5 boxes of water enhancer for $1.00 at dollar general. Cheaper than dollar tree!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Our Saturday was a Dollar Tree meal! I prepared 2 boxes of Cheetos Bold and Cheesy Mac n Cheese for a grand total of $2.50!

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Saved $20 on 4 containers of strawberries!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    I have a BBQ to go to next Monday night. I didn't sign up to take a little treat but guess what? I played bingo this past week and won a huge bag containing 18 mini bags of potato chips! Sour cream, regular and bbq flavor!

Good? Bad?
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    That would be a great thing to take
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today saved $26.26 on groceries.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Yesterday, I bought ingredients for my latest obsession of Arnold Palmers! A box of tea bags from Dollar Tree for $1.25. Then, 3 lemon juice bottles from the local grocery store for 99 cents each!

As for food, I could kick myself! Earlier in the week, at the local grocery, Eckrich bologna packages were on sale for 2 for $5.00. I wanted the bargain but a roommate said later. So, we went later, and the sale was over. Now, the bologna is $2.99 each. grrrrrrrrrrr

• the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Yesterday, after having my morning iced coffee (hint hint... no expensive drive-thru!), a friend dropped off some huge treats!

1fnlexdp2n04.jpg

A huge box of party mix, 2 huge boxes of salt and vinegar chips and a bag of assortment chips!

mrfknaspfxy9.jpg

These treats come in handy with sandwiches. One less thing to have on our grocery list for quite a while!

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Saved almost $5 on eggs and broccoli today
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    I bought 3 bottles of Jordan's Skinny Syrups in the flavor of Pumpkin in the amount of $15.00 and a 2 bottles different flavor order in Vanilla! Each order was $15.00. Both found on eBay. If you purchase on her website, we are talking expensive.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today I saved almost $15 on my groceries.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Spent $127 on groceries and saved $48. So greatful for some great deals.