TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November)

Options

Replies

• everydaywechoose
    everydaywechoose Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @Hoss
    My to do list this weekend; Get into the communtiy pool with my tunes and splash around for at least 30 min each afternoon
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    So, I ask you TBBT - What is your why?

Please share what made you decide to begin this journey, what motivation do you have?

@brandi_84 This is an excellent jumping off point for a thought provoking post which embodies both retrospection and envisioning the future! I would encourage everyone to be as specific as possible; everyone wants to "look better" and "feel better", but delve a little deeper!

MY WHYS

Looking Better:

1. My son is in a very serious relationship and a wedding is most certainly in the near future. (And if they cannot get their Visa situation figured out, it may be sooner than any of us thinks!) Those pictures are forever and I do not want any negative thoughts coming into my head every time I look at them! I only want happy memories, with no regrets! And I also want my son to be proud of my transformation, which would be evident in those photos.

2. My husband has gained a few pounds since our wedding, too, but no where near as many as I have. It hardly seems fair to him. He is always telling me how much he loves me and he still calls me his bride, so he deserves a woman that is closer to that woman in appearance! It would be one thing if there was a disease or serious injury responsible for my weight gain, but it is just me being self sabotaging and basically unappreciative of the good things that I have in my life, even if there are a few things missing.

3. My husband has a bucket-list dream of going to an opera or a symphony in Vienna or Prague or London and in this dream he is wearing a tuxedo and I am wearing an evening gown. If this dream were to become a reality, I definitely would want to do it up right and look smoking hot!!

Feeling Better:

1. I injured my right knee a year ago. It is basically okay for the most part, but it will never be as good as it can be until I lose weight. I was going to physio for it, but I realized I was wasting my time if I didn't lose the weight, too, so I quit. Two and a half years ago I hurt my right foot, (boot camp) and two years ago I hurt my right ankle, (curling) and both injuries were weight related. I am too young to have to bow out of activities because I can no longer do them....I can no longer do them because I am overweight, not because I am a senior citizen!! I still want to run a 10K someday, but again, until I lose weight, training for such an endeavour would be fruitless, not to mention impossible!! I would also like to go skiing with my son's new girlfriend and her parents next time we are in Slovakia, and again, to do that I need to get in shape, and to get in shape I need to lose weight!!

2. In the spring, my blood work revealed I had a fatty liver. Apparently many people do and are not even aware! I do not eat fried foods, and I drink rarely so the culprit is the junk food that I consume in copious amounts at any one sitting!! If I keep this up, my liver will stop working altogether, and then I am dead....you cannot sugar-coat that one!!

• HASWLRS
    Options
    gsheppy wrote: »
    Sorry been mia. We had a huge storm last week. Eating and logging didn’t keep track.

@gsheppy I am sorry to hear that! I hope the damage is minimal and that repairs are going well. Would you like me to roll your starting weight over for this first week?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Still looking for weigh-ins from:

@cmhubbard92
    @atareid14
    @murdog3t
    and @gsheppy (either a weigh-in or a roll over)
  • IvanaKirilova
    IvanaKirilova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @IvanaKirilova Every single day ahead of you has never been written. We cannot change yesterday, it already happened. Yesterday's choices are gone... already made...it's done. However, we get a beautiful unwrapped gift every single day: A New Day, full of new possibilites. It's a blank canvas. So, every single morning when you wake up you have a whole beautiful day just waiting for your choices.

Such beautiful and inspiring words. Just the motivation we all need. Thank you!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,642 Member
    Options
    @brandi_84 I'm not ignoring your question, I will answer it when I am sitting at my desk and can type on a keyboard rather than this dinky phone touch screen. 😁📱⌨️🖥️
  • IvanaKirilova
    IvanaKirilova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    logged food: yes
    under calories: no
    exercise: yes
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    @brandi_84 I'm not ignoring your question, I will answer it when I am sitting at my desk and can type on a keyboard rather than this dinky phone touch screen. 😁📱⌨️🖥️

I understand! :)
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Daily accountability TBBT
    Day: Friday November 5
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise:yes
  • kristiekay1962
    kristiekay1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    kristiekay1962
    Nov. 5
    track: yes
    under: no
    water: 8 glasses
    exercise: 45 min.
    steps: 10164

Good night team TBBT. Have a wonderful weekend. 🍂🍗🍁🦃💞😴
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    kristiekay1962
    Nov. 5
    track: yes
    under: no
    water: 8 glasses
    exercise: 45 min.
    steps: 10164

Good night team TBBT. Have a wonderful weekend. 🍂🍗🍁🦃💞😴

@kristiekay1962 Thank you, same to you! 🤔
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Friday 5 November
    Exercise: yes
  • mhoss2
    mhoss2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS Thanks! I am happy with it! I have been really mindful of what I have been eating this week. Just need to get the exercise in now.. I will focus on that next week. Quick question.. Do I need to log this in an excel spreadsheet somewhere?
  • mhoss2
    mhoss2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    mhoss2

Friday, November 5
    Exercise: Walked to dog in the morning and was running errands all day so step count was the highest for the week at 11,828.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    mhoss2 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS Thanks! I am happy with it! I have been really mindful of what I have been eating this week. Just need to get the exercise in now.. I will focus on that next week. Quick question.. Do I need to log this in an excel spreadsheet somewhere?

@mhoss2 no requirement to log. We trust you. 😊
  • everydaywechoose
    Options
    Friday November 5
    Logged: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • everydaywechoose
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @HASWLRS thanks for sharing your motivations. You're here, you're showing up, and that's a big step toward your goals.

@murdog3t looks like you had a great week

@cmhubbard92 way to go...you are still positive even though it seems as if you had a heck of a week. You've got this:)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 11/05
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 8469
    Water: 96 oz