Daily Chatter

Options

Replies

• fancyqtr
    fancyqtr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The last 2 days it has been 61 or so here. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 30s and snow by afternoon. I know we need the moisture badly, but I just hate the cold. I got some new gloves, though, so if we get enough snow I can make a snowman if I remember how.

I am back to trying the half dose Metformin. I will try for a couple weeks, then try 1/2 and 1 to see how that goes. So far I've done okay.
  • sandra2bfit1
    sandra2bfit1 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Glad everything is going OK with the metformin.
    Weather has been so cold here last week was in the 80's this week in the mid 50's and very windy. Don't like cold weather either.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I wish we would get back in the mid-50s. I think the next 2 days are to be in the 40s, then 30s, 40s, and one day the high is supposed to be 10. No, don't like that. Snow okay. 10 degrees no.
    Trying to get the sugars down, but not so good at it yet. I will keep trying.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Your sugar will come down eventually just don't give up. Took me over a year to get mine down when I was first diagnosed.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Been eating way to much salt my feet are puffy been drinking lots of water.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    We are having snow off and on from yesterday through Thursday or Friday. Today the high is around 9. When I got up this morning it was -2. Obviously, I'm staying inside. Annie runs out to do her business and comes right back in.
    I've at least gotten a couple things done. I still have to finnish the laundry and dishes. Ran out of hot water for the dishes and that will cause a problem with my last load of laundry. I need to get the dishes done so I can make some soups for these cold days. Hoping to freeze some soup. Guess I should leave the potatoes out of what I freeze.
    Having problems with the stomach again even with just half dose Metformin and that got me really upset. I ended up getting some ice cream because that is what I do when I get that upset.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    My doctor changed my Metformin and my insulin the insulin I am taking now is not working anymore guess my body is to use to it. My insulin has doubled in price. My insurance pays for most of it.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I don't know if United would pay for insulin or what they would pay for besides Metformin. The Medicare Advantage through the hospital dropped insulin from their formulary (they always sent what wasn't paid for to everyone on that plan). The hospital based insurance was doing less and less, so I decided to try something else. Not sure if that was a good choice or not, but went to United this year. That was what the senior group in Colorado recommended.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I signed up for a webinar on diabetes that was held yesterday. It sounded pretty interesting, though it ends up wanting you to pay for training with her, of course. Got some ideas, though. Also signed up for something else that is through some medical clinic, I think, called Full Plate something. There is some good information in the email I got, but it is mainly vegetarian using foods I can't eat. I did go through their first 7 lessons on diabetes. I haven't gone past there at this point.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    I have Kaiser Senior Advantage plan my husband and I have had Kaiser for 52 years.
    Kaiser has a very good diabetes class I have taken it twice. Learned a lot.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    The hospital/medical center has classes, but I didn't think too much of the one I went to. Well, I went to two, but one was strictly in Spanish and I don't speak Spanish anymore (six years didn't stick with me). Most of it was you have to eat a certain amount of carbs and that was more than I ate before. Now I just end up craving them. Today I got some oranges and will see if they will help me. Also got bananas so maybe I can make it a fruit salad of bananas and oranges. I used to eat oranges when I was younger and that got me at such a nice weight. Maybe they will have enough fiber to help me.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    I love fruit wish I could have as much as I want. I do have it once a day.
    Been raining all day but not enough to help the drought.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Rained again today. Been so cold can't keep warm.
    Had to get gas today what a shock paid 6.29 a gallon. Don't think it is going to end soon.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    This computer is going to drive me nuts, again. Was typing this and suddenly the Google shut down.
    Your gas is ridiculously high. Ours is going up, but not that high. Biden said he was not going to get oil fro Russia now, but he is't opening up anything here, either. He sold the reserves to other countries, too. This is not going to turn out well.
    Had to do a bit of shopping yesterday and at Walmart they hardly had anything. Wanted some crackers and they didn't have any at all. Needed to get Orzo some Greenies and they didn't have those, either. So I had to go to another store. That after I messed up and went to the wrong shopping area thinking I would save time and gas. Finally realized that I had to go to the other Walmart. Where I had gone had all the stores I needed to go to.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    I am to the point I won't even go into Wal*Mart in my town never have anything I needed a small can of creamed corn I needed for a recipe I am cooking for dinner tonight they didn't have any went to Safeway and I had to pay double.

Biden is an idiot he doesn't care what happens. He has ruined this country we have 3 more years of him.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Been a good day. I made a Shepard pie dinner smells so good.
    Was sunny but windy again.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I had never seen Walmart that low on supplies here except for TP when everyone was hoarding. Today I went to Kings to get honey for church coffee service and some anti-diarrhea that is their brand. They were pretty well stocked except for the club crackers that I wanted. I ended up with the little snack size ones. Well, maybe that would be better for Annie and me. Otherwise I go through the entire sleeve of them.
    Today we had snow all day and light wind. The high was suppose to get to 19, but I think it only got to 10 and the wind was enough to make it feel a lot lower. Sure didn't want to walk as far as I had to to get into Kings. Then they are one of the stupid stores that has all their carts outside. The one near me has made it so theirs are outside, too. The closest they are still inside, but they are having to lock restrooms because the homeless go in there and trash everything. Of course, they don't have the lactose-free stuff, so I have to go to another store for that. And since I have been seeing recipes with mozarella I couldn't resist getting a block of it and then had to get lactase enzymes. Just have to figure out how many of those I have to take.
    I've been going to Bible study on Wednesday mornings, but the gas prices are probably going to halt that. The lady who is head of women's ministry said they would try to figure a way to help me so I can get there. For church service, I can watch online if I don't have the gas to go. There aren't any people near me that go to that church and the churches around me I don't really feel welcome in.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I am trying to get the Metformin to work okay for me. Going very slow this time. Trying to start with 1/4 of a dose.
    Trying to start with something that I saw yesterday on TV. He said to eat a piece of fruit or some vegetable for breakfast. Of course, I didn't do all that great today. I started out with an orange and my tea. Then ate one of the cookies they always have at church. Well, I will try again tomorrow.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA having a lot construction work done in the front yard.
    We have 13 very steep stairs to climb to get to the front door and it is getting hard for me and hubby to climb so getting a new walk way to the front door. Plus we need a new drive way.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    Your construction outside, mine inside. I have finally got someone to work on the basement to put walls back up and such. I got the drywall for it on Friday and he took it all downstairs yesterday along with all the stuff he needs to put it in. There are some other things we have found need work. The back of one of the places drywall was is totally ruined, so needs that part replaced. I'll have to ask him what exactly I need to replace it. I'm pretty sure it is a wide piece of wood, but it just folds down and peels off. Maybe the guy who did the basement finishing used cardboard there, though, because it is really thin. Then water is leaking in from the window wells, so I need to get the measurements to them and get new covers. Also some plastic to line the bottom half of the window well, except I am wondering how that will work since it will just hold the water until it gets high enough to spill over. Maybe I can get by with just the covers and some caulking.
    I got totally worn out Friday when I was out getting the check cashed and getting the drywall and all that I am still tired from it. Came home from church today and just fell asleep for 3 hours. I am ready for bed again now.
    Hope you have a good week.