Brag About Your Savings

Options
123457»

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Spent $172 and saved $24 grocery shopping today.
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have been preparing Spaghetti Salad about once a week. I absolutely love it! I take a plate to my neighbor as she loves it too.

Well, a few days ago, a roommate and I prepared Potato Chip cookies! My favorite! I gave the neighbor a couple.

vsghfw417zzg.jpg

99ok20klw1fy.jpg

Guess what? The neighbor brought over day-old baked goods! She knows how I hate for food to be wasted.

36n6y3ytef5q.jpg

So, I am grateful.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Saved about $6 at the grocery store today
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Saved about $6 at the grocery store today
  • the_frugal_chef
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Recently, we roommates went to the city to Long John Silvers. We save some money each month so that we can treat ourselves every-so-often.

We bought a $20.00 meal with 6 pieces of fish, 6 pieces of chicken, 20 hush puppies and corn.

A very frugal meal for a restaurant!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Hello strangers!

I played bingo! Instead of playing for money, we play for prizes.

Do you know how individual 1-ounce bags of chips have 150 calories? I won a huge bag of veggie chips containing a bunch of small 1-once individual bags of veggie chips. Such individual 1-ounce bags only contain 70 calories. Good to have for sandwiches such as grilled cheeses, lunch meat sandwiches, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, hoagies, etc.

Very appreciated as is good for my health and good for my wallet.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Today was a very frugal day!

The cafe where I used to work, gave my roommate and myself 8 Angus burgers! We split the burgers 4 a piece.

Then, there are people that we call the "bread people" that bring we roommates day-old bread every month. I started a loaf of Sara Lee 100% whole wheat bread and placed the rest of the donated bread in our freezers.

Anyway, today, I had a donated Angus cheeseburger on donated bread!