Water: :)
    Electrolytes: :)
    Logged Food: :)
    Exercise as Planned: :)
    At or Under Carb Level: :)
    At or Under Calorie Limit: :)
    Planned Day Ahead: :)
    7/7

I have lost 3.6lb this week. Which goes to show 2 things. One, that my body holds a lot of extra water at times, and two, the level of carbpocalypse the weekend was. This weekend and the weekends to follow will not be that.

Did arms and some cardio HIIT yesterday. Leg day today. Hopefully the knee will cooperate as I'm increasing the weights I use now. It better not be a turd.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    2022 ~ Day 5 ~ 176.4 lbs

Starting weight: 8/26/21 - 214 lbs
    9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs

January 2022 Goals: Get down to 175 or lower
    IF: Yes, 16:8
    Water 65 oz: No, 48 oz, but I will see if I can squeeze in another 16 oz at least
    Vitamins: Yes
    Logging daily: Yes
    At or Under 1450 Calories: Yes, 1332 kcal
    At or Under 30 g of Carbs: Nope! 60 grams! Eeek!
    64 g of Protein: No, 53 grams
    2500 Steps: No, 2341
    Daily stretches: Yes, a few
    Check BP: Yes - 103/71
    Check BG: No, I don't have the supplies yet
    Sleep: Fair - 7 hrs; 48 min - so almost 8 hours, but so very tired today

So today was a so-so day. I am still in the process of learning my job and it's more complicated than I had thought. My head was spinning by midday. Which is why I was so carby today. Sugar free candies still have carbs in them! I go by total, not net. So my net is probably closer to 30. Slight increase in weight, but I'm good with it! One thing I do when I wake up is encircle my wrist with my fingers. If my fingertips overlap, then I know it's a good weigh-in. If they just touch, then I know I'm water logged!

Have a good night!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    I am partial keto at this time ... to much food in this house that is not keto ... I do not expect my 16 year old daughter to eat it all ... 1/1-1/5 walked our husky...3 to almost 10 miles ...am eating more veggies...drinking 120 ounces of water daily... Haven't used my home gym yet
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    I miscalculated when changing from stones to pounds so consequently I now have 43lbs to lose.

My starting weight is 178lbs.

Although I started late I still hope to lose a pound this week.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Jan SW 171 (was actually 172 Saturday)
    CW 169.5
    GW 168

1/5/22 30 min Leslie Sansone walking video, carbs 49, water 9 glasses
    My work fitness center is offering a virtual strength class at lunch today, added to my calendar to commit to it. :)

Homemade keto broccoli soup last night was amazing. With my son and daughter in law over for dinner, we ate it all so no leftovers for my lunch.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Highest Weight 05/22/19: 276.8
    Starting Weight 10/31/21: 258.6

January Weight 1/1/22: 241.4
    End of Jan Goal 1/31/22: 235.0

Other goals for each day:
    Stay under 100g carbs: 37g
    Get at least 4,000 steps: 8,884
    Eat over 1,000 cals: 1,205
    Drink 100 oz water: 135.2
    1/6/22 241.4 lbs
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Wed 1/5
    7/7

Did the thing. My daughter who works at the donut shop brought home a bunch of unsold donuts and now I have to look at them every time I walk in the kitchen. :unamused:

But I will not eat one (or 7).
    Exercising is still doing ok. I'm sore as expected. That happens a lot in your 40s apparently.

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Oh @baconslave, donuts are my jam! And hubs brought me a pb lover’s Reese’s cup from his store run today- dang! No wonder the scale has crept up from Saturday.

1/5 was an okay day but I realized I snacked more than anticipated after logging. I’m listening to hunger cues but should try more water before grabbing something small. I got plenty of hydration and upped my protein but suspect sodium and strength training is bumming me out on the scales. I increased weights on a couple of my strength exercises each day and am having a bit of soreness because of it. So I’m feeling okay but want to see that scale drop again.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    2022 ~ Day 6 ~ 176.2 lbs

9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs

IF: Yes, 18:6
    Water 65 oz: No, 48 oz, but I will see if I can squeeze in another 16 oz at least
    Vitamins: Yes/partially
    At or Under 1450 Calories: Yes, 1132 kcal
    At or Under 30 g of Carbs: Nope! 52 grams!
    64 g of Protein: No, 39 grams
    2500 Steps: No, 2678
    Daily stretches: Yes, a few
    Check BP: Yes - 117/72
    Check BG: Nope, I don't have to anymore!!!
    Sleep: Good - 8 hrs, 4 min

