Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,872 Member

What did you do well in the last year?

I did well logging my food until I took the time off and did well with my walking
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have another new member joining our wonderful group ...Please welcome @JodiSW :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Welcome to all of the new and returning members. It looks like a large crowd to start the year.
    Check in for 12/27:
    Steps - 9451.
    Calories - 1565 or close. Ate to much for lunch so had to modify dinner and dessert.
    Exercise - spent 2 1/2 hours at the zoo. Walked up the 2 steepest hills instead of down them. Grocery store tonight then wrote out dinners for the week.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    What did I do well in the last year? I stayed on my plan even thru the changes.
    This is my 3rd xmas losing weight and all 3 have been different. The 1st I was just starting so I was learning. 2nd was full speed ahead and was the easiest. This year I have been working towards maintenance and getting cocky towards my loss program. I think this has been my hardest year.
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Hi everyone! Thanks for having me in your group. I'm feeling pretty motivated but it comes and goes - I think that being part of an active group will help with that and keep me accountable.

I lost about 95lbs over a decade ago and I've found 50lbs of it again over the past 4 years. In August I decided that enough was enough and came back to MFP and started seriously logging my food again. Between August 1 and end of October I dropped close to 30lbs...then lost about 4lbs in November and am on track to gain in December! Ugh. @lindamtuck2018 I was chuckling reading your stories of the celebrations. It's been a food and cocktail fest this month! I think I'm holding a ton of water atm so drank about a gallon today to start trying to flush it out.

I've also noticed that I don't log when I'm overeating. I've been wondering lately if I'm not logging because I'm overeating (and don't want to acknowledge it), or if I'm overeating because I'm not logging? Also, exercise has been a challenge since October, when my job got very busy and then the weather turned yucky (I mostly walk and run around with my dog for exercise)...then I stopped smoking at the beginning of December also. It's going great but it's been a challenge to do that and keep my eating reigned in during the holidays.

So that's me! It looks like we're required to log in on our day with the following:
    Username:
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

I also see folks participating in a Step Challenge and sharing exercise in general - I'm assuming those are optional?

Well, that's all for now. Appreciate you all and am looking forward to January!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    JodiSW wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Thanks for having me in your group. I'm feeling pretty motivated but it comes and goes - I think that being part of an active group will help with that and keep me accountable.

I lost about 95lbs over a decade ago and I've found 50lbs of it again over the past 4 years. In August I decided that enough was enough and came back to MFP and started seriously logging my food again. Between August 1 and end of October I dropped close to 30lbs...then lost about 4lbs in November and am on track to gain in December! Ugh. @lindamtuck2018 I was chuckling reading your stories of the celebrations. It's been a food and cocktail fest this month! I think I'm holding a ton of water atm so drank about a gallon today to start trying to flush it out.

I've also noticed that I don't log when I'm overeating. I've been wondering lately if I'm not logging because I'm overeating (and don't want to acknowledge it), or if I'm overeating because I'm not logging? Also, exercise has been a challenge since October, when my job got very busy and then the weather turned yucky (I mostly walk and run around with my dog for exercise)...then I stopped smoking at the beginning of December also. It's going great but it's been a challenge to do that and keep my eating reigned in during the holidays.

So that's me! It looks like we're required to log in on our day with the following:
    Username:
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

I also see folks participating in a Step Challenge and sharing exercise in general - I'm assuming those are optional?

Welcome to our wonderful group Jodi..Glad to have you join us .... I am the co captain to this awesome team ... I am in charge of the step challenge which I will post about on 1/1/21 ...If you are interested in joining just let me know and I will add you to it ..It is optional but it is great with accountability and getting our butts moving
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    What have I done well in 2021?
    I got started in here, for one, and with mfp in general. I can’t believe I am getting in at least 6000 steps most days this past month.

I can say the weight is not dropping as quickly here at the start as I had hoped, but I am here for the long haul and am making many habit changes for the better. I felt so snacky today, it is a miracle I made it through the evening with only a serving of animal crackers after dinner. I wanted to raid the candy but held off.

