Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    @IvanaKirilova not a gain is a win in my book. 😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @kristiekay1962 ah the dreaded Chinese buffet. General Tsao would be my downfall. 😂
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Sunday 7 November
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

One down, six to go. 😁
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    08/11
    Ashleymullo6195
    Excersize - no
    Logged food - yes
    Under calories - yes

• gsheppy
    gsheppy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @gsheppy. Sunday nov 7. 213.8.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @brandi_84 OK, here goes, and I'll try not to write a book. ;) I'm 61 and have been on this journey most of my life. My Why changed over the years from wnating to look good going out partying with my friends, to lose the baby fat, to not be an embarassment to my kids, to look good for a special event, etc. I think perhaps my current Why may be the most important.

Being 61, retirement is no longer some far off point in the future but actually just a couple of years away. Life expectancy being what it is my biggest fear is not having enough money to live on. I've been doing a lot of research on the subject and the biggest expense senior citizens have is healthcare. Thus, if I want my money to last I need to be healthy. I need to do cardio to keep my heart and lungs strong. Strength and yoga to keep my bones and muscles strong and my balance good so that I don't fall and break a hip. I need to eat right so that my body has the nutrients that it needs to stay healty and strong.

My father was morbidly obese. The last years of his life he had emphysema and COPD and was on oxygen 24/7. I recently saw my brother at my niece's wedding, first time in 2 years due to COVID. I was shocked at the weight he had gained. Talking to him later I learned that during the last 2 years he had been bedridden due to blood clots in his legs and had a total hip replacement (yes I somehow missed those things). While talking he was sitting down because he didn't have the energy to stand, and he had to take off his bowtie because he couldn't breathe. Honestly it's a wonder he made it down the aisle. My brother is only 63.

Bottom line here is that we have a choice on how we age. We can't prevent getting older but we can prevent decaying. I intend to stay strong enough and healty enough to live my life, not sit in a recliner and watch from the sidelines. I want to continue to ride my bike and roll down hills with my grandson and everything else that life entails for as long as possible.

That is my why.
  • gsheppy
    Options
    Correction. To number 213.2
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    gsheppy wrote: »
    Correction. To number 213.2

@gsheppy Well done, Genn!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS - I use a Renpho scale and I feel likes it pretty accurate, but I guess there is always that possibility 🤷🏻‍♀️

@forbes_melissa Melissa, I was just making sure! Congratulations, then, on a super fantastic week (you will for sure be the Biggest Loser!!) and for crossing over into Onederland with a flourish!! POP!!..... Seeing as it is still morning here, anyone for a mimosa?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    It's time for my weekly weight in.😊
    My starting weight was 180.
    My current weight is still 180.🥲
    It's not a loss, but at least it's not a gain. I'm not very happy but I know it's the lack of exercise. I should be more active this week❤

@IvanaKirilova I agree with Sue...no gain is a mini victory! A little more exercise, a little less calories and next week, who knows, maybe there will be a bigger victory in your future! Just keep plugging away!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 Being not too far behind you, that was the most inspirational, and important, post I could have read this morning! Thank you for sharing and for being so insightful. <3
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    So...is anyone else's computer randomly throwing wingdings in place of text in people's posts? :/
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    So...is anyone else's computer randomly throwing wingdings in place of text in people's posts? :/

@DaffyGirl88 No, not here.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    e_kk wrote: »
    Hi,
    Nice to meet everyone! I’m excited to start this weight loss/accountability journey with everyone.

@e_kk Hi, there. Are you still with us? It's not too late... Just post a weight or tell me to roll it over and start your journey anew with today being day #1!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kkay2345 wrote: »
    But this week will be better!! I already got my exercise in for today and started tracking my calories. I look forward to losing weight with everyone!

@kkay2345 Hello! Are you still with us? Even if last week wasn't a better week, that's okay; just keep trying! Monday is a great day to start fresh!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    But this week will be better!! I already got my exercise in for today and started tracking my calories. I look forward to losing weight with everyone!

@kkay2345 Hello! Are you still with us? Even if last week wasn't a better week, that's okay; just keep trying! Monday is a great day to start fresh!!

@HASWLRS Who are you kidding? Mondays suck!! 😂😂
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@HASWLRS Who are you kidding? Mondays suck!! 😂😂

@DaffyGirl88 Call it a fairy tale for grown-ups!
  • gsheppy
    Options
    Everyday is a challenge. We may not have scale movement. Don’t forget about non-scale achievement. Maybe your jeans are fitting better. For me that is sometimes better then movement on the scale.
  • IvanaKirilova
    IvanaKirilova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @IvanaKirilova not a gain is a win in my book. 😊

As it should be☺
  • IvanaKirilova
    IvanaKirilova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: no