Had an AWESOME NSV today! In October, at my doctor's appointment, my A1c was 7.2. Doctor wanted to put me back on Metformin, but I said I wanted to see if I could bring it down on my own. He was skeptical, but agreed to wait. So he came in the room today and said so we will put you on a smaller dose of Metformin and see how you do. My heart sank because I thought that meant my A1c was still elevated. Then he decided to have the nurse come in and check it again. I thought they did that at my blood work last month. Anyway, had to wait about 10 more minutes. Then he comes back into my room and said "Whatever it is you are doing, keep doing it! Your A1c is 5.3!!!" I did an air-fist-bump ala Judd Nelson in The Breakfast Club! So no Metformin and I don't have to test my blood sugar anymore either!! As long as I keep doing what I am doing!

My bad cholesterol is up though. So he did prescribe me a statin. But he said we will check it again in June and hopefully it will have come down. I eat a lot of eggs and cheese, so I guess I need to cut back on that. So doing some research for what to eat now. I've been trying to keep my carbs low before, but maybe I traded in low carbs for high cholesterol. So need to find a good balance. Need to protect my heart at all costs!

But still ending the day on a big WIN! B)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Okay, here I am again joining in on a monthly check in....wish me luck as I generally HATE check in type of 'obligations.' I'll weigh myself in the morning when I get up, and go from there. Time to increase the water, and cut out the fresh orange juice (and the vodka that goes so well well with it.) Also ditch the Freybe Damn Hot Pepperoni and hunks of old cheddar as a quick go-to snack. In fact, ditch the quick go-to snacks period.
    We had to cancel a trip to the Azores we had planned for next week (all our money back though), and I'm pretty sure we'll have to cancel the two weeks in Thailand for our 40th anniversary this March. I never thought that we'd still be going through this pandemic so seriously when I booked the trip in Oct 2020. And I just quit my job due to ongoing unsafe COVID practices that I had repeatedly approached the owner about rectifying. Just kinda feeling depressed and IDGAS-ish. Now I don't even have a goal of lookin' good in my bikinis.
    It's a good thing I intermittently fast without even trying, or I'd be much bigger by now.

OK enough moaning and whining. Time for the cone of shame, lol.
    Onward and downward! I need to weigh daily or I will just let it get out of hand.
    GW range: 132-5
    9tbpjvrr503t.png

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    @canadjineh , so sorry about your trip! I’ve always wanted to go to the Azores. Are you a diver? (I am).

@NYPhotographer2021 what an awesome NSV! You must be on top of the world.

@tishsmith101 that soup sounds great! Do you have a link to the recipe?

Also… I love donuts. Just saying.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Jan 6

❄️ Carbs. Well…
    ❄️ Cals. 1786
    ❄️ Steps. 10748
    ❄️ Exercise. 2 miles with Leslie.

My sleep is still so messed up from jet lag. No matter what time I go to bed I wake up between 3-4. It’s really messing with my energy level and eating schedule. I hope it resolves soon.
  • tishsmith101
    @Ringbearer2 I got this from Carolyn Ketchum of AlldayIdreamaboutfood. I modified it a little for my taste. It says it makes 8 servings but it's closer to 4.

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/broccoli-cheese-soup-low-carb-and-gluten-free/
  • tishsmith101
    Jan SW 172
    CW 168.5
    Jan GW 168

1/6/22 30 min virtual lower body strength class, carbs 20, water 10 glasses

OMG my legs hurt today but I needed that. I've been focusing so much on upper body that lower is in rough shape. I'm supposed to do cardio today. Hubby bought a new tube for my indoor bike but has been pulling a couple12 hour shifts due to weather so I don't know when he'll get to it.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    2022 ~ Day 6 ~ 176.2 lbs
    ...Had an AWESOME NSV today! In October, at my doctor's appointment, my A1c was 7.2. Doctor wanted to put me back on Metformin, but I said I wanted to see if I could bring it down on my own. He was skeptical, but agreed to wait.... Your A1c is 5.3!!!"...