Steps 12/26 6276 and 12/27. 7141

Just trying to hold on these last days of December, One Day at a time!!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1004
    Steps 6365

@lindamtuck2018 the shakes are gritty and slimy so it's like drinking snot with chalk in it. I hate them and I'm hangry as hell and its only day 2 LOL. Anyway we'll see how long i can keep it up.

What I did well in 2021 I got back into MFP, met all of you lovely people and dropped about 14lbs in 2.5 months so pretty proud if that.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in for the day:

12/27:
    Calories: 1,128
    Exercise: 65 minutes elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 15,786

I hope you all have a great day!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Happy Tuesday!
    Looking at what went well in 2021:
    I finished the year just about twenty pounds lighter than I started. Not quite the amazing 'drop four pants sizes' result, but I'll take the progress.
    I took over 5.4 million steps for a distance of 2,600 miles.
    I made it to the gym over 100 days and they were closed January through March.

Now if I could manage some consistency...😉

Here's to an awesome 2022!🍾
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,802 Member
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Welcome to all of the new and returning members. It looks like a large crowd to start the year.
    Check in for 12/27:
    Steps - 9451.
    Calories - 1565 or close. Ate to much for lunch so had to modify dinner and dessert.
    Exercise - spent 2 1/2 hours at the zoo. Walked up the 2 steepest hills instead of down them. Grocery store tonight then wrote out dinners for the week.

Awesome steps! It is great you got the zoo so close. Is this the first time you have walked the hills? Great job!

MeowScout wrote: »
    What have I done well in 2021?
    I got started in here, for one, and with mfp in general. I can’t believe I am getting in at least 6000 steps most days this past month.

I can say the weight is not dropping as quickly here at the start as I had hoped, but I am here for the long haul and am making many habit changes for the better. I felt so snacky today, it is a miracle I made it through the evening with only a serving of animal crackers after dinner. I wanted to raid the candy but held off.

Steps 12/26 6276 and 12/27. 7141

Just trying to hold on these last days of December, One Day at a time!!

Nice steps! Great job avoiding the candy!

Daily check-in
    Calories 1004
    Steps 6365

@lindamtuck2018 the shakes are gritty and slimy so it's like drinking snot with chalk in it. I hate them and I'm hangry as hell and its only day 2 LOL. Anyway we'll see how long i can keep it up.

What I did well in 2021 I got back into MFP, met all of you lovely people and dropped about 14lbs in 2.5 months so pretty proud if that.

Do you get to have anything with them? I hate milk and shakes are something I find hard to drink.

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in for the day:

12/27:
    Calories: 1,128
    Exercise: 65 minutes elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 15,786

I hope you all have a great day!

Awesome check in!
  • lindamtuck2018
    JodiSW wrote: »

Username:
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Yes that is the correct weigh in format. Step Challenge and a daily check in are optional. I personally do a check in as it helps me be accountable.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Hello everyone, I was on this team a long time ago and I remember how wonderful it was, for the encouragement and accountability.

My original heaviest weight recorded was (400 lbs,) and I lost down to 252 lbs. (148 lb loss). Since I was last on here and not staying on track, I regained 54.4 lbs of the weight back. Still showing a loss of (93.6 lbs) from original start weight.

It is time for me to get my act together and recommit to losing the excess weight and to being motivated and accountable for my actions in regards to me becoming a better and healthier me. I don't want to regain the rest of the weight back that I have worked so hard to lose.

March 19th, is my 59th birthday and this is the last year of my 50s, and it would be nice to start my 60th year a whole new me and to reach my ultimate goal of 184 lbs. I am looking forward to this challenge in January and to a whole New Year. (and a new me).

Thank you for allowing me back on this team of awesome people. 😄

Welcome back.
  • peng123
    Happy Tuesday!
    I finished the year just about twenty pounds lighter than I started. Not quite the amazing 'drop four pants sizes' result, but I'll take the progress.

@888Angie888 That is amazing progress - so impressed by your steps and exercise!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    ✅Steps 10,670
    ✅Closed rings

Slept in again today. I don’t want this to become a bad habit. I am going to the market next store and then heading to the pool. My swim will be shorter again today as I have a lot to do. Yesterday I did 28 minutes combined swimming and cardio.

What did I do good this year:

I started swimming when we came out of lockdown back in July and have been doing it fairly regularly.
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Great news everybody! I have been wanting to write in a little more often, but I have my phone with me more than I am sitting at my laptop. Just today I thought to try pairing my Bluetooth keyboard that i have for my fire tablet. It works! So happy day all!
    We took a full break day here in my house. No store, no errands, no visits. I even let myself sleep in. But when I did get up, I decided to exercise first thing. I also downed some water. I had allowed myself to get a little dehydrated again, and it is amazing how much water the body retains if it isn’t getting enough. I really want to come in with a loss on Friday, so it is time to stay focused.

Welcome to all the new people. I am still new myself; December was my first month, and this wonderful group of people has helped me to keep my head in the game during theses shortest daylight days.
    Thanks especially to @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @lindamtuck2018 !
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 145.3
    CW: 140.8

888Angie888 post got me thinking so I looked up what I weighed last year on this date(160.8). I don’t like that I am heavier over the holidays and yesterday binged to the point of diarrhea. Its time to go back into counseling and stop eating to avoid feeling emotions.

What did I do well in 2021?
    I logged my food. Not perfectly and sometimes not all meals but I logged so aware of calories.

What I would like to do better this year is to move more and become more fit while still logging. The hardest part for me is the starting over this December. It is so frustrating not to be able to lift the tiny amount of weight that I could previously and only be able to walk half as far as last summer. Just have to get over that ego and keep plugging away.

Have come to the inescapable conclusion that what you do each and every day adds up and consistency is the most important aspect of this lifestyle change in eating, drinking and moving.

Welcome new and returning members!
    Lets make this a great year.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,950 Member
    Tahm42
    Tuesday:
    PW:213
    CW:212

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    12/19-3128
    12/20-3707
    12/21-5181
    12/22-4661
    12/23-5694
    12/24-5177
    12/25-3382

Not so great but it has been a little harder than I thought. Today is my 30th anniversary so I am not stressing anything today.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have another new member joining our awesome group...Please welcome @Mnmiller0921 :)
  • peng123
    @tahm42 Happy Anniversary!!

@Mnmiller0921 Welcome!!
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member

Whaaaaat? That's amazing!
    My swim will be shorter again today as I have a lot to do. Yesterday I did 28 minutes combined swimming and cardio.

Swimming is such good exercise! I've taken lessons three times - I just don't seem to be able to get the "stroke, stroke, turn your head, breathe, kick your feet, stroke..." thing down. I suspect that I look like a monkey that someone tossed off of a boat.

Not that I think anyone should ever toss a monkey off of a boat. Ever.

• Beautyofdreams
    Well the first official snowfall of the year came today. Between 2-4” topped off by rain then more snow. After it stopped, went out and started shoveling. It was so heavy but not sticking to the shovel! It took 2 hours to shovel off the drive and walks. A guy in a tractor offered to plow me out. Mom said that I should have taken him up on the offer so that he would stop again. Lesson learned. But at least it was productive exertion and the sense off accomplishment counts for something right? Plus my pants are getting snug from high calorie holiday desserts. Snowball m & ms, I’m calling you out, not to mention lactose free coconut holiday pie and chocolate chip and sugar cookies! Funny, but feel so uncomfortable just gaining this amount of weight back that am ready to work on it now. Evidently tight pants are a great motivator for me!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Congratulations on your anniversary @tahm42 and wishing you many more appy years.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1220
    Steps 8482

Its my birthday so I indulged a bit but some how managed to get a good step count. Weight will be up tomorrow so back to the shakes blah.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Happy Tuesday!

All I can say is WOW! That is an amazing number of steps.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2021
    @MeowScout
    That’s the way to do it, get the exercise done before anything else. I have noticed I haven’t been getting enough water lately myself. I think it is because I am totally out of my routine.

@Beautyofdreams
    Fantastic loss! Counselling is the best thing I ever did for my binge eating. I also have been binge eating more lately. I think lack of routine and general stress of the holidays got me. Shoveling is great exercise. I know the biggest thing that bothers with the weight I have but on over Christmas is how bloated my face gets.
This discussion has been closed.