Way to go!!! I also had an appointment in October where my A1c was 6.4 and the doctor wanted to put me on Metformin. I asked him to give me time to get it down on my own and I have the follow up appointment on Tuesday the 11th. Your post came at such a good time for me. I am hoping to have great results like you did.

Highest Weight 05/22/19: 276.8
    Starting Weight 10/31/21: 258.6

January Weight 1/1/22: 241.4
    End of Jan Goal 1/31/22: 235.0

Other goals for each day:
    Stay under 100g carbs: 22g
    Get at least 4,000 steps: 7,071
    Eat over 1,000 cals: 1,345
    Drink 100 oz water: 135.2
    1/7/22 240.6 lbs
  • baconslave
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Okay, here I am again joining in on a monthly check in....wish me luck as I generally HATE check in type of 'obligations.' I'll weigh myself in the morning when I get up, and go from there. Time to increase the water, and cut out the fresh orange juice (and the vodka that goes so well well with it.) Also ditch the Freybe Damn Hot Pepperoni and hunks of old cheddar as a quick go-to snack. In fact, ditch the quick go-to snacks period.
    We had to cancel a trip to the Azores we had planned for next week (all our money back though), and I'm pretty sure we'll have to cancel the two weeks in Thailand for our 40th anniversary this March. I never thought that we'd still be going through this pandemic so seriously when I booked the trip in Oct 2020. And I just quit my job due to ongoing unsafe COVID practices that I had repeatedly approached the owner about rectifying. Just kinda feeling depressed and IDGAS-ish. Now I don't even have a goal of lookin' good in my bikinis.
    It's a good thing I intermittently fast without even trying, or I'd be much bigger by now.

OK enough moaning and whining. Time for the cone of shame, lol.
    Onward and downward! I need to weigh daily or I will just let it get out of hand.
    GW range: 132-5
    9tbpjvrr503t.png

welcome back. I too wear the cone...
    b5a75763fc10561012a56d0e486dca752f126deer1-306-320_00.gif
  • baconslave
    Thurs 1/6:
    7/7

Did not eat donuts.
    Wanted them pretty hard though. :scream:

Forgot how much my workouts suck when adapting so I had to scale back the cardio to low impact for the time being. Strength is still doing good though.

Scale is staying where it was. But then my weekdays were never the major problem. It's always the weekends. But I've told myself I can skip logging on Saturdays still, but it must all be keto foods.

Doing good so far.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    1/6/22 128 minutes ....5.34 miles of walking with Alyssa and Aspen the husky....682 calorie burned ... No walk today .... I have to drive to Sacramento today ughhhh hopefully it isn't to foggy on the freeway
  • NYPhotographer2021
    2022 ~ Day 7 ~ 176.4 lbs

9/30/21 - 204.6 lbs
    10/31/21 - 194.0 lbs
    11/30/21 - 185.8 lbs
    12/31/21 - 179.4 lbs

IF: Yes, 18:6
    Vitamins: Yes
    At or Under 1450 Calories: No, 1675 kcal
    At or Under 30 g of Carbs: Nope! 75 grams!
    64 g of Protein: Yes, 77 grams
    2500 Steps: Yes, 2726
    Daily stretches: No
    Check BP: No
    Sleep: No - 6 hrs, 13 min

If yesterday was a High day, today was definitely a low day. Starting off by waking up too early and not being able to get back to sleep. Then get to work to find out one of my coworkers was in an accident on his way in to work. Got rear-ended at a stop light. He was behind an oil tanker. The idiot who hit him ran right into him and pushed him in to the oil rig. Could have been so much worse. So just being worried about him didn't help. This whole week was pretty much a toilet dump. So dinner was pizza and wings. Granted I didn't eat anywhere near what I used to scarf down, I still feel pretty dumpy. Oh well, tomorrow's another day, right?

@americanbabydoll I hope you get the same great news I did!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! You got this!! <3
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    1/6
    Water was good for the day. I tried getting more protein but think I will need to back off some fruits and vegetables (and the pesky snacks) to keep it high enough to keep my tapeworm satiated. I’m still feeling out eating when hungry- too much for dinner but I did skip dessert. I feel great about my weight lifting- for being 5’2, I’m improving strength and consistently lifting 40-60 pounds and likely can do much more for legs. Hopefully I’m burning some fat if I can get into a calorie deficit more regularly. So glad to hear NSVs too. It makes you realize the scale isn’t the only win.